Disgusterous

Author Topic: Gym? WTF IS the actual point ey?  (Read 827 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Gym? WTF IS the actual point ey?
« on: September 30, 2011, 09:58:08 PM »
 Explode:

With joy in my heart, I decided to get some practice is in today in readiness for me BIG climbs in just 10 and 11 days time.
So's, i decide, weather gorgeous, Snowdon beckons, and with all the hard work I've been putting in over the last 6 months, virtually every piggin' day, weight loss, stronger legs and stuff, I'm going to virtually FLY up this big hillock and smash my previous best time/s. cloud9:

noooo:

I'm REALLY upset with myself.
IAM a fuckin' old cripple...and I don't admit that lightly, but I am, and a bloody total embarrasment to myself. redface:
I could have done with a bastard zimmer frame to get myself down, I was that absolutely goosed and wrecked, and as for my time....about the same as all the other lousy times, and the gross pain of having to watch other people that overtook me on the way up, COMING DOWN before I'm even 2/3rds the way up. eeek: sad32:

What is actually the point in this 'keep fit' crap ey? Shrugs:

I may as well sit at home on the soc.,and fill me face with crisps chips burgers and pop all day long. Banghead

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Gym? WTF IS the actual point ey?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 05:53:20 AM »
OK, I'll be the first to tell you, others will no doubt follow with similar and beter word (along with kicks up the arse).

Don't be so bloody hard on yourself Growler. You do yer 'ill so many times each year, you set yourself targets and you achieve them. Not satisfied that with that, you then up your target and achieve that too. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, people like you and your efforts put me to shame. Get back into being positive and keep your chin up, look forward to Switzerland, you've worked bloody hard for it
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 06:04:57 AM »
OK, I'll be the first to tell you, others will no doubt follow with similar and beter word (along with kicks up the arse).

Don't be so bloody hard on yourself Growler. You do yer 'ill so many times each year, you set yourself targets and you achieve them. Not satisfied that with that, you then up your target and achieve that too. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, people like you and your efforts put me to shame. Get back into being positive and keep your chin up, look forward to Switzerland, you've worked bloody hard for it

^^^ wot he said ^^^
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 06:40:26 AM »
Listen hun you are not a giver upper.....we can accuse you of many things but not that  ;)

Give yer fur a brush down and get back out there when you feel up to it. Don't worry about what other people are doing , they can be running up and down it backwards for all you care , but as JOM says don't be so tough on yourself.

Some days are better than others in terms of what your body feels like doing. Tomorrow is another day and all that . Just enjoy walking up yer ill, don't worry about the clock and reward yourself accordingly
Skubber

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 08:09:46 AM »
http://youtu.be/qFqr0mDzWy8               Wot they said Growler. I have not known you as long as these guys in VP but I have learnt that you call a spade a shovel. You are doing all the right things but somedays you have an off day, we all do, but if you love yer 'ills as much as I think you do you won't let the odd off day get you down. You know deep down you can do it and the biggest thing is to enjoy it.Anyway if you don't go to the Jim where you gonna see all the wimmin in their tight skimpies eh? eyes: :thumbsup:
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 08:13:57 AM »
http://youtu.be/qFqr0mDzWy8

He didn't get any of those cones in the basket....  Wankah:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 08:42:15 AM by Barman »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 08:15:37 AM »
BM gubs the quote function  Wankah:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 08:42:28 AM »
 redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 09:41:42 AM »
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 10:22:56 AM »
http://youtu.be/qFqr0mDzWy8               Wot they said Growler. I have not known you

And Meadowlark Lemon would 'uv run rings round him  Wankah: Wankah:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 10:32:40 AM »
http://youtu.be/qFqr0mDzWy8               Wot they said Growler. I have not known you

And Meadowlark Lemon would 'uv run rings round him  Wankah: Wankah:

Fecking earworm now thanks!  evil:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 10:35:38 AM »
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo, dooooooo dooooo deee dooo

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
Thanks for those words of encouragement, but I do feel so so disappointed in myself today, cry:
I set the bar high 'cus that's what life should be all about, and I feel like I've let myself down....not you lot or anyone else, just me, and that bloody well stings.
If I hadn't been giving myself the biffters for the last 6 months, I'd have had a reason and excuse, but that was just a shameful pityfull 'joke' yesterday. cussing:
I'm absolutely shattered today, my legs are like jelly and my back is aching like hell.
I'm now quite seriously concerned about my abilities next week, as what I've got to do is the equivelant of doing what I did yesterday 3 times in one go over 2 consecutive days. eeek:
The shame of not achieving that will be so disgustingly embarrasing I doesn't even  bare thinking about.

Almost wish I wasn't going now after yesterdays shinanigans. noooo:

Can't even blame my age, as there were 'fossils' overtaking me. Banghead

Even hobbling around The Asda this morning was a struggle.

'Me ''ill DOESN'T beckon today, just me bear pit. cry:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 11:17:24 AM »
If you can survive ASDA on a Saturday morning that's one helluva achievement  :thumbsup: