Disgusterous

Author Topic: Jumping to Conclusions  (Read 369 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Jumping to Conclusions
« on: October 01, 2011, 03:19:27 PM »
As posted esewhere, yesterday I attended my Uncle's funeral in Manchester. The service was held in a large church, but they no longer carry out burials there, so he was buried in the family grave at a cemetery four or so miles away. As the car park next to the church was full, I parked in a nearby street which meant that I left about one minute after the others had left the church.

As I approached one of the junctions, (the funeral cortege had already turned) I could see approx. 30 large motorbikes approaching in the opposite direction, next thing I know is that they are turning right across mine and others path, and five or so minutes later the last of what I now know was 500+ motorbikes had finished passing our path (regardless of whether the lights were red or green). I was sat there getting progressively angry, thinking I was going to miss the burial and after a few minutes I got out to ask a copper in the car behind me if it was part of the recent protests by the Motorbike Action Group (MAG). He said if it was, he wasn't aware of it

We then followed this procession of bikes all the way towards the cemetery and as I turned into the cemetery I was even more angered that what appeared to be a few of them had semingly parked up for a break. It turns out that when I asked one of them what it was all about, they had all turned up for the funeral of a local biker that had recently passed away. My feelings of anger turned to feelings of how good it as that they had all given there time to say farewell to a loved one, just like my family and friends had come to say goodbye to Alan. I then walked my way through dozen upon dozen of gleaming Harleys, taking in the beauty of these machines  cloud9:

I sure they all gave their loved one the send off he wanted, just as we did with Uncle Alan, although I suspect our day was a little quieter than theirs  ;D

From  cussing:  to   cloud9:  in such a short time. Next time, I will try not to jump to the obvious conclusion
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Jumping to Conclusions
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 03:26:06 PM »
Thanks for sharing that...  :thumbsup:

We bikers are lovely....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 03:30:04 PM »
I have mentioned before, prior to Lil Bruvver's job and home change, that we used to take a Sunday Brekky at a Bikers Cafe on the Prestatyn - Flint road.

We were sat there enjoying our fry-up one Sunday morning when at least a 100 bikers roared in.

Oh Fvck!  scared2:

Anywhoo they dismounted, removed helmets and scarves and ...... deep joy ..... they all looked older than me!

Got chatting with some of them .... Bank Managers, Brokers, Insurance Company Execs, Accountants etc etc.  eeek:

Dunno what has happened to Hells Angels ~ I guess they get old like the rest of us.

It features on a few web-sites and forums.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/community/Forums/Categories/Topic/?&topic-id=392757

If you are in the area I'd recommend dropping in. Opens at 8 am 7 days a week. Also does an excellent "Carvery Style" lunch on a Sunday for £5.50
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 03:39:26 PM »
I met the "head" of the windsor chapter what a nice bloke .......

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 03:41:05 PM »
The Duke of Edinburgh  eeek:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair