Author Topic: Car hire abroad  (Read 3297 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Car hire abroad
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2011, 09:22:40 PM »
In a night club?  scared2:

No. Me 'oneymoon Hotel (in Ayia Nappa) was 'overbooked' (1984 iirc) and they shipped us off to some rancid shithole with a generator blaring away outside the bedroom window.
I marched back to the original hotel half a mile awy and dragged the manager out of his pit at 01:00 to face the wroth of me fury.
He found us a room funnily enough. whistle:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:25:14 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #46 on: November 01, 2011, 09:39:47 PM »
Even your honeymoon  noooo:

happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2011, 09:51:14 PM »
Even your honeymoon  noooo:
happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001

Quite. I'm a bit jinxed like.  whistle:

Does the Isle of Man count as being abroad?

Punishment was regular for me in the 80's for refusing to say 'ELLO. to the faries apparently. ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2011, 07:17:25 AM »
Anyway you, I'll need a off roading DRIVING experience after the MeMi show  if I'm coming out there like.
 Up in the proper Troodos 'ills too, none of this maby pamby messing around in a couple of dusty potholes like. noooo:

Think it is the rally on monday..............wonder if BM is allowed out......... rubschin:

Special stage on Thursday night in the town centre!  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2011, 08:51:16 AM »
Anyway you, I'll need a off roading DRIVING experience after the MeMi show  if I'm coming out there like.
 Up in the proper Troodos 'ills too, none of this maby pamby messing around in a couple of dusty potholes like. noooo:

Think it is the rally on monday..............wonder if BM is allowed out......... rubschin:

Bet they're not charging you to go stand and watch it either ey, unlike in this rancid shit HOLE called GB? cussing:
I am NOT going to pay somewhere in the region of 30 quid to go and shiver and be shephered'd around like a friggin' lost sheep up the Gt Orme in Llandudno or one of the other forests that the WRC is fina;;y re-visiting again in just 10 days time.
I'd ssssso like to go and watch like I used to religiously every year for decades.

Just another pastime/hobby/something to follow/enjoyment that has been swallowed up by fat greedy money grabbing bastards. Finger: Explode:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 09:00:13 AM »

Bet they're not charging you to go stand and watch it either ey, unlike in this rancid shit HOLE called GB? cussing:
I am NOT going to pay somewhere in the region of 30 quid to go and shiver and be shephered'd around like a friggin' lost sheep up the Gt Orme in Llandudno or one of the other forests that the WRC is fina;;y re-visiting again in just 10 days time.
I'd ssssso like to go and watch like I used to religiously every year for decades.

Just another pastime/hobby/something to follow/enjoyment that has been swallowed up by fat greedy money grabbing bastards. Finger: Explode:

Tell you, as much as we moan about this rabid rancid free for all illegal immigrants at the taxpayers expense shit hole that we call GREAT Britain, it isn't actually that bad you know, apart from............. whistle:

whistle:    ;)     angel1
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2011, 09:02:16 AM »

No, free I think...

Entrance to parc fermé by five o'clock to see the cars.... then this spacial stage around the town...  :thumbsup:

Then possibly up in the mountains tomorrer like...

When can you get here...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2011, 09:13:05 AM »

No, free I think...

Entrance to parc fermé by five o'clock to see the cars.... then this spacial stage around the town...  :thumbsup:

I piggin well wish! sad32:

Is this a national clubman rally then?

Rallying scene is dying a very sad and slow death in this country now, thanks in the main to the FIA/MSA and all the other gin swigging thieving toffs that are 'in charge' and making the rules up as they bumble along.
They make me want to  sick2: violently.  Angry9:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2011, 09:15:08 AM »

Tell you, as much as we moan about this rabid rancid free for all illegal immigrants at the taxpayers expense shit hole that we call GREAT Britain, it isn't actually that bad you know, apart from............. whistle:

whistle:    ;)     angel1

Wha'? Shrugs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2011, 10:16:02 AM »

No, free I think...

I piggin well wish! sad32:

Is this a national clubman rally then?

Rallying scene is dying a very sad and slow death in this country now, thanks in the main to the FIA/MSA and all the other gin swigging thieving toffs that are 'in charge' and making the rules up as they bumble along.
They make me want to  sick2: violently.  Angry9:

No...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2011, 01:09:30 PM »
Well, I see Growler's rant got published  whistle:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2011, 02:32:24 PM »
Ah but where?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »
On the link he posted below  ::)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2011, 02:39:27 PM »
So it was ~ now there's a thing. A post with a link .... who would have thought it.

I really must pay more attention and then try to retain a memory of all the shite that gets posted on here.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2011, 02:40:51 PM »
 angel1