Author Topic: Child maintenance  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Child maintenance
« on: December 05, 2011, 10:37:28 AM »
The latest idea from the government, charge people who use the child maintenance system as it will 'encourage parents to take financial responsibility for their children'. Absolutely brilliant, penalise parents who are on the last resort because the absent parent isn't making any contribution by charging them £50 or £100 to use the scheme and then up to 12% of the payments from then on.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/singleparent-plan-will-hit-poor-6272336.html

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Child maintenance
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 10:55:04 AM »
The latest idea from the government, charge people who use the child maintenance system as it will 'encourage parents to take financial responsibility for their children'. Absolutely brilliant, penalise parents who are on the last resort because the absent parent isn't making any contribution by charging them £50 or £100 to use the scheme and then up to 12% of the payments from then on.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/singleparent-plan-will-hit-poor-6272336.html

The Government aims to charge families £100, or £50 if they are on benefits, to access the government-run mai...

Once again, what is the fucking point of charging anybody on benefits anything? Who is going to pay for that???

Utter mongs - worse than the last lot....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 12:23:26 PM »
There is no difference between either party other than who holds the purse strings.  cussing:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 05:20:35 PM »
Once again, what is the fucking point of charging anybody on benefits anything? Who is going to pay for that???

Errrr, doesn't that just mean they pay out less taxpayers money in total?

I had assumed that was the whole idea.
I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 05:24:04 PM »
The problem is that it is charging the wrong parent Darwin. Instead of charging the absent parent they penalise the one asking for help.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 05:43:12 PM »
The problem is that it is charging the wrong parent Darwin. Instead of charging the absent parent they penalise the one asking for help.

I wasn't suggesting for one moment that it is right or proper in any sense, just that it fits neatly with the policy of paying out less.

Fairness of justice had no bearing.
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 07:15:01 PM »
Maybe a liberal view ..........but why not IQ test people who want children .........or put something in the food at every comprehensive school...........and sterilize anyone who appears on reality TV or day time TV.......... rubschin:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 08:19:04 PM »
I'd be very liberal with that something in the food  whistle:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 08:23:12 PM »
Maybe a liberal view ..........but why not IQ test people who want children .........or put something in the food at every comprehensive school...........and sterilize anyone who appears on reality TV or day time TV.......... rubschin:
:thumbsup:
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 10:47:53 PM »

Is this before, during, or whilst having a smoke after like? whistle:

Rest of it..... :thumbsup:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 10:50:47 PM »
This time next year I could be PM........... cloud9: