Author Topic: oh dear  (Read 480 times)

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
oh dear
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:30:08 PM »
Supercars' outing ends in $4m smash

The crash on the Chugoku Expressway in Japan ended up with 10 people being taken to hospital and an estimated damage bill of almost $4 million. Photo / APIt is possibly the most expensive crash in the world, involving no fewer than nine Italian thoroughbreds belonging to members of a supercars club.

Fourteen machines, including eight Ferraris, one Lamborghini and a Nissan GT-R were involved in the smash on the Chugoku Expressway in Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan.

A more homely Toyota Prius was also among the wreckage.

Ten people were taken to hospital, and the damage bill could reach almost $4 million.

Among the supercar casualties were two Ferrari F430s, two Ferrari F355s, two Ferrari 360 Modenas and a Lamborghini Diablo.

"The accident occurred when the driver of a red Ferrari was switching from the right lane to the left and skidded," said Mitsuyoshi Isejima, a representative of the Yamaguchi Prefecture's traffic police.

"It was a gathering of narcissists."

The drivers were aged between 37 and 60, he said.

The person suspected of causing the accident, a 60-year-old man from Fukuoka, faces up to three months in jail or a hefty fine, said Mr Isejima.

The bill exceeds that of the previous most expensive crash, where a blonde woman hit four luxury cars - a Mercedes, Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin worth a combined $1.2 million - while navigating her $500,000 Bentley out of a parking area in Monte Carlo, Monaco, this year.

The crash in Japan happened on a curve and involved an oncoming car - a Mercedes-Benz.

The Japanese newspaper Asahi Shimbun reported that one of the Ferraris hit a median strip.

It hit the Mercedes and, as it disintegrated over the next 400m, following supercars from the enthusiasts' club piled into the wreckage.
 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001 happy001
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: oh dear
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:31:39 PM »
AFFS  point: point: point: point:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 08:32:31 PM »
AFFS................and the hybrid......

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 08:45:36 PM »
 eeek:  sad24:

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 08:53:05 PM »
http://youtu.be/u8FggQo4fJs  Is this what happened to Benton?

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 11:20:10 PM »
Most excellent. :thumbsup:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd