Author Topic: The all new THW comes to visit and other arguments thread  (Read 1369 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: The all new THW comes to visit and other arguments thread
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2011, 09:04:49 AM »
Nope but I am pretending she is not here.

Apparently she told her mother yesterday that she thinks "Dad doesn't seem to want me at home, he stops speaking whenever I come into a room and goes off to his study"

Woodstock replied (so she says) "have you tried not contradicting everything he says and perhaps showing a little respect for his opinions....You might find he'll talk to you more if every time he opens his mouth you don't start an argument"

THW "Why?"

And that last question, dear readers, is the whole thing summed up in a nutshell.

Thank heavens for studies/basements....  whistle:

:thumbsup:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 12:11:38 AM »
I shall be going into hospital on the 29th so I will be spared at least some of it.

Good luck if they don't cancel it again.  :thumbsup:

I mostly despair

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 07:01:04 AM »
^^^Wot he said^^^

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 07:40:29 AM »
Ta both ..... I shall be there with me PJs and sponge bag at 0800 tomorrow morning.

I fully expect them to take one look at my cold ridden body, snot filled nasal passages, blocked sinus, congested chest and hacking cough and send me home again. If they do decide to carry on regardless I'll see you all in the New Year.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »
THW returns to campus today. She is taking so much kit that she has persuaded her mother to drive her there rather than go by train.

I advocated an early start .... they have spent since 7am ironing and packing and are still loading my car. Could she not have packed yesterday? Apparently not as she produced a mountain of washing at 6 yesterday evening.  Banghead

How long to get to Egham, have lunch en route, unload and drive back? I'd estimate a good 12 hours.

Woodstock's car is in for a new head gasket tomorrow so she doesn't want to risk taking that but in reality there is so much stuff packed into mine that it would never have fitted the Corsa.

More faffing than I would have believed possible. cussing:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2012, 09:33:08 AM »
THW returns to campus today. She is taking so much kit that she has persuaded her mother to drive her there rather than go by train.

I advocated an early start .... they have spent since 7am ironing and packing and are still loading my car. Could she not have packed yesterday? Apparently not as she produced a mountain of washing at 6 yesterday evening.  Banghead

How long to get to Egham, have lunch en route, unload and drive back? I'd estimate a good 12 hours.

Woodstock's car is in for a new head gasket tomorrow so she doesn't want to risk taking that but in reality there is so much stuff packed into mine that it would never have fitted the Corsa.

Sill, you get the day off...  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2012, 09:33:21 AM »

At your age, my old dog, you should know that the capacity of the female of the species to faff, is unlimited.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2012, 09:38:39 AM »

At your age, my old dog, you should know that the capacity of the female of the species to faff, is unlimited.

Earworm!  evil:

Space - Female Of The Species
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2012, 09:41:22 AM »

I had hoped so but Minimus has cried off school with a belly-ache (in reality I suspect he is upset at her departure.)
Minor said goodbye to her with a quivering bottom lip but manfully said he'd rather go to school than sit at home and mope.

I can just about understand their feelings despite the fact that they have spent the last 3 weeks fighting, arguing and complaining about one another.

Oh and the THW has given her mother and I advice about bring up children in her absence ~ cheeky mare!  evil:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2012, 01:33:41 PM »

I had hoped so but Minimus has cried off school with a belly-ache (in reality I suspect he is upset at her departure.)
Minor said goodbye to her with a quivering bottom lip but manfully said he'd rather go to school than sit at home and mope.

I can just about understand their feelings despite the fact that they have spent the last 3 weeks fighting, arguing and complaining about one another.

Oh and the THW has given her mother and I advice about bring up children in her absence ~ cheeky mare!  evil:

At your age, my old dog, you should know that the capacity of the female of the species to believe they are infallible, is unlimited.
 whistle:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2012, 01:39:34 PM »
Indeed ~ you would have thought I'd have learned by now.  surrender:

4 Hours since they left and still no word of safe arrival. Well they can't say I didn't warn them that today was not the best day to tackle the 1 hour's worth of country lanes to the M6 thence to the M42, M40, M25 etc.  She didn't need to be back until Sunday but wanted to get back to grab some time in the laboratory before everyone else got there.
I fear for my Land Rover which Woodstock is not used to driving.  scared2:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 01:41:56 PM by Snoopy »

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »
In an interview with the New Scientist magazine to mark his 70th birthday on Sunday, January 8, Stephen Hawking was asked: "What do you think most about during the day?" to which he replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."

We have no chance   noooo:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: January 05, 2012, 01:44:45 PM »
Never a truer word  noooo:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #28 on: January 05, 2012, 01:50:29 PM »
^^^^
Amen
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...