Author Topic: is this shite what we pay our tv license for?  (Read 1205 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: is this shite what we pay our tv license for?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2011, 06:50:02 AM »
shite factor, dance factor, big brother factor, I am an essex pikey wedding factor. What the feck is all this shite? Do they think we are all feckin eejuts with no life of our own?
Every time you turn on the tv these days the choice is more and more shite, with z list celebrities, talentless wannabees, over the hill sports ''stars'' and out and out pricks.
Suddenly they put a decent tv show'Life in the Freezer' on and there is uproar because part of it was filmed in a zoo.
Hours and hours of dumbed down, out and out tripe and drivel is ok to broadcast, but a proper programme gets murdered because it was safer to film the birth of a baby 'growler' in a zoo. makes me sick.
They should appreciate quality on the rare occasion it gets through and all the shell suitwearing, obese, benefit claiming scum who are moaning about how hard up they are yet can still vote on a premium rate phone line, so that arsewipes like simon cowell can become richer can all piss off to America and live with him and let us viewers with an IQ have our tv back. cussing:

I have one of those new flat screen digi-TVs with an 'off' button like....  cloud9:
what is the point of having the latest all singing all dancing tv and stick control if all that is on is SHITE? if you want to watch 1970s  version of x factor, buy the feckin dvds  thatsit: Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead

I don't watch lots of tellybox to be honest....

Generally speaking I put the iPlayer on in the evening and there is something on the BBC that I find worth watching - well worth my licence fee anyway....  ;)

I very rarely venture onto ITV or Channel 4 unless somebody on here recommends something - like the Fred West thing.

My main complaint is the outrageous bias the BBC often shows - towards the global warming message and against smoking for instance - when they should really be the only unbiased broadcaster (you could understand the others being biased towards the message of their advertisers)....

I watched that programme about Pakistani gangs raping under-age white girls the other night. I was surprised to see it on the BBC because multiculturalism is another of their favourites. I wasn't surprised having watched it to find 'the message' presented by the non-reflective was that white men made up the majority of rapists. In fact, according to the show these Pakistani gangs hardly rape anybody at all.... They even managed to drag up a white girl who had been repeatedly gang-raped by a group of Pakistani men when she was twelve and guess what - she now has a Pakistani boyfriend because it is only a teeny-tiny number of Pakistani men that view white women in that way you see...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 09:32:25 AM »
shite factor, dance factor, big brother factor, I am an essex pikey wedding factor. What the feck is all this shite? Do they think we are all feckin eejuts with no life of our own?
Every time you turn on the tv these days the choice is more and more shite, with z list celebrities, talentless wannabees, over the hill sports ''stars'' and out and out pricks.
Suddenly they put a decent tv show'Life in the Freezer' on and there is uproar because part of it was filmed in a zoo.
Hours and hours of dumbed down, out and out tripe and drivel is ok to broadcast, but a proper programme gets murdered because it was safer to film the birth of a baby 'growler' in a zoo. makes me sick.
They should appreciate quality on the rare occasion it gets through and all the shell suitwearing, obese, benefit claiming scum who are moaning about how hard up they are yet can still vote on a premium rate phone line, so that arsewipes like simon cowell can become richer can all piss off to America and live with him and let us viewers with an IQ have our tv back. cussing:

I agree Mr B.  Mr C and I agreed to disagree over this. We watched The Frozen Planet.  We both thought it was great. He ranted over the bear thing I couldn't give a flying fook.  It was irrelevant it was great TV with some extraordinary filming.  It stood head and shoulders above most of the shite on the box.
^^^^^^^^^
Wot she said :thumbsup:

Apart from Mr C ranting to me about the bears of course
I mostly despair

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 06:29:22 PM »
I like the head and shoulders ads  ;)
Is your real name Dan Druff? tunble:
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2011, 08:48:54 PM »

I agree Mr B.  Mr C and I agreed to disagree over this. We watched The Frozen Planet.  We both thought it was great. He ranted over the bear thing I couldn't give a flying fook.  It was irrelevant it was great TV with some extraordinary filming.  It stood head and shoulders above most of the shite on the box.
^^^^^^^^^
Wot she said :thumbsup:

Apart from Mr C ranting to me about the bears of course

I should hate for you to feel left out DS I will send Mr C to you first thing in the morning. he has any number of rants, a bit like a jukebox if you will, mention a topic press his buttons and off he goes. angel1
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2011, 09:20:47 PM »
I like the head and shoulders ads  ;)
Is your real name Dan Druff? tunble:

No, he is really Al O'Pecia  ;)
I mostly despair