Author Topic: madness  (Read 1093 times)

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
madness
« on: December 17, 2011, 02:17:39 PM »

Panic Saturday: Brits To Spend £1.5m A Minute

Christmas shoppers are expected to spend around £1.5m a minute today on what is set to be one of the busiest shopping days of the year.

It is thought over 11 million people will spend more than £1bn, according to a report by shopping comparison website Kelkoo.

It said consumers will spend £128 each on Christmas presents and other goods, taking the average family spend this festive season to almost £700.

The last Saturday before Christmas traditionally sees shopping centres up and down the country packed with people purchasing presents.

Christmas sales make up around 18% of annual retail sales.

Those who cannot face the crowds on the high street will also be making orders on the internet to make sure their gifts arrive in time for the big day.

Online sales are expected to soar by over 16% to £13.4bn this Christmas compared with last year, and compared to a 2% fall on the high street, according to the Kelkoo report.

Books, DVDs and electrical items are likely to be among the items that shoppers are buying to give to their loved ones.

And parents who have left their shopping to the last minute will be rushing to get the must-have children's toys for their little ones.

This year's most popular toys include a doll that lives in a hydration tank and a Moshi Monsters Treehouse, according to the Toy Retailers Association (TRA) .

Norman Black, head of marketing at Brent Cross Shopping Centre in north west London, said sales of jewellery and watches have risen by 20% in the run-up to Christmas.

He said: "Shoppers still want quality at Christmas, particularly with something as personal as jewellery. In fact, last week one of our jewellers sold the most expensive watch they had ever sold here, at a cool £80,000."

More than a million shoppers are expected to pass through the centre's doors between now and December 25.

Meanwhile the Trafford Centre in Manchester has seen one million shoppers over the past nine days.

Director of operations Gordon McKinnon said: "There is no doubt that many people have left it later this year, holding off spending until as late as possible, but we are now into the final run-in and people realise there are only a few days left."

The busy day will provide a much-needed boost to traders who suffered poor sales in November.

whacky115 shrugs: Wankah:
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Online apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: madness
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 02:24:51 PM »
BM and his amazon link......... noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 05:58:31 PM »
Intermong shopping is the best thing I've ever discovered. :thumbsup:

I'm proud to say that I haven't been anywhere near ANY fithy shitty overcrowded germ/disease filled hell hole full of vile obnoxious sheeple of a store at all this year. Absolutely SWEET as a whole wagon load of nuts, cloud9:

Of course another big plus is the fact that if you're not too sure which whatever to purchase, you can read all the customer reviews to weed out the crappy stuff first.
I've found some really great stuff on Avinsome, and I've treated /am treating meself too. :thumbsup:

What you bought me anyway Bodeebum? lol:

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 06:04:28 PM »
Except when posty delivers your stuff to the wrong address, like  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 06:20:42 PM »
Talking of which, wrong address, I was sent an email late yesterday afternoon asking me to settle an account...
fair enough. The statement was dated July and they'ed sent the invoice and statements to the wrong address   whistle:

shutup: shutup:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »
Intermong shopping is the best thing I've ever discovered. :thumbsup:

I'm proud to say that I haven't been anywhere near ANY fithy shitty overcrowded germ/disease filled hell hole full of vile obnoxious sheeple of a store at all this year. Absolutely SWEET as a whole wagon load of nuts, cloud9:

Of course another big plus is the fact that if you're not too sure which whatever to purchase, you can read all the customer reviews to weed out the crappy stuff first.
I've found some really great stuff on Avinsome, and I've treated /am treating meself too. :thumbsup:

What you bought me anyway Bodeebum? lol:

cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 10:23:25 PM »
Talking of which, wrong address, I was sent an email late yesterday afternoon asking me to settle an account...
fair enough. The statement was dated July and they'ed sent the invoice and statements to the wrong address   whistle:

shutup: shutup:

Talking of which I purchased a bread-maker from a seller on Ebay the day after it arrived I received an email from the vendor telling me that it had not yet been dispatched.  The day after that I received a counter to oven from the same seller, addressed correctly to me which I had not ordered. Having taken the delivery note off the sender has two different addresses.  I don't want the sodding thing but will not pay the postage to get it back to the seller.  Sent them an email, have they responded, have they hell.  It is going outside tomorrow. evil:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 11:37:34 PM »
Online sales are expected to soar by over 16% to £13.4bn this Christmas compared with last year,  eeek: :thumbsup:

That'll be down to us lot then! lol:  :thumbsup:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 06:48:43 AM »
Online sales are expected to soar by over 16% to £13.4bn this Christmas compared with last year,  eeek: :thumbsup:

That'll be down to us lot then! lol:  :thumbsup:

cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 06:54:58 AM »
I thought people were meant to be cutting back ?  rubschin:

The Brat came back last night after going Christmas Shopping. It would appear she has bought me a pressy  eeek:

But clever ploy that is ...

" have you bought all my presents " ? she asks

"Why" I say

" Well I've spent all my money now and I really need this pair of headphones I saw today "  ::)

" How much are they " ? ... suspicion beginning to be aroused

"£130" innocently replies

eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek: eeek:

"That'll be  no then " she huffed and stomped  noooo:
Skubber

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 06:58:13 AM »
A hundred and thirty quid??? eeek:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 06:59:28 AM »

Different planet she lives on  noooo:
Skubber

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 07:01:26 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2011, 09:28:06 AM »
I was reluctanty dragged to Harlow yesterday by my daughter so she could get a prezzie for her mum. Thousands of people spending money like it's going out of fashion (come to think of it, it may be  rubschin: ) Where's this recession then?

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2011, 09:30:21 AM »
I was reluctanty dragged to Harlow yesterday by my daughter so she could get a prezzie for her mum. Thousands of people spending money like it's going out of fashion (come to think of it, it may be  rubschin: ) Where's this recession then?

Transferred to a credit card APR 29.9% variable, terms and conditions apply.
 whistle: