Author Topic: Edukashun Standards  (Read 1809 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline beerhead

• Wet behind the ears
  • Not quite a regular
Re: Edukashun Standards
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »
Nick, if you are not part of the solution. you are part of the problem.
Not quite a regular ! Regular as clockwork me !

Online Nick

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2011, 06:20:54 PM »
I was ruthless in my lecturing days  eveilgrin:

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 07:33:55 AM »
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100125465/if-exam-boards-feel-it-necessary-to-spoon-feed-children-to-the-answers-to-gcse-ict-questions-there-really-is-no-hope-left-for-this-country/

NO !! Lilly livered Liberals and the feckin human Rights bill have Fecked this country right up. It's now all ME ME ME.
Everybody is afraid to upset everybody else. The sooner a Government gets some bollocks and takes the Justice system and the HR bill by the scruff of the neck the better for everybody, but it will never happen and the country just spirals downwards and inwards, eventually to implode on itself. Happy New Year if that's what you want. noooo:
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 03:43:39 PM »
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100125465/if-exam-boards-feel-it-necessary-to-spoon-feed-children-to-the-answers-to-gcse-ict-questions-there-really-is-no-hope-left-for-this-country/

NO !! Lilly livered Liberals and the feckin human Rights bill have Fecked this country right up. It's now all ME ME ME.
Everybody is afraid to upset everybody else. The sooner a Government gets some bollocks and takes the Justice system and the HR bill by the scruff of the neck the better for everybody, but it will never happen and the country just spirals downwards and inwards, eventually to implode on itself. Happy New Year if that's what you want. noooo:

Well said that man!

And, when we get fully ruled joined up to the EU, we'll really be in the shite!

Napoleonic Law and all that -
  • GUILTY until YOU can PROVE you're NOT.
  • Plod can come along and lift you, then keep you without charge for as long as they like, and there's nowt you or anyone else can do about it!

I don't know about you lot, but I find that prospect frightening in the extreme!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 07:24:53 AM »
which is why I am fecking off to New Zealand  :thumbsup:
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 07:39:54 AM »

Well said that man!

• Plod can come along and lift you, then keep you without charge for as long as they like, and there's nowt you or anyone else can do about it!

I don't know about you lot, but I find that prospect frightening in the extreme!

Worse still, the 'need' to prosecute the 'racist' killers of Stephen Lawrence has resulted in the removal of the Double Jeopardy law...

Which means in effect that if the plod get the 'wrong' verdict in a trial they can keep having another go until they get the 'right' one....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 08:04:50 AM »

Well said that man!

Worse still, the 'need' to prosecute the 'racist' killers of Stephen Lawrence has resulted in the removal of the Double Jeopardy law...

Which means in effect that if the plod get the 'wrong' verdict in a trial they can keep having another go until they get the 'right' one....  noooo:

But only for 29 specified crimes and then only after the appeal court has decided that the first verdict (not guilty) was wrong and where there is "compelling new evidence".
Not quite the blanket "carry on going to court until you get the verdict you want" that some would have us believe.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2012, 08:24:17 AM »

Well said that man!

But only for 29 specified crimes and then only after the appeal court has decided that the first verdict (not guilty) was wrong and where there is "compelling new evidence".
Not quite the blanket "carry on going to court until you get the verdict you want" that some would have us believe.

Snoopy QC.

:thumbsup:   
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 08:37:04 AM »

Well said that man!

Snoopy QC.

:thumbsup:

Nah! I listened to the debate about it on "Today" this morning.  ;D

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2012, 08:38:05 AM »

Well said that man!

And you don't think that will change in time...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2012, 08:54:32 AM »
Oh I cannot predict the future ~ if I could I wouldn't be in the bloody country today.

I do know that the original proposal was to limit the waiving of double jeopardy to only three crimes but the Government of the day allowed it to be greatly widened so you may well be right in suggesting that this is a pretty thick "thin end of the wedge" and we have probably opened a door that will be very hard to close.

On the same track I personally still have doubts that the right verdict has been reached even now but then I was not in court and have not seen/heard all the evidence. To me there is more than a touch of trying to shut the Daily Mail up about the whole thing together with the Met trying, perhaps too hard, to prove they are no longer racist. I do suspect that this is not the end of the matter and that campaigns to prove their innocence will now commence and run side by side with others, on both sides, seeking compo will run for years. My only prediction is that this is not the last we will hear of the whole sorry saga.

A good sort out of the Criminal Justice system in the UK is necessary but don't hold your breath..... there will, no doubt, be much more tinkering at the edges but no real rationalisation of the law or sentencing for many years yet.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2012, 03:12:41 PM »
Oh I cannot predict the future ~ if I could I wouldn't be in the bloody country today.

I do know that the original proposal was to limit the waiving of double jeopardy to only three crimes but the Government of the day allowed it to be greatly widened so you may well be right in suggesting that this is a pretty thick "thin end of the wedge" and we have probably opened a door that will be very hard to close.

On the same track I personally still have doubts that the right verdict has been reached even now but then I was not in court and have not seen/heard all the evidence. To me there is more than a touch of trying to shut the Daily Mail up about the whole thing together with the Met trying, perhaps too hard, to prove they are no longer racist. I do suspect that this is not the end of the matter and that campaigns to prove their innocence will now commence and run side by side with others, on both sides, seeking compo will run for years. My only prediction is that this is not the last we will hear of the whole sorry saga.

A good sort out of the Criminal Justice system in the UK is necessary but don't hold your breath..... there will, no doubt, be much more tinkering at the edges but no real rationalisation of the law or sentencing for many years yet.

Agreed!  :thumbsup:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2012, 04:24:47 PM »
The other thing that struck me today listening to the wireless is this concept of a 'Racist Murder'...

Surely murder is murder - when did the motive ever become relevant...? Shrugs:

Is Racist Murder worse than normal murder?

Is there ever likely to be a conviction for a black on white Racist Murder?

WTF is going on?  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Online Nick

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2012, 04:27:25 PM »
I sometime think that strangling stroppy female fatties should be made legal rubschin: