Author Topic: Back to School  (Read 30186 times)

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
Re: Back to School
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2007, 11:53:49 AM »
Yes but you can't just pop out to the shops and buy essence of raspberry can you?  noooo:

I had my first Christmas not at home last year, do you have any idea how hard it is to track down the right sort of rabbit mold? Took me five sets of bids on ebay!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2007, 11:58:21 AM »
Yes but you can't just pop out to the shops and buy essence of raspberry can you?  noooo:

I had my first Christmas not at home last year, do you have any idea how hard it is to track down the right sort of rabbit mold? Took me five sets of bids on ebay!

£2.99 from http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/aca

Or

£2.95 from http://thecookskitchen.com/pics/big_6028.jpg

There you are ~ yet more sites from which to add to your tat mountain.

And for your store cupboard
http://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/page.php?pid=78
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 12:03:46 PM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2007, 01:28:19 PM »
What is this thread about?It seems to have left the rails and started careering about the countryside.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2007, 01:35:48 PM »
What is this thread about?It seems to have left the rails and started careering about the countryside.
I think you ran it off the rails in reply number 11...  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2007, 01:41:42 PM »
Not sure that any thread that runs to more than 1 page ever stays on topic.

RTFM

Berek

« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2007, 01:53:23 PM »
Not sure that any thread that runs to more than 1 page ever stays on topic.

at the BBC you'd get your arse slapped

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2007, 02:01:29 PM »
All I have to do is equip Mr Wench with a new lunch box

rubschin:
I mostly despair

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2007, 02:05:22 PM »

?2.99 from http://www.cakescookiesandcraftsshop.co.uk/aca

Or

?2.95 from http://thecookskitchen.com/pics/big_6028.jpg

There you are ~ yet more sites from which to add to your tat mountain.

And for your store cupboard
http://www.belvoirfruitfarms.co.uk/page.php?pid=78

It had to be the right sort of shape and none of those are. I picked one up for ?6 in the end. Thanks for the fruit link though.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2007, 02:07:32 PM »
Originally I was moaning about school uniforms and the urgent need to pacify Mrs Snoopy with the purchase of large quantities of same today.
Seems that then Nick got hung up about the thought of my 14yo daughter's underwear and swiftly moved (no doubt by some mammary memory brought on by Berek's pictorial contribution) to his introducing the subject of blancmange. Wench chimed in with some happy childhood memories of Blancmange in bunny shaped moulds, there was a quick aside concerning Rabbits of a different nature before we got back to the Blancmange and raspberry cordial. At that point I sort of gave up because some workmen due on Monday next arrived to remove our old oil storage tank and I am now engaged in a heated debate about the base required for the new tank which they tell me is on route. It cannot however be fitted without a base which seems to have escaped their attention despite it being clearly stated in the agreed schedule of work.
The workmen having arrived all thought of a happy(?) afternoon in M&S et al have gone by the board.

As for my suggested bunny moulds being the wrong shape ~ what f***ing shapes do bunnies come in?

OK? All up to date now?

Onward and upward!

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2007, 02:10:12 PM »
Originally I was moaning about school uniforms and the urgent need to pacify Mrs Snoopy with the purchase of large quantities of same today.
Seems that then Nick got hung up about the thought of my 14yo daughter's underwear and swiftly moved (no doubt by some mammary memory brought on by Berek's pictorial contribution) to his introducing the subject of blancmange. Wench chimed in with some happy childhood memories of Blancmange in bunny shaped moulds, there was a quick aside concerning Rabbits of a different nature before we got back to the Blancmange and raspberry cordial. At that point I sort of gave up because some workmen due on Monday next arrived to remove our old oil storage tank and I am now engaged in a heated debate about the base required for the new tank which they tell me is on route. It cannot however be fitted without a base which seems to have escaped their attention despite it being clearly stated in the agreed schedule of work.
The workmen having arrived all thought of a happy(?) afternoon in M&S et al have gone by the board.

As for my suggested bunny moulds being the wrong shape ~ what f***ing shapes do bunnies come in?

OK? All up to date now?

Onward and upward!
lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2007, 02:11:46 PM »
At first glance I thought that bunny would was some sort of breastplate. It has nipples on its ears.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2007, 02:14:05 PM »

It had to be the exact same shape as Mother Wench's bunny. She and her three sisters were all furnished with the same one and it is that paticular bunny that always graces the Christmas table. I don't pretend that it is logical.  redface:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2007, 02:14:39 PM »
At first glance I thought that bunny would was some sort of breastplate. It has nipples on its ears.

Look .... to fill a mould you have to place it upside down.... with me so far. The "nipples" that you see are to ensure that the bunny mould will sit flat on a work surface so that you can pour in the jelly or blancmange where it will set.
Are you sure you are not still thinking of my daughter in a platform bra?  evil:

Offline Nick

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2007, 02:16:19 PM »
No, cos I still don't know what a platform bra is

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2007, 02:17:41 PM »