Author Topic: Back to School  (Read 30141 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Back to School
« Reply #150 on: September 04, 2007, 02:09:03 PM »
First day back and the school have aleady phoned, I am not returning the call... whistle:

You have my sympathies. Still waiting to hear from the bastard catholic mafiosi. Amazed that men still wear Brylcreem and ties with insignia on them evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Berek

« Reply #151 on: September 04, 2007, 06:26:54 PM »
It was nothing to do with him..it was about my contribution to the school fund.. whistle:

Offline Nick

« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2007, 07:53:41 PM »
Cash or kind?

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2007, 09:25:45 PM »
It was nothing to do with him..it was about my contribution to the school fund.. whistle:

If you feel anything like me, tell 'em to F. OFF! evil:

I've had yet another row with Mrs Growler on this very subject. She won't cancel the annual subscription to them.
The head is a bread headed control freek twat, and that is just what what a couple of his ex members of staff told me on their departure day.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #154 on: September 05, 2007, 07:02:13 AM »
I pay enough in taxes, one way or another, to cover the costs of the education of my children. It is the responsibility of the State to provide that education. It is enough that I have to get them there, in expensive uniforms (with extra plimsolls) and then listen to them repeating the twaddle that the so called "Educators" fill their innocent little minds with.
I refuse to pay EXTRA for an inferior service. Like I told the Head at my boys' school ~ I wouldn't give a tip for poor service in a hotel so I'm buggered if I am going to tip you for failing to teach my children properly.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2007, 07:19:57 AM by Snoopy »
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #155 on: September 05, 2007, 08:54:44 AM »
The "hols" drag on. And it's raining sad24:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #156 on: September 05, 2007, 08:59:49 AM »

Ah Ha ~ we are all back to school.  cloud9:
Yes it is raining here too.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2007, 09:03:44 AM »

It better stop for tomorrow. Growler Jnr. has got his 'field trip' measuring and looking at some rivers near Wrexham and Loggerheads tomorrow.
He's not happy, but it sounds like a damned good skive to me tbh.
Should have been back in July, but it was a bit wet then IIRC. rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2007, 09:08:49 AM »

It better stop for tomorrow. Growler Jnr. has got his 'field trip' measuring and looking at some rivers near Wrexham and Loggerheads tomorrow.

He should enjoy that ~ Loggerheads is great fun. My bunch love going there.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2007, 09:11:48 AM »

He should enjoy that ~ Loggerheads is great fun. My bunch love going there.

Do you know, I've driven past the Loggerheads park hundreds of times on me way to Moel Famau, but never stopped their. Must go and have a sniff around some time.
The Loggerheads ale ''ouse is quite good IIRC. rubschin:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2007, 09:24:05 AM »
My two started their new school yesterday, neither were very happy when they came home. I think they were a bit overwelmed by the experience despite only their year (7) and year 12 being. The school wasn't exactly awash with hundreds of children.

The others start today so I expect more winging this evening.

They did bring home a few letters about two school trips as well as 'voluntary' contributions for 'Design and Technology' classes. Total cost laid out for the pair of them was ?97.00.

Offline Nick

« Reply #161 on: September 05, 2007, 09:24:56 AM »
Those "voluntary" contributions are a bugger, aren't they. I sometimes "forget" to make them.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #162 on: September 05, 2007, 10:14:21 PM »
Growler jnr. has been told to take a digi camera with him tomorrow, so he can download the pictures onto the school computer for his course work.

It better come back fully fit and working, or the bloody headmaster will be receiving another visit from me....bloody cheek. ::)

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2007, 07:53:46 AM »
Growler jnr. has been told to take a digi camera with him tomorrow, so he can download the pictures onto the school computer for his course work.

It better come back fully fit and working, or the bloody headmaster will be receiving another visit from me....bloody cheek. ::)

You are kidding me! No way would I let a child of mine take a digi camera to school, it's asking for trouble! Why can't he download them at home and just take in a memory stick?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2007, 08:02:49 AM »
Having two grown up children (39 and 37 years old respectively), another in year 10, one in year 5 and the littlest in year 2 I have been involved with the education of my children for the past 34 years. In that I have heard so much about what they "Have to do" and what they "Have been told we must bring in" etc. I can assure you that nine tenths of it is that the children have not understood what it is that the teachers have said to them. Countless times I have marched off to the school to complain about the unreasonable or plain stupid demands only to discover that what was actually said in class was quite different to the message that came home. Yes it is often the fault of the teachers who fail to make themselves clear. They forget that what I, as an adult, would grasp instantly is not what a inattentive child, whose mind is on something else (like how much longer must this lesson last before I can go kick a ball around), hears.

Eg. Teenage Hormone Wreck frequently tells me that she MUST work on the internet for her homework. Now they all have PCs in their rooms but the only internet connections are on mine and the wife's machines. When I check this YOU MUST command with the school I discover that the teachers are well aware that less than half their pupils have internet access at home and would never tell the kids that they must use it for homework. What the staff have said is "You can of course get some information from the internet ~ use the PCs in the school library during your lunch breaks". Teenage Hormone Wreck would rather spend her break glued by the mouth to a pile of raging male hormones behind the bike sheds than go to the library so assumes that I will hand over my PC on demand.

I suspect that fewer than half of Growler Junior's class have access to a digital camera and what in fact has happened is that G Jnr has "volunteered" to bring one in. That is the usual way these things turn out when you go steaming in to complain.

I accept that some teachers are thoughtless, silly and often downright ignorant of life as most of us live it BUT they are trained to be very careful about not making ANY child feel deprived because they don't have something. They are aware that some pupils parents are loaded and others are poor (by comparison) and therefore cannot provide all the latest gadgets.

Personally I check and recheck every demand that starts "Teacher says I have GOT TO" because teachers simply don't say that very often and then it is usually about some item of school uniform that the child doesn't want to wear.