Disgusterous

Author Topic: Why I hate the French #124  (Read 1064 times)

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
Why I hate the French #124
« on: January 09, 2012, 07:13:26 AM »
French fans of Michael Jackson are suing the late pop star's doctor for emotional damage they suffered over the singer's death.

The case against Conrad Murray, who was jailed in November over the star's 2009 death, is due to be heard in the French city of Orleans on April 11, lawyer Emmanuel Ludot said.

"It's similar to losing a childhood friend in a traffic accident." Ludot said.

The lawyer is acting for around 100 fans who are members of an association that calls itself the Michael Jackson Community.

He said that while each fan could be awarded damages of up to 10,000 euros ($12,520.35), they are only seeking a symbolic payout.

Jackson, aged 50 at the time of his death, had hired Murray at a salary of $US150,000 ($146,749.50) a month to look after him as he rehearsed for his planned This Is It comeback shows in London.

The star died on June 25, 2009 at his Los Angeles home of an overdose of anaesthetic propofol, taken to help him battle insomnia.

Murray was found guilty in November of involuntary manslaughter and sentenced to the maximum four years in prison.
Michael Jackson fans in France are suing doctor Conrad Murray for the emotional damage they suffered following the pop star's death.
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Why I hate the French #124
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 09:08:46 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 09:14:40 AM »
These sort of eejits should never be given the time of day.

The Office of Common Sense should just be able to refuse to accept any uch lawsuit as a complete waste of everyone's time. The lawyer acting on 'behalf' of this community should be barred from life on the basis that he is not of sound mind or judgement and the 'Community' should be offered a holiday doing Community Service to help them over their emotional trauma  Banghead
Skubber

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 12:56:14 PM »
I'm trying to get my head round the idea that a nyone would feel the need for a reason to hate the French.    rubschin:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 01:32:14 PM »
I'm trying to get my head round the idea that a nyone would feel the need for a reason to hate the French.    rubschin:

Apart from their attitude that they are the only people who matter, their innate snobbishness, their conviction that they are the only people in the world who can cook, their dire treachery over the Falklands, their inability to pronounce my name, the fact that we have spent centuries at war with them, their complete lack of gratitude for British lives lost to free them, that every Frenchman over the age of 70 claims to have been a member of the resistance, their belief that they should be in charge of the EU (and in consequence the rest of Europe), the piss poor wines they try to assert are the world's best, their complete lack of any sense of humour, the way they shrug their shoulders and puff out their cheeks whenever one attempts to speak their language and their insistence that they see no need to speak English, their horrid cars, their even more horrid roads, their draconian motorway police, their attempts to palm all illegal immigrants off on us, that parts of France are little better than the "Third World", the smell of dog shit in Paris during August, Johnny Hallyday, corrupt politicians, scrapping Concord (I refuse to add the "e" put in to placate them), that glass pyramid outside of the Louvre, their bloody garlic (not half as good as that grown on the Isle of Wight), that they have to be in charge whenever our armed forces act together ..........
No you are quite right .... No reason to hate them at all ~ I just do.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 01:34:27 PM »
 lol:

But the accent is soooooooooooooo sexy  razz:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2012, 01:35:00 PM »
Goad Moaning Miss D  eyes:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 01:42:00 PM »
Oh and I forgot the ability to fvck up the simple process of making a cup of tea.

I don't want a piece of string hanging out of a glass and no milk  cussing:

Which reminds me of a crude joke for which I am sorry.  redface:

Q. How can you tell when you are not welcome in the bar?

A. When your Bloody Mary comes with a blue string hanging over the side of the glass.

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2012, 02:27:13 PM »
In the past few years I must have looked at many thousands of webpages, funny how some stick in the mind. On checking, this one is from nearly seven years ago and was posted in the other place by Victor Fawlty

It's great stuff, isn't it, knocking the French. In two weeks time my wife and I will be sat on the patio outside our cottage. Along with many of our French neighbours, and several British families who live near us,including a few VERY famous pop stars, and politicians. We will be looking at this topic through a red wine haze, and discussing each one on it's merit.

So, any of you who intend posting, could you maybe add a touch of humour to your efforts, maybe cut back on the wars won and lost, and also be a little more tactful about so-called French surrender monkey jokes.It is very difficult to explain this to a lovely old French chap, (who speaks perfect English), whose father, mother, and two uncles were, along with 96 others from their village, placed against a wall and shot, by the nazi's, because they were members of the resistance !

By the way, without exception, the people in this village, turn out for any WW2 ceremonies. When, at one of these affairs you are shaken firmly by the hand, by a tearful Frenchman, and told," merci, merci, Anglais", all the old Frog jokes, tend to lose their meaning.

Make no mistake, the French, young and old, know damn well who saved them in world war two...................The British !

There's good and bad everywhere if you look around, it all depends what you're looking for
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2012, 02:29:41 PM »
Good point., well made  :thumbsup:

They are still frog bastards though  evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2012, 02:37:22 PM »
I lived there for a while - got to quite like the buggers really, but that was in the 'deep south' - they tend to be more polyglot and hence more friendly down there.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2012, 02:38:23 PM »
In the past few years I must have looked at many thousands of webpages, funny how some stick in the mind. On checking, this one is from nearly seven years ago and was posted in the other place by Victor Fawlty

It's great stuff, isn't it, knocking the French. In two weeks time my wife and I will be sat on the patio outside our cottage. Along with many of our French neighbours, and several British families who live near us,including a few VERY famous pop stars, and politicians. We will be looking at this topic through a red wine haze, and discussing each one on it's merit.

So, any of you who intend posting, could you maybe add a touch of humour to your efforts, maybe cut back on the wars won and lost, and also be a little more tactful about so-called French surrender monkey jokes.It is very difficult to explain this to a lovely old French chap, (who speaks perfect English), whose father, mother, and two uncles were, along with 96 others from their village, placed against a wall and shot, by the nazi's, because they were members of the resistance !

By the way, without exception, the people in this village, turn out for any WW2 ceremonies. When, at one of these affairs you are shaken firmly by the hand, by a tearful Frenchman, and told," merci, merci, Anglais", all the old Frog jokes, tend to lose their meaning.

Make no mistake, the French, young and old, know damn well who saved them in world war two...................The British !

There's good and bad everywhere if you look around, it all depends what you're looking for

My tongue was very firmly in my cheek JOM  ~ We have spent many very enjoyable weeks in France ...... If only it weren't full of the French  razz:

Offline Nick

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2012, 02:40:31 PM »
I have several French friends. The fact that all they do is shrug and blow raspberries is neither here nor there as long as they have nice knockers  angel1
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2012, 02:43:12 PM »
I saw what you did there:

"And then let any man explain to me, if he can, how it
happened that Scrooge, having his key in the lock of the door,
saw in the knocker, without its undergoing any intermediate
process of change -- not a knocker, but Marley's face.

Marley's face. It was not in impenetrable shadow
as the other objects in the yard were, but had a
dismal light about it, like a bad lobster in a dark
cellar. It was not angry or ferocious, but looked
at Scrooge as Marley used to look: with ghostly
spectacles turned up on its ghostly forehead. The
hair was curiously stirred, as if by breath or hot air;
and, though the eyes were wide open, they were perfectly
motionless. That, and its livid colour, made it
horrible; but its horror seemed to be in spite of the
face and beyond its control, rather than a part or
its own expression."

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2012, 02:51:10 PM »

Good point well made!  :thumbsup:

I cycled London to Paris for the Royal British Legion a few times - everywhere we stopped in France the locals came out to join in the remembrance services and give us food and booze...

Pro Skub  Thumbs: