Disgusterous

Author Topic: Operational Inefficiency  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Operational Inefficiency
« on: January 23, 2012, 06:24:45 PM »
I had a £60 speeding ticket in November. Because the car is from a leasing company it wasn't until mid December that I was made aware (I saw the flash but thought, "it's only one in ten that are loaded, I'll be OK"  ::) ) Once I confirmed that I was the driver they sent me the invoice on 28.12.11 giving me 28 days to pay, and I sent off my debit card and details and license on 13.01.12

When I got home on the evening of 20.01.12 I had received a reminder that it hadn't been paid, so I rang them this morning to find out why the money hadn't yet left my account. After a five minute wait my call was answered... "oh, yes, we received your letter on 16.01.12, so payment will be taken out soon, but I must warn you that at the moment we are just doing all the fines for 10.01.12  Banghead

I explained that I understood that they couldn't say that it had been paid yet, but surely it would have been helpful had they said that they were in receipt of my payment on the 16th, rather than just sending a reminder on the 18th that it hadn't been paid. Of course I got the usual, "oh, it's a computer that generates the reminder"

Given that today is the 23rd and they are only processing payments from the 10th, how much interest are they missing out on at £60 per fine  Banghead  Banghead  Banghead
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Operational Inefficiency
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 06:26:47 PM »
 happy100
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 06:35:28 PM »
I have no problem with the fine or the points, it's the inefficiency of their operation that angers me

On the flipside, I saw my dental hygienist today, £47 for the pleasure. I paid that, then asked for another appointment in three months time.
Her - "Oh, you 'll have to pay up front for that, and it'll be £50 for that appointment"
JOM - "I don't have £50 (I did), but I object to you having £50 of my money for three months when it could possibly be gaining interest for me"
Her - "Then you can't have an appointment"
JOM - "Well I'll ring nearer the time and make an appointment and payment then"
Her - "That'll be OK"

At least they know how to make a bit lot of money
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 06:51:41 PM »
FFS JOM...Get rid of that Avartart...Its hideous...

Why don't you put that nice one up of Oliver Reed that you used to use...the one with all the snot dripping ...

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 06:52:50 PM »
All the speeding cameras here have been disabled .......for a few years..... :thumbsup:

Only the mobile hand held jobbers to look out for .......but they normally are in the same place all the time........also a big plus here is that other drivers ALL flash to warn you of any police .... :thumbsup:

Offline Nick

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 06:53:40 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »
FFS JOM...Get rid of that Avartart...Its hideous...

Why don't you put that nice one up of Oliver Reed that you used to use...the one with all the snot dripping ...

When I first saw it I nearly spat my beer out .......... :thumbsup:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2012, 06:58:57 PM »
All the speeding cameras here have been disabled .......for a few years..... :thumbsup:

Only the mobile hand held jobbers to look out for .......but they normally are in the same place all the time........also a big plus here is that other drivers ALL flash to warn you of any police .... :thumbsup:

They've still caught me four times...  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2012, 07:00:52 PM »

How............12 years driving here not one speeding fine.............(and yes my car can go that fast )

Offline Nick

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2012, 07:02:33 PM »
BM's car is pulled by frightened cats  ::)

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2012, 07:02:44 PM »

How............12 years driving here not one speeding fine.............(and yes my car can go that fast )

rubschin:...What about drink driving...

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »

137 on the motorway... then three times in a 50KPH limit....  evil:

A friendly policeman made one of them disappear....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »

rubschin:...What about drink driving...

Ah..........still pending....... redface:

Offline bodiam

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2012, 08:28:55 AM »

yes, one caught me after 30 years. Snidy bastard was hiding behind a car and leapt out to stop me. If I had had my wits about me I would have run him down, he was one obnoxious little turd, who loved the power he had. Mentioning to him that while he was having fun nicking motorists who were travelling at 5mph over the speed limit to make himself feel good, real criminals were getting away with murder, did not go down too well  ;D He was a typical cop, and threatened to arrest me  scared2: twat!!
I started my life with nothing and I still have most of it left

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2012, 08:36:33 AM »
I remember you...