Disgusterous

Author Topic: Out of the blue  (Read 1496 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Out of the blue
« on: March 27, 2012, 12:11:20 PM »
I received a message this morning from someone who I have not heard from in years and years and years.

" I saw a woman on the train this morning who sooooo reminded me of you that I almost got horny. (Almost, cos I am old now lol ! )  Missing you !. Just cos we havent't spoken in far too long doesn't mean I don't think about you.  When are you free for lunch ?"

noooo:

So my first impression is that this person has recently become single again and is revisiting all past acquaintainces  noooo:

Not one mention of " how are you " or " what is your situation" just presumptions or checking that my mobile number is the same . Haven't changed this number in nearly 20 years  redface:

I responded and said I don't really do the ghosts of Christmas past but it's good that he still has his memory capability  noooo:
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Out of the blue
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 12:13:04 PM »
Bless! He prolly thought you would enjoy a stalker.  ;)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 12:13:55 PM »
Mr Thread?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 12:15:16 PM »
 lol:

Bless you deer  ;)
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 12:15:44 PM »
Mr Thread?

But this thread started in the gutter , it can only go up  whistle:
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 12:16:12 PM »
Bless! He prolly thought you would enjoy a stalker.  ;)
drumroll:
I mostly despair

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 12:18:11 PM »
I received a message this morning from someone who I have not heard from in years and years and years.

" I saw a woman on the train this morning who sooooo reminded me of you that I almost got horny. (Almost, cos I am old now lol ! )  Missing you !. Just cos we havent't spoken in far too long doesn't mean I don't think about you.  When are you free for lunch ?"

noooo:

So my first impression is that this person has recently become single again and is revisiting all past acquaintainces  noooo:

Not one mention of " how are you " or " what is your situation" just presumptions or checking that my mobile number is the same . Haven't changed this number in nearly 20 years  redface:

I responded and said I don't really do the ghosts of Christmas past but it's good that he still has his memory capability  noooo:

Count yourself lucky.

All my contact with old flames is invitations to their funerals.
I mostly despair

Online Nick

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 12:20:15 PM »

noooo:

Count yourself lucky.

All my contact with old flames is invitations to their cremations.
whistle:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 12:21:30 PM »

noooo:

Count yourself lucky.

whistle:

lol: lol: lol:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 12:22:03 PM »

noooo:

Count yourself lucky.

whistle:

rubschin:  I'm sure that was intentional....... Made me larf anyway.

Online Nick

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2012, 12:23:05 PM »
 Banghead

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2012, 12:30:31 PM »

If that is the case then I'm sure he would appreciate any help you can give him. There are any number of dating websites dealing with all tastes and it wouldn't be immoral to set up a couple of profiles with his number on would it? It would just be an unfortunate mistake because you haven't heard from him in so long that you use the 'wrong' sites....  eveilgrin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 12:33:09 PM »

noooo:

Count yourself lucky.

whistle:

Sorry but nobody I know gets buried these days, it's all cremations so I assumed that was what DS meant and that we were supposed to pick up on the joke.

P'raps I am too quick.  redface:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 12:33:33 PM »
Oh don't get me wrong , there is no malice there. But don't expect me to fall for crap like I'm missing you  noooo: noooo: noooo:
Skubber

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 12:36:44 PM »
Send me his number...we could have some fun with this ;-)