Disgusterous

Author Topic: The all new Estate Agents are B@st@rds thread  (Read 475 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
The all new Estate Agents are B@st@rds thread
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:59:45 AM »
Two weeks ago our newly appointed estate agent photographed the newly painted Kennels, took measurements of all rooms etc and on Saturday we received a draft copy of the "particulars" to correct, sign and return. Many errors of fact were corrected
Woodstock carried the completed documents into their office on Monday morning as they opened their doors for business.
Today is Friday and they have still not uploaded the property to their own website + Rightmove, Zoopla etc.  cussing:

I have tried to contact them but all lines are busy so the call went through to their Chester Office ~ who, of course, have no idea why there should be a delay but have promised to get the local branch to call me back.
As their fee (£3800) is only payable if they sell the property I rather expected that by now they would be getting on with the job.
I wait none too patiently  tunble:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: The all new Estate Agents are B@st@rds thread
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 10:07:44 AM »
Two weeks ago our newly appointed estate agent photographed the newly painted Kennels, took measurements of all rooms etc and on Saturday we received a draft copy of the "particulars" to correct, sign and return. Many errors of fact were corrected
Woodstock carried the completed documents into their office on Monday morning as they opened their doors for business.
Today is Friday and they have still not uploaded the property to their own website + Rightmove, Zoopla etc.  cussing:

I have tried to contact them but all lines are busy so the call went through to their Chester Office ~ who, of course, have no idea why there should be a delay but have promised to get the local branch to call me back.
As their fee (£3800) is only payable if they sell the property I rather expected that by now they would be getting on with the job.
I wait none too patiently  tunble:

Use all of the following words to make a sentence about estate agents.

money
old rope
leeches
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 10:56:04 AM »
 tunble:  3 hours and still no call back so I 'phoned them again.

No answer  Angry9:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 11:48:09 AM »
Oh dear Snoops  happy100

Shall we send Nick round ?
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 02:07:14 PM »
Finally!  evil:

They blame a "glitch" in the programme that enables them to upload details to their web site and thence to Rightmove and Zoopla etc.

I have pointed out that this is bollix as each property selling website has its own upload system. I have further pointed out that the same "glitch", if it exists at all, would not prevent them from getting a man round here to put up a FOR SALE board. I went on to suggest that the problem was, in my opinion, much more likely to be that when Woodstock handed the office boy the corrected details and signed contract on Monday morning he had put it on a desk and forgotten it.

They have been given until Monday to get both the web sites updated and a board outside the property or I will deem it breach of contract and sue them for lost sales opportunities as all the holiday makers who are currently driving past my front door will not now know that the house is on the market.

I feel better having shouted at them. I do so enjoy a good rant at a groveller.  cloud9:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »
Oh dear Snoops  happy100

I know all about Nick's ability to sell a house by DIY but I doubt that it would work in today's housing market ~ certainly not in this area.  noooo:

BUT having said that Nick is always welcome here ... as I trust he knows.

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 02:09:19 PM »
Finally!  evil:

They blame a "glitch" in the programme that enables them to upload details to their web site and thence to Rightmove and Zoopla etc.

I have pointed out that this is bollix as each property selling website has its own upload system. I have further pointed out that the same "glitch", if it exists at all, would not prevent them from getting a man round here to put up a FOR SALE board. I went on to suggest that the problem was, in my opinion, much more likely to be that when Woodstock handed the office boy the corrected details and signed contract on Monday morning he had put it on a desk and forgotten it.

They have been given until Monday to get both the web sites updated and a board outside the property or I will deem it breach of contract and sue them for lost sales opportunities as all the holiday makers who are currently driving past my front door will not now know that the house is on the market.

I feel better having shouted at them. I do so enjoy a good rant at a groveller.  cloud9:
happ096
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 02:11:09 PM »
Oh dear Snoops  happy100

Afterthought:

rubschin: ..... An insurance claim you say .........  whistle: