Author Topic: 50 things to do  (Read 3656 times)

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
Re: 50 things to do
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 10:21:13 AM »
What about 50 things girls should have done by the time they are 11 ¾ ?

Your starter for 10 - kiss-chase!

RTFM

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2012, 10:22:12 AM »
It's a treasure hunting kinda thing but organsied in a social networking type of way. You find the treasure but have to replace it with something for someone else to find .

And you use a GPS to find the treasure....  cloud9:

And you (NICK) gave The Boy a Sat Nav as I recall.  rubschin:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2012, 10:24:38 AM »

Minor and Minimus both complained that gerls wanted to play that in Junior Skool but they thought the idea was "GROSS!"

I have assured them that by the time they want to play it the gerls will have outgrown the idea. My suggestion was "Try it ~ you will like it" but   tunble:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2012, 10:44:01 AM »

Oh yes!  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 10:45:20 AM »
It's a treasure hunting kinda thing but organsied in a social networking type of way. You find the treasure but have to replace it with something for someone else to find .

And you use a GPS to find the treasure....  cloud9:

And you (NICK) gave The Boy a Sat Nav as I recall.  rubschin:

http://www.geocaching.com/  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
... but can you tell where North is using your watch? Eh?   ;)
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 11:03:51 AM »

Oh yes....  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 11:08:30 AM »

rubschin:

12 o clock of course  8)
Skubber

Offline Nick

Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 12:46:04 PM »
Minor tells me that they still do that!

Not sure about the rest of the list tho'. My boys haven't done half of it  noooo:

It's all Wii/Playstation/Nintendo DS these days .... they never seem to go out to play any more.

What a shame....  noooo:

I was thinking about this earlier today for some reason...  rubschin:

I was remembering that when I was a kid (born 1960), there were things that were widely available that I never, ever dreamed that I would have access to....

I lived near the airport and loved watching the aircraft but I never dreamed that I would actually be able to go on one... also other stuff like having your own telephone in the house, a dishwasher, numerous other appliances that you might see on the (B/W) tellybox....

I can't think that kids of today have that same kind of 'wish list' that we did... they might want the latest iPhone but they probably have their own phone already along with a Wii/Playstation/Nintendo DS or whatever... what is there to really desire?

Two of my friends have kids they are attached to psp type things......... noooo:.....even when they come round for dinner ....

Offline tel

• Senior Moment
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »

Minor and Minimus both complained that gerls wanted to play that in Junior Skool but they thought the idea was "GROSS!"

I have assured them that by the time they want to play it the gerls will have outgrown the idea. My suggestion was "Try it ~ you will like it" but   tunble:

Dunno which was worse, getting caught by the gerls or being told off by the nuns for sinful behaviour!
Most of the girls then went on to the convent school next door.

RTFM

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 12:55:53 PM »

Not sure about the rest of the list tho'. My boys haven't done half of it  noooo:

It's all Wii/Playstation/Nintendo DS these days .... they never seem to go out to play any more.

What a shame....  noooo:

I was remembering that when I was a kid (born 1960), there were things that were widely available that I never, ever dreamed that I would have access to....

I lived near the airport and loved watching the aircraft but I never dreamed that I would actually be able to go on one... also other stuff like having your own telephone in the house, a dishwasher, numerous other appliances that you might see on the (B/W) tellybox....

I can't think that kids of today have that same kind of 'wish list' that we did... they might want the latest iPhone but they probably have their own phone already along with a Wii/Playstation/Nintendo DS or whatever... what is there to really desire?

Two of my friends have kids they are attached to psp type things......... noooo:.....even when they come round for dinner ....

I fecking hate that - in restaurants too.....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 12:59:36 PM »

What a shame....  noooo:

Not just kids now ...........at a wedding yesterday and the bride was texting (pun intended) during the speeches ......... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 01:19:27 PM »

What a shame....  noooo:

Not just kids now ...........at a wedding yesterday and the bride was texting (pun intended) during the speeches ......... noooo:

noooo:

Funny Wedding Clip of Bride Texting Down the Aisle
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 01:21:51 PM »
Sad but true........... noooo: