Disgusterous

Author Topic: Yet another reason to move house  (Read 967 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Yet another reason to move house
« on: April 19, 2012, 06:05:41 PM »
Letter from High School:
They are, from September, intending to teach some lessons in dual language. There is no opt out provision.

Comment from both boys "Fook that, we'll go back to home education"   censored:

I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Re: Yet another reason to move house
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:06:20 PM »
Welsh bastards  Banghead Banghead Banghead Banghead
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:12:26 PM »
"The aim for this bilingual class is to nurture their use of Welsh and to encourage them to use it in a wide variety of situations around school. This will be a fantastic opportunity for pupils to nurture their language and ensure they leave the school fully bilingual"

It is not THEIR language  cussing:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:14:18 PM »
Come to that it is clear that the letter writer's first language is not English!  angry041:

Offline Nick

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 06:34:56 PM »
Offer them English lessons  whistle:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 07:16:31 PM »
It could be time to start using the system against them. something along the lines of it being a breach of their human rights to have to be forced to learn a language that has little meaning to the rest of the world.   rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 07:28:22 PM »
It could be time to start using the system against them. something along the lines of it being a breach of their human rights to have to be forced to learn a language that has little meaning to the rest of the world.   rubschin:
That gets my vote.  :thumbsup:
I mostly despair

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 07:36:09 PM »
A vote for Grumpmeister is a vote for common sense.  :thumbsup:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 07:39:21 PM »
A vote for Grumpmeister is a vote for common sense.  :thumbsup:

happy100
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2012, 06:18:22 AM »

I agree with you but the battle is not one I can win so it is easier and fairer on the children to move back to England where they belong.
Those pushing the Welsh Agenda have convinced themselves that they are an oppressed nation and that we are the oppressors. (Their words not mine) Any waves caused by me will result in the children being "punished" in various ways ..... one of which is the use of teacher power to downgrade their marks so that they do not get decent GCSEs and are thus disbarred from even sitting A levels which in turn means no University places. If you think the medical profession close ranks to protect their own I can assure you they are amateurs compared to teachers. The days when exam results depended on one sitting down and completing an examination paper are long gone. Results and Grades are now heavily weighted in favour of "Course Work" which is teacher assessed. Moderation of teacher assessment is not applied to all work, only to selected pieces of work that are submitted for moderation, and guess who does the selecting.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2012, 06:33:36 AM »

I agree with you but the battle is not one I can win so it is easier and fairer on the children to move back to England where they belong.
Those pushing the Welsh Agenda have convinced themselves that they are an oppressed nation and that we are the oppressors. (Their words not mine) Any waves caused by me will result in the children being "punished" in various ways ..... one of which is the use of teacher power to downgrade their marks so that they do not get decent GCSEs and are thus disbarred from even sitting A levels which in turn means no University places. If you think the medical profession close ranks to protect their own I can assure you they are amateurs compared to teachers. The days when exam results depended on one sitting down and completing an examination paper are long gone. Results and Grades are now heavily weighted in favour of "Course Work" which is teacher assessed. Moderation of teacher assessment is not applied to all work, only to selected pieces of work that are submitted for moderation, and guess who does the selecting.

Sadly 'tis all true. You don't stand a chance against the system they have created.

Equally sadly, like all wars, the sacrifice is other peoples' children.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2012, 08:05:09 AM »
I have to accept that we moved here for several, what at the time, seemed like good reasons but the increasing "Welshification" is driving us out so I guess we only have ourselves to blame.

We used to live in a small village about 2 miles off junction 10 of the A1M. Drive North from Marble Arch for 35 miles and turn left. Easy enough commute either by car or train but the house was a small terraced cottage and when the company "retired" me and we found we had another (3rd) child on the way we looked for summat bigger, which on the suddenly reduced income was not possible where we were.
So reasons to move away = Bigger house at affordable price + Increasingly annoying visits from SiL who had taken to calling in for dinner on her way home from work every evening and staying until gone 11 which was a pain in the arse + we thought that this very English part of Wales would avoid the Welshness. At first all went well BUT over the past 11 years the Welshness has increased. More and more English people are moving out and those that remain are either old, without children, and thus able to ignore the Welshness or those who have bought into it. The latter are even worse than the natives .... A bit like those who have given up smoking or become vegetarian they are so rabid that they are in your face the whole time.

Of course we should have gone earlier when it became apparent which way the wind was blowing but the THW kicked up so much about how we would ruin her life chances etc that we delayed and delayed. Now we are b*ggered with a dead housing market so moving out is taking time. One house viewing since we put it on the market last August does not auger well so I have now instructed the estate agent to reduce the price by an eyewatering £30k. We shall see if that produces anything.

As a last resort we may have to rent this place out and ourselves rent somewhere in England.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 06:52:09 AM »
I have to accept that we moved here for several, what at the time, seemed like good reasons but the increasing "Welshification" is driving us out so I guess we only have ourselves to blame.

We used to live in a small village about 2 miles off junction 10 of the A1M. Drive North from Marble Arch for 35 miles and turn left. Easy enough commute either by car or train but the house was a small terraced cottage and when the company "retired" me and we found we had another (3rd) child on the way we looked for summat bigger, which on the suddenly reduced income was not possible where we were.
So reasons to move away = Bigger house at affordable price + Increasingly annoying visits from SiL who had taken to calling in for dinner on her way home from work every evening and staying until gone 11 which was a pain in the arse + we thought that this very English part of Wales would avoid the Welshness. At first all went well BUT over the past 11 years the Welshness has increased. More and more English people are moving out and those that remain are either old, without children, and thus able to ignore the Welshness or those who have bought into it. The latter are even worse than the natives .... A bit like those who have given up smoking or become vegetarian they are so rabid that they are in your face the whole time.

Of course we should have gone earlier when it became apparent which way the wind was blowing but the THW kicked up so much about how we would ruin her life chances etc that we delayed and delayed. Now we are b*ggered with a dead housing market so moving out is taking time. One house viewing since we put it on the market last August does not auger well so I have now instructed the estate agent to reduce the price by an eyewatering £30k. We shall see if that produces anything.

As a last resort we may have to rent this place out and ourselves rent somewhere in England.

happy100  Aww Snoops come over here and have a tummy rub.  I had to move to Wales many years ago.  Had three small children and another one on the way.  Luckily it was a company move and they paid all the removal fees and the solicitors fees for the house sale.  Part of the deal was they would also pay the first 6 months rental on a property.  We moved in November. The first house was brand new all very nice until we discovered that the plumbing for the bathrooms was running up hill. noooo: This made bathing and flushing toilets very difficult. The builders buggered up and we ended up spending six weeks (which included Christmas) in the Holiday Inn in Cardiff. The two rooms paid for by the company.  Sounds fab but was dreadful.

Two properties and one more child later we gave up the fight. The children we made to attend Welsh lessons.  There was no choice.  The Welsh speaking people around us were very insular.  One family that we were friends with and who's delightful children would babysit for us excluded us from a big event that they held every Christmas. The lady of the house explained to me beforehand that the reason for this exclusion was that the event was for Welsh people?speakers only.

Beautiful place but I was so pleased to leave. I wish you and yours all the best in your efforts to escape.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 09:54:17 AM »
Thanks Miss C ... Indeed they are a funny lot and I don't mean funny Ha Ha but funny Peculiar.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »
Our reason to move is bastard kids ,,,,,our street used to be so quiet , now all the kids are about 4/5 years old and every house has more than one ..........with these warm nights and no crime .........it is like living in a pissing playground......... cussing:

Rant over.........

our nice neighbour as I type has just gone out and screamed at his lot ..........so not just me then.........