Author Topic: This confirms all I ever thought about the RSPB  (Read 329 times)

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
This confirms all I ever thought about the RSPB
« on: May 05, 2012, 05:29:00 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-17966324

Heavy rain and flooding has had a disastrous impact on many of the RSPB's nature reserves, the charity has said.

Nests and breeding grounds have been destroyed by rising water levels, the bird protection group added.

Did they honestly think that all their fund raising and bleating about the likkle birdies was going to stop nature doing what nature has always done?  noooo:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
Re: This confirms all I ever thought about the RSPB
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 11:20:59 AM »
No, no, no Snoops - they quite obviously expected that the gubbiment and "those in positions of power" should have 'done something'.

After all, it was predictabubble with all the Global/Climate/Warming/Change/Events/Anomalies happenning.

They should have been able to stop it shouldn't they?

After all, they are all powerful - just like Canute was       whistle:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: This confirms all I ever thought about the RSPB
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »
Would this be the same RSPB who were in the news recently for selling off a piece of land to a developer that had been bequeathed to them as a nature reserve?  rubschin:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.