Author Topic: Current annoying ads..  (Read 2839 times)

Berek

Current annoying ads..
« on: August 09, 2007, 12:42:03 PM »
here we go:

Vinnie Ball Grabber Jones and a fairy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ_l1pU5mII

Josh, ya da's foond ya scooota
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY_mPrjHQyY

A bit of rain never hurt anyone ( tell that to the soft southerners )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sabETfEAw1w

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
Re: Current annoying ads..
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 12:56:43 PM »
Nadine bleedin Baggot!!!
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Berek

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 01:01:10 PM »

Berek

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2007, 01:03:55 PM »
as for this shite

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpUpBHyDPIw

I WAS a member of the AA until I broke down one morning going to work, it took them 40 minutes to answer the phone ( I rang every couple of minutes ) and when the AA man arrived he was a contractor in his own van, no yellow jacket and no saluting me.

biggest heap of wank going.

I'll stick to honest John

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2007, 01:07:59 PM »
Of course there wasnt an AA man berek, they were all too busy making that video where they are all singing  whistle:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »
One trend I have noticed in ads that really narks me off is when you get a company that makes an ad in a foreign language (usually a product that sells in huge numbers) and then takes the cheap approach and just dubs english on as if we arent going to notice.

If you are going to flog the stuff to us then at leasr make an ad in english you cheapskate bastards  angry037

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 02:18:56 PM »
The off shoot of that is when they film it in English and yet still dub it. So the mouth movement and the sound don't match.  eeek: Why do it?

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 02:30:02 PM »
The off shoot of that is when they film it in English and yet still dub it. So the mouth movement and the sound don't match.  eeek: Why do it?
Presumably because the attractive actress in the advert talks like an East end scrubber?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 02:30:55 PM »
Presumably because the attractive actress in the advert talks like an East end scrubber?  whistle:

As in Singin' in the Rain
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Misunderstood

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 04:14:17 PM »
One trend I have noticed in ads that really narks me off is when you get a company that makes an ad in a foreign language (usually a product that sells in huge numbers) and then takes the cheap approach and just dubs english on as if we arent going to notice.

If you are going to flog the stuff to us then at leasr make an ad in english you cheapskate bastards  angry037

AND use a right-hand drive car too.  evil:

Mr Happy

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 10:15:45 PM »
Here we go:

DFS: 'Not another sale'...  'We only have two sales a year'  No you don't you lying feckers.  They use a loophole called an 'introductory price' which is in essence bollocks.  Who the hell is going to see an advert for a ?500 sofa, wait a week to pay a grand?  Also, as they are made to the number of orders that are then placed, it is not a sale.

Any Car Insurance:  Why don't the companies just agree to split the cost and just put a list of their names on screen.  Voice over 'One of us will probably have the right cover for you at a price you are prepared to pay.'  Look, you can't all be the cheapest and the best, you'd save some cash by sacking your creative department.

Car Adverts:  The new 'Mystic' on the road for ?6,995.  Model shown ?12,995.  Actually can i get one with an engine and the wheels.  There is one at the moment where an average small car is shown and the model shown is ?5k difference!

The Climate Change Swindels:

Lenor:  If you use Lenor Concentrate we can take 12,00 lorryloads of the road.  WTF do you make Lenor Non-Concentrate then you bastards?

Aerial:  Turn your machine down to 30 degrees.  No i want clean clothes, i do remember reading somewhere that this can cause increased limescale and lead to your machine dying early - yep save the planet!

Eon:  Can't remember the exact wording but they suggest that we can now choose a cleaner energy option, if you have one use it, don't ask us.

Cosmetics / Health Food:  Penti-pepcides, jo-juna berries, healthy bacteria.  Feck off, feck off, feck off!

Misunderstood

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 10:26:34 PM »
You watch way too much television!

You'll start watching Coronation Street if you're not careful.   noooo:

Save the planet:  Ban all this utter, utter, utter waste of resources in making and showing all these completely barmey ads that nobody with a brain believes and have the TV close down two hours eary and we can all go to bed with a functioning brain.

Mr Happy

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 10:31:34 PM »

Save the planet:  Ban all this utter, utter, utter waste of resources in making and showing all these completely barmey ads that nobody with a brain believes and have the TV close down two hours eary and we can all go to bed with a functioning brain.

That's exactly it, I hate the ads but they p1ss all over the programs.

I'm afraid i have to accept the television as opposed to watch it.  I'm convinced that my wife believes the air in our house is unfit for human consumption but the TV being on sorts the problem.

My vice is generally the radio, i get accused of being a boring, miserable bar steward for listening to it which is hurtfu probably true!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2007, 08:50:43 AM »

That's exactly it, I hate the ads but they p1ss all over the programs.

I'm afraid i have to accept the television as opposed to watch it.  I'm convinced that my wife believes the air in our house is unfit for human consumption but the TV being on sorts the problem.

My vice is generally the radio, i get accused of being a boring, miserable bar steward for listening to it which is hurtfu probably true!

Same in this kennel. I so seldom watch TV that I wonder why I pay for it. Sky, TV Licence, ?450 for the main set in the living room, another "portable in the sitting room, 2 video recorders, DVD recorder ~ and I sit in my study with the radio on. ::)
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Mr Happy

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2007, 09:22:40 AM »
Indeed, and when i attempted to spend ?100 on a digital radio the Mrs pulled a face fit for television...