Disgusterous

Author Topic: Countdown to Limp Dicks  (Read 7249 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Countdown to Limp Dicks
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:13:09 AM »
So this is the vision for London apparently  rubschin:

How the London will look during the Games
Skubber

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
Re: Countdown to Limp Dicks
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 11:30:15 AM »
still looks like a cold, grey, miserable crap-whole. noooo:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 12:03:30 PM »
Well, they got the first bit right ...   ::)

Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
still looks like a cold, grey, miserable crap-whole. noooo:

+1  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 04:28:06 PM »
So this is the vision for London apparently  rubschin:

How the London will look during the Games

Well, it certainly does not encourage me to visit the place.  Dreadful. I noticed that they filmed the warships a few times.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 05:03:53 PM »
... and strangely, no sunshine  rubschin:

As for the G4S debacle  ...   noooo:   doh: doh:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2012, 09:51:29 AM »
G4S debacle, to those who know the industry, was entirely predictable. That was a contract we would never have bid for as it was doomed from the start.
What needs to be remembered is that there simply are not enough English speaking responsible unemployed persons who would be prepared to apply for the short term jobs and thus fvck their benefits for the sake of two to four weeks work at £8.50 an hour. They are not paid for training, they are not paid for travel, they are not paid for anything other than time actually spent on duty.They certainly would not have been paid for the time between recruitment and actual deployment so what's the point? That is why G4S were and still are recruiting at the last minute. Anyone employed will not be paid benefits, they will not be paid their rent allowances, council tax rebates etc and at the end of it will be deemed by the Dept of Work & Pensions to have intentionally made themselves jobless, because they accepted short term work, and will thus be back having to re-qualify for all they currently receive.
Okay short term summer work for students etc but there is a limit to those who would be available in the right places.
We used to provide security for Wimbledon and it was a friggin' nightmare each year..... So much so that we withdrew from the tender list.

What amazes me is the Holier Than Thou MPs who cannot see this .... they are so naive they are not fit for purpose.

Still it does give Humphrys, Paxman and Snow something to give vent to their full range of mock incredulity, their rising intonation and their stupid line of questioning under the guise of "getting to the truth". They need not bother as I have set it all out for them above.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 10:11:09 AM »
Indeed. There was a particularly foul stench of sanctimony drifting across the river yesterday from the HoC committee rooms.

Perhaps the job should have been offered to the armed forces from the beginning with free tickets for family ...   rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 10:17:12 AM »
The reason the Limp Dicks organisers went "private" was that the Armed Forces would have charged more ..... you only get what you pay for in this world.

Oh and it has to be remembered that the Government had no hand in awarding the contracts ~ time to question those that did.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 10:18:34 AM »
Surely G4S don't give a fuck?

They probably knew it was a no brainer... but they also knew they'd get millions from the taxpayer if they provided the necessary personnel or not.

Once again the taxpayer has been fucked up the arse.  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 10:28:40 AM »
G4S admitted yesterday that they only bid for the contract for the prestige ~ they never expected to make a profit.
They said they have so many Government contracts they felt "obliged" but in fact the reason they have so many other contracts with HM Govt and related bodies is because all the major players in the industry walked away from them. I know we did and at the time we were bigger than Group Four as it was then known.

Three companies (G4, Reliance and Rentokil Initial) were the preferred bidders when the prisons and prisoner transport were put to tender. I personally spent 6 months working on the prisons contract and then recommended to the board that we would suffer bad publicity if we got it. The word came down to quietly withdraw. We did and G4 got the prisons, Reliance got the transport of prisoners. Within two weeks of the takeover of the prisons G4 had their first breakout and a week later Reliance lost a load of prisoners in transit. Meanwhile I transferred to working on MOD contracts and picked up several £millions worth of business that went sweetly and was never any trouble.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 10:53:33 AM »
G4S admitted yesterday that they only bid for the contract for the prestige ~ they never expected to make a profit.
They said they have so many Government contracts they felt "obliged" but in fact the reason they have so many other contracts with HM Govt and related bodies is because all the major players in the industry walked away from them. I know we did and at the time we were bigger than Group Four as it was then known.

Three companies (G4, Reliance and Rentokil Initial) were the preferred bidders when the prisons and prisoner transport were put to tender. I personally spent 6 months working on the prisons contract and then recommended to the board that we would suffer bad publicity if we got it. The word came down to quietly withdraw. We did and G4 got the prisons, Reliance got the transport of prisoners. Within two weeks of the takeover of the prisons G4 had their first breakout and a week later Reliance lost a load of prisoners in transit. Meanwhile I transferred to working on MOD contracts and picked up several £millions worth of business that went sweetly and was never any trouble.

I read on-line somewhere that they'd make Eight Thousand Pounds Profit per security guard!  cussing:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 04:31:03 PM »

I read on-line somewhere that they'd make Eight Thousand Pounds Profit per security guard!  cussing:

noooo:
It doesn't work that way.
Quick (back of envelope calculation):
Wages £8.50 per hour
Plus: 12.5% National Insurance
Plus Cost of Uniform
Plus cost of training
Plus cost of management
Plus cost of holiday/rest day/sickness cover
Plus VAT
Plus taxes

It is very easy to calculate that a guard will only see £8.50 per hour gross and work say 45 hours and arrive at what looks like a hooge profit which is exactly the over simplification that Daily Mail readers like and MPs, Humphrys, Snow and co fall for every time....... but the ancillary charges virtually double that.
Profit margin of 9% is usual in the business...... and that is about 33% of what Sainsburys expect.
The only business model I know of that makes less is the pub trade (unless you are the brewery)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2012, 04:43:51 PM »
It is very easy to calculate that a guard will only see £8.50 per hour gross and work say 45 hours and arrive at what looks like a hooge profit which is exactly the over simplification that Daily Mail readers like and MPs, Humphrys, Snow and co fall for every time....... but the ancillary charges virtually double that.

True.  I always reckoned that to employ peeps permanently, or even temporarily, was going to cost me between 30% to 50% more than they'd receive in wages ... which is why I've only ever subcontracted work out. The potential employees were sadly misinformed or just plain ignorant   shrugs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2012, 09:19:55 PM »
I'm told that this isn't a photoshopped job

Which fine would you prefer - driving in a bus lane, driving in an Olympic lane, or driving without due dare on the wrong side of the road?

LiFe - It's an "F" in lie