Author Topic: Bloody British Gas!!!  (Read 819 times)

grumpyoldsoldier

Bloody British Gas!!!
« on: August 09, 2007, 07:37:39 PM »
Yes I am with them for dual fuel and no I can't get it cheaper elsewhere which may suprise.

Nevertheless I may just bloody move to another supplier after this latest fiasco,

They have a new website where you can access you energy account and do all those fun things like checking you bill etc....

So I pop in using my previous log in details to find only my gas account information available.. no electricty account details showing, so pop off an e-mail to query this..... this was the response....

Thank you for your email regarding viewing your accounts online.

I am sorry that you are unable to view both your gas and electricity accounts online as you did on our old website. Our new website recognises the customer on basis of their Unique Customer Reference Number (UCRN).

I have checked our records and confirm that the gas account is registered and electricity account is not registered. As this is the case you can view only your gas account.

However, to register the electricity account online, please use the UCRN of the electricity account and a unique email address. Our new website does not allow the same email address to register two different profiles. So you have to use an email address other than the one that you have used to register your gas account on our new website.

So I pop back another e-mail with some short anglo saxon words, about the ridiculous situation of having to have two seperate emaill accounts to get the information and informed them that I want to be put back onto having paper bills for both accounts ...

FFS!!! I then get this e-mail...

Thank you for your email asking us to cancel your paperless billing.

I?m sorry for that you?ve to register your electricity account with another email address.

This email is to confirm that we?ve cancel your paperless billing for your gas account, and from now on you will be able to pay, view and amend your bill online whilst still receiving your bills by post.

Of course, you can still enjoy all the other benefits of your online account as before. We?ll email you as usual when your new bill is ready for you to view online.

Also, whilst online, why not take advantage of our free energy efficiency report service. You?ll get an Energy Savers Report personalised to your home, giving some practical ideas on how you could reduce the energy you use. It only takes 5 minutes to complete so get your personalised report by clicking here.

So I have to get myself a new e-mail account to access my electricty account to tell them I don't want it...

Are these people real?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Bloody British Gas!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 07:49:12 PM »
I regret that they are all too real. I deal with https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/store/club.taf?exref=

We do not have gas in this village so I cannot take up any dual fuel deals.

That is the subject of a complaint currently being investigated by Off Watt or Off gen or Offpiss or whichever Off???? deals with such matters ~ another moan altogether

However my supplier as shown above does deal with my telephone ,broadband and electricity. much cheaper that BT as they also do line rental so I've kicked BT into touch altogether. I pay 16.95 per month for unlimited broadband + ?10 a month for the phone line. ALL calls to UK landlines are free no matter what day or time of day so my phone bill is ?10 a month no matter how many calls I make (used to be ?30 with BT) The Leccy is "guaranteed" to be cheaper than any other local supplier.
There is a membership fee of ?1.75 a month.
I've been with them for two years and would not change. They have consistantly worked out the cheapest deal for my needs and if I could access gas then they would cover that too ~ and be even cheaper.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Misunderstood

Re: Bloody British Gas!!!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 04:43:07 PM »
Are these responses computer generated or translated from the original Swahili?

God help us when English finally splutters to a standstill and computers operated by Indians completely take over. We won't even know who we are let alone who is supplying our gas...  noooo:

Just put your bank account out on the net and let everyone just help themselves - much easier.