Author Topic: Spam from other VP'ers  (Read 889 times)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Spam from other VP'ers
« on: August 25, 2012, 07:37:07 AM »
Is anybody else getting these?

I've had two that arrived in my Spam folder in the past week supposedly from two members here giving me a link to click on (I didn't), I've never had any before. The subject heading was "For Just" on both of them  rubschin:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Re: Spam from other VP'ers
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2012, 07:38:19 AM »
I've had 2 friend requests from people haven't got a clue who they are ...but one is a friend from a VP'er on here  eeek:
Skubber

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 07:45:00 AM »
 noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 07:46:41 AM »
. The subject heading was "For Just" on both of them  rubschin:

Couldn't they spell your whole name ?
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2012, 08:44:56 AM »
I have left my Faceache account open in case I need to get into our supposed "secret room" (by invitation only for those who are not in on the secret) ... other than that I have no use for Faceache, I do not like the way they are garnering information as to my whereabouts when I post anything, I do not wish to receive emails from them telling me that XXXXX is now friends with YYYYYY or that (for example purposes only) Mrs TG has posted a new photograph and especially I do not want any communications from them telling me that "Mary would like to be friends with you" ~ If that is the case she can fvcking call me ~ or that "John is friends with Dick, would you like to be friends with them"
I contemplated cancelling the whole bloody thing but then decided to change my "preferences" to say "I do not want any emails from Faceache" and also added them to my banned list so that anything they do send goes straight into junk and is automatically deleted after 7 days.

Thus far it seems to be working  eveilgrin:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2012, 08:56:01 AM »
. The subject heading was "For Just" on both of them  rubschin:

Couldn't they spell your whole name ?

drumroll:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2012, 08:58:43 AM »
Basically, and in a nutshell ^^^^ all what I've been complaining and ranting about on the faceshite thread this last few days, but no bastard has added any comments or observations. ::)

Thouroughly hate the place now. Too complicated, and just when you get used to there eccentric new ideas, they change everthing again. Banghead

Took me a googling last night to discover how you now delete a so called 'friend', as that procedure has changed again too. evil:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 09:06:53 AM »
Sorry if I have repeated what you have been saying on Faceache Growler but since I never read anything on there I had no idea we were in agreement.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 09:30:11 AM »
Sorry if I have repeated what you have been saying on Faceache Growler but since I never read anything on there I had no idea we were in agreement.

Amazing in'it!?
Twice in just ONE week now I think that is!! lol:

It really is one vile place now though, and has caused me no end of grief heartache and trouble...like the other night when I sadly got involved in some sexist banter with one of my 'friends' wimmin friends.
I though it was all hilarious and was taking their retots on the chin and in good humour, but no, they had to compalin and kick off, throwing a strop.
My so called friend then laid into me ffs accusing me of causing trouble! eeek:

In 2 minds as to wheather I should just bin the whole place now, as it's just a can of werms.
Even the ex Mrs G has managed to find me now and requested 'friendship'

Took me 3 piggin years and £££££££'s to get shut of her, so why would I want her back at the click of a rancid shitty mouse ey? Banghead

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 09:52:31 AM »
In total agreement. I hate it! I also hate that has ruined real social interaction, cant have a fukin conversation with anyone face to face anymore cos they are always sitting with their blackberry, updating their profile or accepting a friend request from borris mikfliovowicz or some random stranger.
I agree that if you want to be my friend then call me and buy me a drink. simples.  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2012, 09:57:59 AM »

I've had two that arrived in my Spam folder in the past week supposedly from two members here giving me a link to click on (I didn't), I've never had any before. The subject heading was "For Just" on both of them  rubschin:

Not a problem here as far as I know but I never think to check my SPAM file unless prompted to do so.

I would imagine that they are regarding some sort of penis enlarging pill so not me as I I know that in that department you are fine, not sure that Tipsy or Miss T have seen the pictures though they were circulated a long time ago. noooo:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2012, 09:59:26 AM »
I have left my Faceache account open in case I need to get into our supposed "secret room" (by invitation only for those who are not in on the secret) ... other than that I have no use for Faceache, I do not like the way they are garnering information as to my whereabouts when I post anything, I do not wish to receive emails from them telling me that XXXXX is now friends with YYYYYY or that (for example purposes only) Mrs TG has posted a new photograph and especially I do not want any communications from them telling me that "Mary would like to be friends with you" ~ If that is the case she can fvcking call me ~ or that "John is friends with Dick, would you like to be friends with them"
I contemplated cancelling the whole bloody thing but then decided to change my "preferences" to say "I do not want any emails from Faceache" and also added them to my banned list so that anything they do send goes straight into junk and is automatically deleted after 7 days.

Thus far it seems to be working  eveilgrin:

Can you change the setting that sends spam e-mail to "For Just"  ;)

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2012, 10:00:45 AM »
Basically, and in a nutshell ^^^^ all what I've been complaining and ranting about on the faceshite thread this last few days, but no bastard has added any comments or observations. ::)

Thouroughly hate the place now. Too complicated, and just when you get used to there eccentric new ideas, they change everthing again. Banghead

Took me a googling last night to discover how you now delete a so called 'friend', as that procedure has changed again too. evil:

I'd have commented but you de-friended me ages ago  lol:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2012, 10:01:25 AM »

Not a problem here as far as I know but I never think to check my SPAM file unless prompted to do so.

I would imagine that they are regarding some sort of penis enlarging pill so not me as I I know that in that department you are fine, not sure that Tipsy or Miss T have seen the pictures though they were circulated a long time ago. noooo:

eeek: eeek: eeek:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 10:02:34 AM »

noooo: