Author Topic: Family Outings  (Read 9137 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Family Outings
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2007, 07:30:00 AM »
Went there meself last year. This is how you get in:

On arrival, visitors ascend 180ft (60m) via a remarkable cliff railway - powered entirely by water. You can sit back and take in the magnificent mountain vista before exploring the inspiring array of exhibits.

What could possibly go wrong? ::)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2007, 08:19:39 AM »
Well we are supposed to leave in half an hour, but I am the only one awake. I am letting the others enjoy a lie in. evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Sour Puss

« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2007, 08:24:40 AM »
You will have a wonderful day   whistle:   noooo:  Go wake them up and enjoy the fresh Welsh air. Take a coat..I do mean Fresh!  lol:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2007, 08:29:23 AM »
Went there meself last year. This is how you get in:

On arrival, visitors ascend 180ft (60m) via a remarkable cliff railway - powered entirely by water. You can sit back and take in the magnificent mountain vista before exploring the inspiring array of exhibits.

What could possibly go wrong? ::)
I predict a drought?  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Nick

« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2007, 09:32:24 AM »
Well what an anthropological day out. Talk about tree huggers.

1. White men with dreadlocks (why?)
2. People in funny hats (one home made and shaped like a tadpole (tail up)
3. Tie dye T shirts (do they still make those?)
4. People doing yoga IN PUBLIC!
5. Bald men with plaits
6. Shamans (in this case trying to flog a farm, complete with Pyramid, as a venue for Eco-Toursim IN COLUMBIA!)
7. People playing Didgeridoos
8.Peruvian break dancing ( eeek:)
9. Middle aged lady Guardianistas dancing (they too had plaits)
10. People still selling Che Guevara T shirts
11. Organic vegetarian coffee
12. Dogs on string (apparently leather leads are non-vegetarian. So what's wrong with plastic?)
13. Men in "camouflage" trousers. Why? I could see them quite clearly. I was going to ask one why but he had a ring through his nose, a dog on a string and a funny hat.
14. A man with a waist length beard and a pointy hat "singing". His "audience" consisted of one person who was clearly too scared too leave. The first line of his song was "I am a child of the Universe". Yes, matey, but which one. I left.
5. And why do pensioners choose to declare their radicalism by wearing berets? confused:

We stopped in Wrexham on the way back to eat. Christ on a bike, I have NEVER seen so many tarty girls in one place. And they weren't even wearing coats, despite the rain. And police, police vans, amulances and DJd bouncers everywhere for when the inevitable fighting started. What a dump. noooo:

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 10:18:23 AM by Nick »

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2007, 12:09:28 PM »
Well what an anthropological day out. Talk about tree huggers.

1. White men with dreadlocks (why?)
2. People in funny hats (one home made and shaped like a tadpole (tail up)
3. Tie dye T shirts (do they still make those?)
4. People doing yoga IN PUBLIC!
5. Bald men with plaits
6. Shamans (in this case trying to flog a farm, complete with Pyramid, as a venue for Eco-Toursim IN COLUMBIA!)
7. People playing Didgeridoos
8.Peruvian break dancing ( eeek:)
9. Middle aged lady Guardianistas dancing (they too had plaits)
10. People still selling Che Guevara T shirts
11. Organic vegetarian coffee
12. Dogs on string (apparently leather leads are non-vegetarian. So what's wrong with plastic?)
13. Men in "camouflage" trousers. Why? I could see them quite clearly. I was going to ask one why but he had a ring through his nose, a dog on a string and a funny hat.
14. A man with a waist length beard and a pointy hat "singing". His "audience" consisted of one person who was clearly too scared too leave. The first line of his song was "I am a child of the Universe". Yes, matey, but which one. I left.
5. And why do pensioners choose to declare their radicalism by wearing berets? confused:

We stopped in Wrexham on the way back to eat. Christ on a bike, I have NEVER seen so many tarty girls in one place. And they weren't even wearing coats, despite the rain. And police, police vans, amulances and DJd bouncers everywhere for when the inevitable fighting started. What a dump. noooo:

Are you sure it was supposed to be a tadpole Nick??

And as for the 'Organic Vegetarian Coffee' - isn't all coffee vegetarian? There's no meat involved to my knowledge.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2007, 12:21:47 PM »

I would have thought you "Local" enough to know better.

In conversation with a local bobby I once asked why they didn't do something about the local yoof problems. He replied that most of our problems were not local but as a result of police activity in Rhyl and Prestatyn forcing the yoof to move out to other areas. he asked where I thought they should "Move them onto next" My suggestion of Wrexham was greeted with derisive laughter. "F*** Off" he said "That's where Merseyside move their problems to"
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »
Well Wrexham was a shocker. On balance I may have preferred the tree huggers confused:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2007, 12:34:26 PM »
Wrexham is notoriously bad, and I'm sad to say, a bit of an overflow for scousers. whistle:
Didn't they have some fairly serious riots there last year...IIRC?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »
Well Wrexham was a shocker. On balance I may have preferred the tree huggers confused:

Yes I agree it is a terrible place, 'specially on a Saturday night.
Certainly gives Cardiff, Newport and Swansea a run for the title of "The Worst of Wales".
The only difference I can see is that those three are overrun by the worst of Birmingham and Bristol whereas Wrexham is virtually all escapees from Liverpool.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2007, 02:08:37 PM »
Sounds like Slough - a small Polish/Bosnian reservation just outside Heathrow.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2007, 03:53:50 PM »
Sounds like Slough - a small Polish/Bosnian reservation just outside Heathrow.

But Slough has better neighbours ~~~~~~ But why they built the castle right under the flightpath from Heathrow I'll never understand.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 03:57:40 PM by Snoopy »

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2007, 04:08:09 PM »
To help the pilots - it's a great landmark and nifty for practicing your "bomb alley" flying skills...

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2007, 04:26:39 PM »
 lol: lol:

Misunderstood

« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 01:30:38 AM »

Yes I agree it is a terrible place, 'specially on a Saturday night.
Certainly gives Cardiff, Newport and Swansea a run for the title of "The Worst of Wales".
The only difference I can see is that those three are overrun by the worst of Birmingham and Bristol whereas Wrexham is virtually all escapees from Liverpool.

Don't be daft lad, We export our worst to Bristol, We send the fighters and keep the spewers. They don't pay when they are going sober and forget about the repatriation charge on the way back when smashed. Or don't come back until a brief How-do-you-do with the Magistrates. The necessary scrub-ups from the domestics keep the place spick and span.   I think Swansea just trades problems with Port Talbot on the die.

Birmingham makes a habit of trashing Hereford and Monmouth as they don't want to go too far.