Author Topic: Family Outings  (Read 9140 times)

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Family Outings
« on: August 10, 2007, 12:41:35 PM »
Always a source of anxiety and usually disastrous. YOu may recall our bloodsoaked trip to Conwy a while back and thos American tourists we firghtened.

Mrs Nick has sprung one one me! We are leaving tomorrow morning for a day trip to a remote part of Wales. Our objective? An all day meeting of the Welsh Nicaragua Solidarity Campaign  eeek:

Apparently there will be singing. And Central American snacks. And Welsh people. And the whole thing takes place in the national Tree Huggers Centre at Machynnleth (you try saying it!)

We cannot wait! evil: cussing:

« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 12:43:57 PM by Nick »
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Misunderstood

Re: Family Outings
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 12:50:39 PM »
Apparently there will be singing. And Central American snacks. And Welsh people. And the whole thing takes place in the national Tree Huggers Centre at Machynnleth (you try saying it!)

[/quote]

Machynlleth.

What a nice place.  I used to work there at a field office occasionally.

Mac - hunt - l -eth.

Renown for tree hugging conventions and all others that can't afford a decent venue.
South American countries have thrived there for decades.  I think they try to appeal to the Welsh nationalistic viewpoint of being the poor neighbour.

Offline Nick

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 12:52:05 PM »
I can feel Political Incorrectness sort of welling up inside me evil:
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 01:00:49 PM »
Have you been out at lunchtime to practice Nick?

Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 01:13:44 PM »
Mrs Nick . . .the Welsh Nicaragua Solidarity Campaign 

rubschin: Had you thought to ask if they can demonstrate the old Nicaraguan tradition of "Disappearing" (v) people?
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 01:44:37 PM »

Machynlleth.

Mac - hunt - l -eth.

Renown for tree hugging conventions and all others that can't afford a decent venue.
South American countries have thrived there for decades.  I think they try to appeal to the Welsh nationalistic viewpoint of being the poor neighbour.
[/quote]

Well done Bouncer ~ I was about to offer a phonic pronunciation but you beat me to it. Nick must however remember that the Welsh do not place a stress or emphasis on syllables the way the English do. Thus all syllables are given the same emphasis.
AND that is why Huw Edwards sounds so odd when he reads the news.

Hmm the quote function appears to have errrr..... misfunctioned. The Nick Effect I 'spect.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Online Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2007, 01:54:10 PM »
Our objective? An all day meeting of the Welsh Nicaragua Solidarity Campaign  eeek:

So in other words we can expect to find that Nicaragua has declared war on Wales in the near future then  point:
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2007, 02:20:47 PM »

Machynlleth.

Mac - hunt - l -eth.

[ / quote]

Well done Bouncer ~ I was about to offer a phonic pronunciation but you beat me to it. Nick must however remember that the Welsh do not place a stress or emphasis on syllables the way the English do. Thus all syllables are given the same emphasis.

Hmm the quote function appears to have errrr..... misfunctioned. The Nick Effect I 'spect.

Hasn't malfunctioned you had an extra end quote in.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2007, 02:28:52 PM »

Machynlleth.

Mac - hunt - l -eth.

[ / quote]

shrugs:

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2007, 02:41:07 PM »

Machynlleth.

Mac - hunt - l -eth.

[ / quote]

shrugs:

Actually Bouncer started it with dodgy editing.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2007, 02:46:58 PM »

Machynlleth.

Mac - hunt - l -eth.

[ / quote]

shrugs:

Actually Bouncer started it with dodgy editing.

Bloody Cats!  cussing:

Misunderstood

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2007, 03:50:44 PM »
Our objective? An all day meeting of the Welsh Nicaragua Solidarity Campaign  eeek:

So in other words we can expect to find that Nicaragua has declared war on Wales in the near future then  point:

Summat like that I 'spect.  I am still counting on the the beatni(c)k to intervene...

Oh,  And who is Miss Functioned?

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2007, 03:53:34 PM »

Summat like that I 'spect.  I am still counting on the the beatni(c)k to intervene...

I was quite pleased with that one and no-one laughed.  Banghead

Misunderstood

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2007, 04:09:58 PM »

I was quite pleased with that one and no-one laughed.  Banghead

Aw!   happy100   

Offline Nick

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2007, 05:07:37 PM »
What is this thread about?