Disgusterous

Author Topic: Its the end of the week caption competition  (Read 3102 times)

Misunderstood

Re: Its the end of the week caption competition
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2007, 03:49:26 PM »

The bloke down the pub was quite convincing with all that talk about a future-proofed investment property...  noooo:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 12:30:53 PM »

Well, all I can say is, that whoever photoshopped that one made a basic error.

I'd like to know what is holding up the stern on the port side (that's the rear left if you're non-nautically minded)?

Given that on this type of boat the engine will be in the stern half of the boat, any boat ending up like that would have fallen.

And don't tell me about the bow rope (the one at the front), 'cos there's no way that I can see that rope/know/post combination supporting a 3 - 4 tone boat!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 12:41:11 PM »

Well, all I can say is, that whoever photoshopped that one made a basic error.

I'd like to know what is holding up the stern on the port side (that's the rear left if you're non-nautically minded)?

Given that on this type of boat the engine will be in the stern half of the boat, any boat ending up like that would have fallen.

And don't tell me about the bow rope (the one at the front), 'cos there's no way that I can see that rope/know/post combination supporting a 3 - 4 tone boat!

So no room for a bit of fun then?
Graveyard Humour only for you then.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2007, 07:37:20 PM »
there's no way that I can see that rope/know/post combination supporting a 3 - 4 tone boat!

It only looks like 2-tone to me, or is the top bit (superstructure?) "Navy Blue" and the bottom (keel?) "Midnight Blue"?
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2007, 05:54:47 AM »
there's no way that I can see that rope/know/post combination supporting a 3 - 4 tone boat!

It only looks like 2-tone to me, or is the top bit (superstructure?) "Navy Blue" and the bottom (keel?) "Midnight Blue"?
drumroll:
Pro Skub  Thumbs: