Author Topic: Hillsborough  (Read 3147 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Hillsborough
« on: September 13, 2012, 03:21:44 PM »
I live not far from Hillsborough and pass the memorial to those who died quite frequently, I have no interest in football but it is a sad site nonetheless.

Angela Smith is my local MP, I have met the woman a few times and rightly or wrongly have come to the conclusion that she is not a particularly nice woman but that is by the by.

This was her response to the details that were emerging yesterday afternoon regarding the cover-ups during yesterdays debates in the House of Commons....

"I join those who have paid tribute to the members of the panel, and to the thorough way they have discharged their duties. I also pay tribute to the Prime Minister and the Leader of the Opposition for the dignified manner in which they have led the House in its initial response to the findings in the report. The original inquest took place in the city of Sheffield, and the families of those who died will have bitter memories of the process and the conclusions drawn. I therefore ask the Prime Minister to ensure that if and when a new inquest is authorised, it does not take place in Sheffield. It is absolutely imperative that we minimise the distress to the families involved."

Loosely translated this means piss off and do it in someone else's back yard so that it isn't all raked up here and gets Sheffield a bad name.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Hillsborough
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 03:27:40 PM »
Indeed. Shameful.  noooo:

Also shameful IMHO that the PM apologised on behalf of the country...? Fuck off, it was nothing to do with me and you have no right to apologise on my behalf.

Those responsible for the outrageous cover up should apologise and be held to account for their actions in a curt of law.

The saddest thing is that the Ian Tomlinson case shows that nothing has changed to this day - the police are still a law unto themselves...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 04:58:21 PM »
I dunno why Cameron and the others in Parliament don't just apologise to everyone for everything.
One big festival of sorrow and get it over with.
Then everyone in the whole world can feel both aggrieved and mollified at the same time.
We could turn Scotland into a gigantic mournerama which would attract tourists from all over and bring in loadsa cash to pay our debts with and get the whole thing out of the way for good and all.

Like BM I had nothing to do with Hillsborough, I have never traded in slaves, I have not knowingly been unkind to Muslims, Africans, Indians, Pakistanis, Australians or any other nation, religion, colour or creed.
Fvck! If it makes them happy I'll even say sorry for taking the piss out of folk from Yorkshire (apart from Michael Parkinson obviously)

Nah ~ Bollix to it all ... I'll just feel sorry for myself ~ After all the best thing about self pity is that at least you know it's being done properly.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 05:04:10 PM »
 :thumbsup:

I wish the Gummant would apologise to me for being serial fuckwits  cussing:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 07:33:04 PM »
Indeed. Shameful.  noooo:

Also shameful IMHO that the PM apologised on behalf of the country...? Fuck off, it was nothing to do with me and you have no right to apologise on my behalf.

Those responsible for the outrageous cover up should apologise and be held to account for their actions in a curt of law.

The saddest thing is that the Ian Tomlinson case shows that nothing has changed to this day - the police are still a law unto themselves...

Absolutely! They should start at the top, and work their way down prosecuting every single one of them.

I'm not so sure nothing has changed, I'm sure it's got far worse IMHO
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 07:53:09 PM »
Did they /do they have some other bad news to announce...that may slip under the radar,,... rubschin:

Offline Nick

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 08:05:07 PM »
IS it just possible that the Liverpool fans were pissed as well? Do I have to go and apologise to Liverpoool now?
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 08:24:58 PM »
My mate was in the British Transport Police and had to accompany 'football fans' on the train to and from matches. He has always said that it was well known that between 3 & 4,000 scallys always turned up at away matches without tickets.

The rozzers had no other option than to let them into the match in order to keep an eye on them, rather than have to get a shed load of extra coppers to stop them roaming around the town they were visiting and causing havoc. He was not at Hillsborough that day but put 2 & 2 together and came up with the asumption that the usual practice probably went on......His view has always been that "The true fans, who paid for tickets, were killed as a result of the normal bunch of waistrels turning up as they always did week in week out and getting in for free. Then an unfortunate set of circumstances occurred (Liverpool hitting the bar after 2 minutes just as they were allowing them into the ground). If they were true fans they would have already been in the stadium before the match started and not waiting to be let in for nothing and thus creating the crush".

Possibly he is wrong??

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »
How do you get 100 Liverpool supporters in the back of a Mini?

Get the Police to open the doors...........

redface:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 09:41:13 PM »
I don’t blame the police; their actions were consistent with the situation of the day and the culture surrounding football that developed in the 1980s.

I went to matches regularly in the 70s and 80s, some ‘fans’ were violent and acted like animals. Consequently the police treated all of us like animals. I’ve been ‘herded’ by the police and I resented it. I’ve was once caught in a crush and feared for my life. I’ve even turned up for games after too many pints pre-match. So it’s no surprise to me that disaster would eventually happen.

Hillsborough was that disaster, no one person or group was to blame, it was an accident, but one caused by ingrained attitudes of the time.

However, that said, the police cover up is unforgivable and for that someone should be punished.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2012, 05:59:46 AM »
Totally agree with the views of Nick ( eeek:), Baldy and Uncle....

On balance some of the fans prolly were pissed and at least partially to blame for the disaster...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20012421

Good to see that thuggery is still alive and kicking or rather alive and punching.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »

Good to see that thuggery is still alive and kicking or rather alive and punching.

Leeds VS Sheffield Wednesday. Leeds Fan Hits Chris Kirkland 19.10.2012

So no one thought to stop and hold this vermin  until the rozzers finished  licking the jam off their fingers? ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 09:43:31 AM »

This bit pissed me off....

Owls boss Dave Jones called for Leeds fans to be banned from away grounds.

So every single fan is to be punished for the actions of this thug...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 11:10:08 AM »
yorkshire innit  ;)
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie