Author Topic: Is it Nick? Or Global Warming/Climate Change?  (Read 1065 times)

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
Is it Nick? Or Global Warming/Climate Change?
« on: August 10, 2007, 05:09:16 PM »
I notice that wonderful gem of the North West, Manchester, was nearly razed to the ground earlier today. This article refers.

Now, knowing that CataclysNick lives roughly in that part of the country, one cannot help but wonder what the hell he's been up to today. Especially in the light of the thread about testing gadgets!

Or was it just a particularly strong curry someone had in the Koh-I-Noor Tandoori last night?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
Re: Is it Nick? Or Global Warming/Climate Change?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 05:12:51 PM »
I notice that wonderful gem of the North West, Manchester, was nearly razed to the ground earlier today. This article refers.

Now, knowing that CataclysNick lives roughly in that part of the country, one cannot help but wonder what the hell he's been up to today. Especially in the light of the thread about testing gadgets!

Or was it just a particularly strong curry someone had in the Koh-I-Noor Tandoori last night?

Wasn't he in Manchester yesterday?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 05:17:21 PM »

So, you think he may have started some sort of 'chain reaction' which culminated in today's little disaster (as I'm sure it'll be referred to)?
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 05:22:00 PM »

So, you think he may have started some sort of 'chain reaction' which culminated in today's little disaster (as I'm sure it'll be referred to)?

Cause and effect is all I'm saying.
After all every action must have an equal and opposite reaction must it not?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 06:19:58 PM »
I reckon it was something he was up to in Canada. After all...

If a butterfly beats its wings in Brazil, will it set off a tornado in Texas? as mathematician and meteorologist Edward Lorenz asked.

Safest to assume guilt  ;)
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 08:08:26 PM »
I am listening you know evil:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile