Author Topic: Jimmy Saville:Why now?  (Read 91818 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Jimmy Saville:Why now?
« Reply #75 on: October 12, 2012, 04:18:29 PM »
I heard a solicitor mention the word "compensation" at lunchtime. Let the floodgates open.  ::)

What? Regarding this whole farce and firestorm fiasco? eeek:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #76 on: October 12, 2012, 04:24:14 PM »
Must make myself clear here, before anyone jumps to the wrong conclusions.
I'm NOT defending JS for what he's ALLEDGED to have done.
 We've all had our suspicions, but I think it's absolutely intolerable and an utter disgrace the way all this has come out now after the guy has snuffed it ,and is therefore going to find it quite difficult to defend himself.
 Accusations daily, and judgement now completed without a shred of hard evidence, just heresay, guilty verdict announced, convicted and 'slaughtered.

So much for a fair and reasonable hearing and trial ey? Shrugs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #77 on: October 12, 2012, 04:44:07 PM »
JS was an intelligent man, a member of Mensa incidentally. I reckon he played the charity / fund raiser card deliberately as a firewall.

Just found this quote about Savile from Jerry Sadowitz in 1988:
“That’s why he does all the charity work.. to gain public sympathy for when his case comes up”.

Shocked:

Funnily enough, I was listening to it last night. You can hear it here
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2012, 04:56:22 PM »
Look I agree with Growler on this .... It has turned from a perfectly acceptable report of people coming forward and asking to have their side of the story  listened to by the "Authorities" and at least they have now proved their case to those who didn't believe them at the time. The sheer numbers make it obvious that JS was up to no good whilst also doing good for some causes. Personally I always found the guy creepy but that is neither here nor there.

The problem now is with, once again, the British Media and the new British obsession with apologising for everything. Alistair Campbell makes it plain in his diaries his utter contempt for the bulk of the British media and it was he who coined the word "Wankfest" to describe how they carry on building up a story even without real evidence. He also tells how he advised Tony Blair not to pander to the media, not to apologise for every sin since Eve bit the apple and above all to fight the media every step of the way. Advice that Blair chose to ignore..... The end result being the Campbell gave up and left him.

Of course M'Learned Friends are getting in on the act ~ they are better at smelling money than my dog is at sniffing out food.  censored:

As for the so called journalists who are now saying "Well we heard the stories for years" and are now coming out as experts ~ all interviewing one another.  ::)

Why the fvck should anyone at the head of the BBC be apologising? .... He wasn't there, he knew nothing about it. The man was still in school when this was going on, he was born in 1962. It simply ain't his fault. By all means have a proper investigation, name who knew what and let them say "Sorry" and if they can be proven to have been complicit in illegal activity bang 'em up for a few years.

Actually I don't give a fat rat's arse about any more "coming forward" with their sorry story. Don't tell the newspapers, don't tell the BBC. Tell the police.

As for the media ~ Like many other bad things in the past it's over ... move on.
Now is the time to shut up about it, leave the thing alone and let the police and other authorities deal with it. Time to ask more questions is if they fail to so do.

I hope that I don't upset anyone by saying I feel exactly the same about "Bloody Sunday", Hillsborough and many other such tragedies. All are being dealt with and none of them are my fault, none had anything to do with Tony Blair, The Head of the BBC or me so stop saying how sorry we are, get the legalities underway and let the law take its course.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #79 on: October 13, 2012, 04:43:36 AM »
Well said Snoopy!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2012, 07:10:38 AM »
And according to the BBC News on "Today" the great John Peel was in on it ..... it is alleged that he got a 15yo pregnant. How many more dead personalities are going to be outed when they cannot defend themselves?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2012, 07:59:24 AM »
Look I agree with Growler on this .... It has turned from a perfectly acceptable report of people coming forward and asking to have their side of the story  listened to by the "Authorities" and at least they have now proved their case to those who didn't believe them at the time. The sheer numbers make it obvious that JS was up to no good whilst also doing good for some causes. Personally I always found the guy creepy but that is neither here nor there.

The problem now is with, once again, the British Media and the new British obsession with apologising for everything. Alistair Campbell makes it plain in his diaries his utter contempt for the bulk of the British media and it was he who coined the word "Wankfest" to describe how they carry on building up a story even without real evidence. He also tells how he advised Tony Blair not to pander to the media, not to apologise for every sin since Eve bit the apple and above all to fight the media every step of the way. Advice that Blair chose to ignore..... The end result being the Campbell gave up and left him.

Of course M'Learned Friends are getting in on the act ~ they are better at smelling money than my dog is at sniffing out food.  censored:

As for the so called journalists who are now saying "Well we heard the stories for years" and are now coming out as experts ~ all interviewing one another.  ::)

Why the fvck should anyone at the head of the BBC be apologising? .... He wasn't there, he knew nothing about it. The man was still in school when this was going on, he was born in 1962. It simply ain't his fault. By all means have a proper investigation, name who knew what and let them say "Sorry" and if they can be proven to have been complicit in illegal activity bang 'em up for a few years.

Actually I don't give a fat rat's arse about any more "coming forward" with their sorry story. Don't tell the newspapers, don't tell the BBC. Tell the police.

As for the media ~ Like many other bad things in the past it's over ... move on.
Now is the time to shut up about it, leave the thing alone and let the police and other authorities deal with it. Time to ask more questions is if they fail to so do.

I hope that I don't upset anyone by saying I feel exactly the same about "Bloody Sunday", Hillsborough and many other such tragedies. All are being dealt with and none of them are my fault, none had anything to do with Tony Blair, The Head of the BBC or me so stop saying how sorry we are, get the legalities underway and let the law take its course.

Doesn't upset me on iota, as I'm heartily sick to the back teeth hearing about it now tbqh, and I'm a LFC fan.
Dreadful stuff, but come on.
 Finish off the enquiry, prosecute those that have knowingly and can be proved to have been negligent, and then let's close the friggin' book once and for all and move on ey? Banghead
Not going to bring of them back, the same as we're not going to get JS back (which he would RIGHTLY be allowed to do if he was still here) to answer questions and defend himself in a court of law IF the evidence had been overwhelming at the time, rather than the tittle tattle and hearsay that we're being bombarded and spoon fed with by the media now.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 08:26:25 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2012, 09:41:02 AM »
Well said Growler and Snoopy - with you 1000% on this one!

Bloody meeja and the inevitable "me too" hangers on.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #83 on: October 13, 2012, 10:47:12 AM »
How many more dead personalities are going to be outed when they cannot defend themselves?

That Josef Mengele got pretty rough treatment in the press without the chance to defend himself in court as well.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #84 on: October 13, 2012, 10:58:47 AM »
 lol:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #85 on: October 13, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »
JS was an intelligent man, a member of Mensa incidentally. I reckon he played the charity / fund raiser card deliberately as a firewall.

Just found this quote about Savile from Jerry Sadowitz in 1988:
“That’s why he does all the charity work.. to gain public sympathy for when his case comes up”.

Shocked:

Jerry Sadowitz - genius. Did you ever see "The Pall Bearer's Revue" with him?  Totally offensive, sick and outrageous. I loved it  :thumbsup:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #86 on: October 13, 2012, 10:49:18 PM »
I see the real reason for all the "victims" coming forward is in the open - looky here!
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2012, 09:26:45 AM »
The Legislation is here now, its what has killed off a lot of kids clubs, once again the debate is for an event in history that can't be changed ... the man is dead.  As a young female I was well aware of the 'dirty old man' syndrone, nothing specific was ever said but you knew which bloke to avoid.
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2012, 09:34:03 AM »
The Legislation is here now, its what has killed off a lot of kids clubs, once again the debate is for an event in history that can't be changed ... the man is dead.  As a young female I was well aware of the 'dirty old man' syndrome, nothing specific was ever said but you knew which bloke to avoid.

Nick...?  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2012, 09:39:49 AM »
I see the real reason for all the "victims" coming forward is in the open - looky here!

Stunned! eeek:

What a bloody shock! eeek:

They could be in it for the money then? eeek:
Well knock me bloody down. ::)

Angry9:

Think I raised me suspicions on this just a few days ago somewhere on this thread. Banghead

If successful, who'll actually be paying for this via the BBC and NHS I wonder? rubschin: ::) Angry9:
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 09:42:55 AM by GROWLER »