Author Topic: Killing own kids  (Read 495 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Killing own kids
« on: October 01, 2012, 08:36:24 PM »
Is it just a new media trend to report ..............because today another father killed his children before taking his own life .........this seems to be a weekly thing now in the Uk ........

noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Killing own kids
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 09:39:14 PM »
Just read the news report on it, and without jumping to conclusions it appears on the face of it to possibly be yet another case of, if I can't have my kids full time, you're not having them either.

Tragic awful and downright selfish if that IS the case.

RIP kids.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 09:54:09 PM »
I seem to read about this situation nearly every week now ......... noooo: noooo:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 06:39:36 AM »
Is it just a new media trend to report ..............because today another father killed his children before taking his own life .........this seems to be a weekly thing now in the Uk ........

noooo:
Awful.  noooo:

I often get the uncomfortable feeling that the detailed, on the spot, media coverage of these and other such tragic events, can trigger the nutters to do similar things.
It even crossed my mind that the growing obsession with fame and celebrity might add to the problem by ensuring them a brief spell in the spotlight.

I despair sometimes.
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2012, 07:26:27 AM »

noooo:
Awful.  noooo:

I often get the uncomfortable feeling that the detailed, on the spot, media coverage of these and other such tragic events, can trigger the nutters to do similar things.
It even crossed my mind that the growing obsession with fame and celebrity might add to the problem by ensuring them a brief spell in the spotlight.
I despair sometimes.

Good point well made....sadly.

Just about sums up the state of this selfish greedy X factor rated cess pit of a turd festering country and 80% of its rancid half witted inhabitants now.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 04:17:31 AM »

noooo:
Awful.  noooo:

I despair sometimes.

I fear that you may be right Darwin.  I was lucky I had one that left me with two children under the age of three to be with his pregnant mistress. That then went a bit wrong, I would not have him back, despite his telephone calls saying that unless I did he would kill himself, one surreal call was from the mistress saying that she loved him but I should have him back because she thought that he might kill himself.   Shrugs: Shrugs:

Whilst all this was going on I had moved from the outskirts of London to Northamptonshire, started a new life , secured a mortgage in my name, a good job etc. he had the children for one or two weekends, decided that the commute from Uxbridge to Northampton was too far, that he didn't actually want to kill himself he just didn't want to pay maintenance for his children so he buggered off to the wilds of Scotland. The unfortunate thing is that he didn't kill himself.

No I don't mean that really, it was all a long time ago, dramatic and painful at the time but it all ended OK and it could have been a different story.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd