Author Topic: Mobby batteries  (Read 5260 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Mobby batteries
« on: October 07, 2012, 12:32:08 PM »
The Mrs Olwd Mooses 'phone battery appears to be knackered.
She needs her 'phone to werk urgently, but where the hell can you buy a new battery IN A SHOP?

Millions online, but she needs a replacement today, and is consequently giving me ear ache. Banghead

Bloody useless o2 shop don't sell batteries, you know, the sort of stuff you might need urgently, but if you want some of the other random non urgent crap, well yes, no problem.

'ELP!

Checked PC Werld and Dixons, but seemingly no chance.
Suggestions gratefully received before me 'ed bersts having to endure her ranting.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 12:34:05 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Mobby batteries
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2012, 12:34:12 PM »
She needs her 'phone to werk urgently, but where the hell can you buy a new battery IN A SHOP?

Millions online, but she needs a replacement today, and is consequently giving me ear ache. Banghead

Bloody useless o2 shop don't sell batteries, you know, the sort of stuff you might need urgently, but if you want some of the other random non urgent crap, well yes, no problem.

'ELP!

Checkes PC Werld and Dixons, but seemingly no chance.
Suggestions gratefully received before me 'ed bersts having to endure her ranting.

I know a good battery shop!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2012, 12:44:35 PM »

'ELP!

Indeed...one that doesn't actually sell batteries. Most excellent ey? whistle:

Just as a matter of interest, what did they actually sell in there?

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2012, 01:09:53 PM »
Most of the phone shops do them, not just O2. Also, the larger towns around here always seem to have stalls selling wares and they usually include a "mobie" stall. Any of those handy to you?
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 01:19:14 PM »
Carphone Warehouse do sell batteries but there is such a wide range that you're lucky if they stock the one you need. You could buy her a sim free cheapo and fit her sim card into it ~ that should keep her the same number. Carphone Warehouse would be happy to talk you through the options.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »

'ELP!

Indeed...one that doesn't actually sell batteries. Most excellent ey? whistle:

Just as a matter of interest, what did they actually sell in there?

They'd be closed today anyways....  evil:

They did have batteries - fowzands of them... just not car batteries... seems a strange omission to me... fer a battery shop like....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 02:33:55 PM »
Growler to the rescue  angel1...not that I'll be thought any more for me efforts like.  ::)

The Mrs Owld Moose insisted that the local market would be closed, but I checked on line, and it was open. Finger: TOMM
Like a wumman version of Nick she is. Friggin' knows it all, but actually knows sweet FA. Banghead

Anyways, sorted for £7.

Offline Nick

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 02:39:19 PM »
 sad32:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2012, 03:02:05 PM »
Anyway, all this cofuffle got me thinking. rubschin:

TMOM was hollering about 'what if', meaning, what if it's the 'phone that's goosed, and NOT the battery?
All her stored data is in the 'phones memory apparently, NOT the SIM card as i thought.

So, how do you back up 'phone stored data, like piccies and diary/numbers/addys etc, 'cus if the 'phone IS bolloxed. presumably you've lost the lot? Shrugs:

I thought SIM cards held most of the memory tbh, but I bow to TMOM's superior knowledge and obvious intelligence...intelligence meaning she found me attractive once upon a time, and married me. :thumbsup: whistle:

Offline Nick

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2012, 03:06:00 PM »
She should have gone to Specsavers  :thumbsup:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2012, 03:12:08 PM »

TMOM was hollering about 'what if', meaning, what if it's the 'phone that's goosed, and NOT the battery?
All her stored data is in the 'phones memory apparently, NOT the SIM card as i thought.

So, how do you back up 'phone stored data, like piccies and diary/numbers/addys etc, 'cus if the 'phone IS bolloxed. presumably you've lost the lot? Shrugs:

I thought SIM cards held most of the memory tbh, but I bow to TMOM's superior knowledge and obvious intelligence...intelligence meaning she found me attractive once upon a time, and married me. :thumbsup: whistle:

Has it got a seperate memory card like ............ rubschin:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2012, 03:32:52 PM »

Has it got a seperate memory card like ............ rubschin:

Dunno, but don't think so, no. Shrugs:

Just a SIM card

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2012, 03:33:29 PM »
Mobile phones are weird ~ My Top Tip is FIND THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT CAME WITH IT.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2012, 03:35:13 PM »
Just been talking to me next door neighbour...he's a bit like Nick, but he actually DOES know stuff. :thumbsup:

He reckons there will be some application on it to load essential info apart from piccies straight onto the SIM card.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2012, 03:37:10 PM »
Mobile phones are weird ~ My Top Tip is FIND THE INSTRUCTIONS THAT CAME WITH IT.

She can't even find her car and house  keys that she unlocked and came into the house with 4 days ago!  happy001

evil:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 03:38:50 PM by GROWLER »