Disgusterous

Author Topic: Bounced c/q  (Read 1299 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Bounced c/q
« on: October 10, 2012, 12:59:35 PM »
Can't believe I've gone for nearly 18 years and it's finally happened. cussing:

BASTARDS!

What a pain in the arse this is going to be now I suspect. Banghead

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Bounced c/q
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 01:13:28 PM »

BASTARDS!

Oh poor you...  noooo:

Do you think they will ever be able to pay?

How much was it?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 01:27:39 PM »
I get this from time to time with advertisers in the Village Magazine ~ generally at least once a year.

Procedure is always the same.
(i) I ring them and politely suggest that there may have been some mistake and their cheque has bounced, would they please pay either cash or issue a cheque that will not be returned
OF COURSE THEY HAVE EVERY EXCUSE UNDER THE SUN BUT NEVER PAY
SO I MOVE TO
(ii) A formal letter asking for payment within 14 days and also pointing out that it is a criminal offence to present someone with a cheque that the cheque writer knows will bounce and I may contact the police.
THIS SELDOM PRODUCES ANY REPLY
SO ON TO
(iii)  Another letter saying that if payment is not received within a further 14 days I will seek a County Court Judgement which will incur additional costs to them and send it registered mail so that I have proof that they have been told. The court demands that it is done this way and will ask to see this as part of your evidence ...... along with all invoices issued etc.
ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NORMALLY IGNORED
SO ON TO
(iv) I trot to the local magistrates court or go on line and see what it will cost me to (a) get a CCJ against them and (b) What it will cost to enforce it when they still don't pay.

At that point I normally give up as the costs to me (in terms of cash and time) are generally too great to make it worthwhile. So I stop printing their advert and write the money off.

B@st@rds Indeed!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 01:28:47 PM »

BASTARDS!

Oh poor you...  noooo:

Do you think they will ever be able to pay?

How much was it?

£180 snotters, but it's not so much the amount, but the merry go 'round that I'm probably going to encounter. evil:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 01:32:10 PM »
Try options (i) (ii) and (iii) above then write it off ~ you can probably write it off on your tax returns if you can demonstrate that you tried legally to get the money back but the run around you'll get for £180 is not worth taking it further.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 01:42:37 PM »
PS ~ Whatever you do ~ Don't fall for the old "Oh I'm so sorry, I've changed my bank account, send me the bounced cheque and I'll send you one on the new account" trick.

That is a frequently tried ruse by those who make a habit of not paying their bills.

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 02:57:25 PM »
Also try this one..

When you go to register the CCJ you can also pay a bit extra for it to be delivered by the bailiff. The chap turns up and has to say something down the lines of "Good afternoon, could I please speak to Mr/Mrs......." The secretary/owner of the business themself or their sprog that first speaks to them in person (determined upon whether they work from home or in an office based business) always asks "who are you?".

The bailiff then replys " I am the sheriff of the court of....... and I have been asked to deliver this notice of non-payment to Mr/Mrs ......"

This usually results in the people shitting themselves. Then between the employees or the sprogs rumours begin to start, which puts another nail in the coffin for the bastard that owes you munny. If it is aktuwaly that person themself that gets the bailiff talking to them.....the normal answer is he/she is not here at the moment. Anyway, the initial contact has to sign for the paperwork....the general approach from this point is that they do their best to stop the court action and pay up quite quickly. What bullshit they come up with to defend the necessity of a chap from the court turning up at the door to their spouse/sprog or office staff is no longer your problem.  eveilgrin:

Give it a try, it werked 100% for me.  :thumbsup:

Offline Pirate

• Senior Moment
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 03:16:31 PM »
Also try this one..

When you go to register the CCJ you can also pay a bit extra for it to be delivered by the bailiff. The chap turns up and has to say something down the lines of "Good afternoon, could I please speak to Mr/Mrs......." The secretary/owner of the business themself or their sprog that first speaks to them in person (determined upon whether they work from home or in an office based business) always asks "who are you?".

The bailiff then replys " I am the sheriff of the court of....... and I have been asked to deliver this notice of non-payment to Mr/Mrs ......"

This usually results in the people shitting themselves. Then between the employees or the sprogs rumours begin to start, which puts another nail in the coffin for the bastard that owes you munny. If it is aktuwaly that person themself that gets the bailiff talking to them.....the normal answer is he/she is not here at the moment. Anyway, the initial contact has to sign for the paperwork....the general approach from this point is that they do their best to stop the court action and pay up quite quickly. What bullshit they come up with to defend the necessity of a chap from the court turning up at the door to their spouse/sprog or office staff is no longer your problem.  eveilgrin:

How much did you owe...?

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2012, 03:19:22 PM »
Also try this one..

How much did you owe...?

Nowt you daft rozza!

That is how I know how it werks, I did the bastards that owed me.  cussing:

Offline Nick

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2012, 03:19:45 PM »
Pirate  Shocked:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline The Big Boy

• Wet behind the ears
  • I make people do bad things
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2012, 03:21:10 PM »
I could have a word, like
Blame me. Everyone else does

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »
I could have a word, like

Are you one of his 'pretty boys on the books who get favours'? Them coppers are all bent like.  whistle:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 06:35:11 PM »
Went in to see the offending company today.
I adopted a nice warm friendly caring concerned approach. cloud9:

Came out 15 minutes later witha BACS remittance advice firmly clasped in me warm furry paw. :thumbsup:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »

Came out 15 minutes later witha BACS remittance advice firmly clasped in me warm furry paw. :thumbsup:

happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 06:48:58 PM »

happ096

See my 'Peoples Skill's thread for further info. lol:

A few years ago, I'd have gone in there with all guns blazing  cussing:....and come out with nowt but high blood pressure and another berst bladder. whistle: