Disgusterous

Author Topic: Bounced c/q  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
Re: Bounced c/q
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2012, 07:29:21 PM »
Also try this one..

When you go to register the CCJ you can also pay a bit extra for it to be delivered by the bailiff. The chap turns up and has to say something down the lines of "Good afternoon, could I please speak to Mr/Mrs......." The secretary/owner of the business themself or their sprog that first speaks to them in person (determined upon whether they work from home or in an office based business) always asks "who are you?".

The bailiff then replys " I am the sheriff of the court of....... and I have been asked to deliver this notice of non-payment to Mr/Mrs ......"

This usually results in the people shitting themselves. Then between the employees or the sprogs rumours begin to start, which puts another nail in the coffin for the bastard that owes you munny. If it is aktuwaly that person themself that gets the bailiff talking to them.....the normal answer is he/she is not here at the moment. Anyway, the initial contact has to sign for the paperwork....the general approach from this point is that they do their best to stop the court action and pay up quite quickly. What bullshit they come up with to defend the necessity of a chap from the court turning up at the door to their spouse/sprog or office staff is no longer your problem.  eveilgrin:

Give it a try, it werked 100% for me.  :thumbsup:

My previous husband was not a nice chap, a control freak and bully to name but a couple of things and yes I was stupid to believe the shite I was fed time and time again but I did. Stoopidly I wanted to believe it would be OK however it ended and I had to move in with my mother and begin a new life, it was at this point that I realised that ex had borrowed money forged signature defaulted on bills he had been juggling things for years without my knowledge.  Bailiffs would rock up at my mothers house, she was 76 at the time and demand payments and try and bully her.  I was amazed by her stoicism, belief and support.  The letters I received were bullying to say the least.  I was appalled by a system about which until then I knew nothing but now know a lot.

Good for you Growler for mellowing just a tad.  Snoops is correct there is a balance when it comes to debts.

There is an 'old local' family locally who own some property and a small business or two. When they encounter debtors they erect a sign prominent and high in the town on a property they own.... Sarah and Brian xxxxx owe us, xxxxxx £ 500 in back rent/unpaid bills.

Seems to work for them.

I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2012, 10:18:08 PM »
In Cyprus you do not need cheque cards , but if you bounce 3 cheques they will black list you ,        no more bank accounts ........ :thumbsup:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 08:39:21 AM »
In Cyprus you do not need cheque cards , but if you bounce 3 cheques they will black list you ,        no more bank accounts ........ :thumbsup:

When you ever get back to the UK you will find that there is no such thing as a cheque guarantee card any more.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2012, 08:46:34 AM »

When you ever get back to the UK you will find that there is no such thing as a cheque guarantee card any more.

Wot  rubschin:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2012, 08:46:49 AM »

IIRC they never actually did 'guarantee payment' if the cheque provider was on an unauthorised o/d? rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2012, 08:49:48 AM »

Wot  rubschin:

Wot I said ~ "Cheque cards" now say "Cannot be used to guarantee a cheque" so their only use is to access money via an ATM or use as a debit card.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:53 AM »

Wot  rubschin:

Wot I said ~ "Cheque cards" now say "Cannot be used to guarantee a cheque" so their only use is to access money via an ATM or use as a debit card.

Here shops/traders take cheques you just put your phone number on the back ................a supermarket near me cashs the workers cheques after they buy their shopping (cash the difference)......

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2012, 09:00:56 AM »

Wot  rubschin:

Which if it's the Halifax, is either empty or broken...sorry,please try later Banghead