Author Topic: Hey BM, fancy starting a VP air force?  (Read 5052 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Hey BM, fancy starting a VP air force?
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2021, 11:34:52 AM »
Awesome looking beast though isn't it

Indeed! I'm not sure the grass runways at White Waltham would have lasted very long (or been long enough) though!  lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2021, 11:02:38 PM »
How about something a little easier to get parts for? It's even partially disassembled so you can pretend it's a giant Airfix model  rubschin:

https://www.controlleremea.co.uk/listing/for-sale/204887917/chance-vought-f8u-1e-crusader-turbine-military-aircraft
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2021, 02:08:28 PM »
How about something a little easier to get parts for? It's even partially disassembled so you can pretend it's a giant Airfix model  rubschin:

https://www.controlleremea.co.uk/listing/for-sale/204887917/chance-vought-f8u-1e-crusader-turbine-military-aircraft

Niiiice....  cloud9:

If I had (literally) endless cash I'd want something British tho...  rubschin:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2021, 03:00:35 PM »
Which one?

I can't fly anything more than a desk but if I could and had aforesaid bottomless cash then as classic age UK jets go, the Buccaneer or Sea Vixen for me

And an F104 for anyone that's ever trolled me on t'interweb  eveilgrin:
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2021, 04:04:46 PM »
Which one?

I can't fly anything more than a desk but if I could and had aforesaid bottomless cash then as classic age UK jets go, the Buccaneer or Sea Vixen for me

And an F104 for anyone that's ever trolled me on t'interweb  eveilgrin:

Oh... Assuming endless cash...  rubschin:

Blackburn Buccaneer or English Electric Lightning or a Harrier...

Harrier would be my first choice (is this some kind of Secret Santa thing...?  rubschin:) but I think I'd have least chance of ever being able to fly it...

A Hawk would be quite acceptable and you don't have to gift wrap it...  Thumbs:

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2021, 06:08:50 PM »
The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2021, 07:39:33 PM »
Harrier:  'the world's most efficient machine for turning kerosene into noise"     (c Gordon England)
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2021, 11:10:09 PM »
It's an aside and arguably in the wrong thread but I've just finished Harrier 809 by Roland White. It's the story of how they turned the Atlantic Conveyor into a harrier carrier for the Falklands War and their exploits on station. Even more boys own stuff and well worth getting if you enjoyed Vulcan 607.  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2021, 05:48:47 AM »
It's an aside and arguably in the wrong thread but I've just finished Harrier 809 by Roland White. It's the story of how they turned the Atlantic Conveyor into a harrier carrier for the Falklands War and their exploits on station. Even more boys own stuff and well worth getting if you enjoyed Vulcan 607.  Thumbs:

Cool!  Thumbs:

In return I'd recommend Sea Harrier Over The Falklands by 'Sharky' Ward... He has an interesting take on the Vulcan raid too...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2021, 12:08:01 PM »

Cool!  Thumbs:

In return I'd recommend Sea Harrier Over The Falklands by 'Sharky' Ward... He has an interesting take on the Vulcan raid too...

Got that and Her Majesty's Top Gun: And the Decline of the Royal Navy also by him in my Audible wishlist. Just have a long backlog of books I've picked up on there at the moment so I'm pacing out any more purchases.  redface:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2021, 02:11:58 PM »
BM get your cheque book out ..!!!

"In just a few weeks, Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) will be auctioning off a long list of aircraft…inc a Boeing 707 for 2500 dollars ... rubschin:

Thumbs:   think all the dosh you could save on LL's flights ...

"The list of aircraft types is long and diverse, ranging from the Ukrainian An-24 to the classic 737-200. There’s even a 707-300! All of these aircraft have some seriously, seriously, low starting bid prices. Let’s see what you could get for less than the price of a beat-up used car." ......
« Last Edit: November 13, 2021, 02:14:12 PM by apc2010 »

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2021, 03:10:31 PM »

"In just a few weeks, Kenya Airports Authority (KAA) will be auctioning off a long list of aircraft…inc a Boeing 707 for 2500 dollars ... rubschin:

"The list of aircraft types is long and diverse, ranging from the Ukrainian An-24 to the classic 737-200. There’s even a 707-300! All of these aircraft have some seriously, seriously, low starting bid prices. Let’s see what you could get for less than the price of a beat-up used car." ......

Some more detail for you

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/109246-kenya-set-to-auction-off-73-derelict-aircraft

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2021, 03:42:27 PM »

Some more detail for you

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/109246-kenya-set-to-auction-off-73-derelict-aircraft

I'd have the BN-2 Islander...  cloud9:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2021, 03:44:57 PM »

Some more detail for you

I'd have the BN-2 Islander...  cloud9:

LL can be a Trolley-Dolly " ........ Thumbs: