Author Topic: One of those days  (Read 757 times)

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
One of those days
« on: August 11, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
It shouldn't have been. I spent half yesterday clearing and cleaning a room in readiness for the decorator this morning as planned. Except that he didn't show; he didn't even answer his mobile. Why not do it yourself? Well, for the price he's charging including materials, and getting up to the high ceiling... He's worth it. Except he isn't, because he isn't here evil:

I'm online and decide to buy a tune so fill in the registration details and put the tune in the basket (what's that about, then  confused:) and proceed to the checkout only to be told that they can't sell that tune outside of the USA  evil:

A website I need to access for information has gone down...  evil:

Oh well, go and do the shopping then. In itself no problem but there and back, two near miss accidents  eeek: eeek:

No.1  A car undertakes me in excess of the speed limit, in the bus lane, as we approach a junction and I'm indicating a left turn  evil:

No.2  On the way back at same junction, now I'm indicating right, two bikers overtake within inches  evil: evil:

I should be typing this on the kitchen floor with the fridge door open and something long cold and alcoholic to hand.

I think I'll do that next; I mean what could go wrong  evil: confused:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: One of those days
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 06:35:03 AM »
It shouldn't have been. I spent half yesterday clearing and cleaning a room in readiness for the decorator this morning as planned. Except that he didn't show; he didn't even answer his mobile. Why not do it yourself? Well, for the price he's charging including materials, and getting up to the high ceiling... He's worth it. Except he isn't, because he isn't here evil:

I'm online and decide to buy a tune so fill in the registration details and put the tune in the basket (what's that about, then  confused:) and proceed to the checkout only to be told that they can't sell that tune outside of the USA  evil:

A website I need to access for information has gone down...  evil:

Oh well, go and do the shopping then. In itself no problem but there and back, two near miss accidents  eeek: eeek:

No.1  A car undertakes me in excess of the speed limit, in the bus lane, as we approach a junction and I'm indicating a left turn  evil:

No.2  On the way back at same junction, now I'm indicating right, two bikers overtake within inches  evil: evil:

I should be typing this on the kitchen floor with the fridge door open and something long cold and alcoholic to hand.

I think I'll do that next; I mean what could go wrong  evil: confused:
Well, I hope the fridge didn?t fall on you and you are going to have a better week ? forget the decorating and spend it in here instead!  happy088
Pro Skub  Thumbs: