Author Topic: Wrong letters sent to your address  (Read 822 times)

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
Wrong letters sent to your address
« on: December 07, 2012, 07:32:06 AM »
Last night when I got home there was 3 letters sent  from 2 mobile phone companies to my house for a Mrs Zak Todd.

Never heard of her !  Both letters advertised the fact that her pay as you go sim card was included in the envelope.

I tried to contact both of the mobile phone companies to inform them this person did not live at this address.

This seems like an impossible task. The stock answer is that as the SIM cards are free to order there is nothing they can do. I wanted them to cancel the number and not have my address associated with it as I don't wish for leaflets, letters , promotional stuff being sent to me. Apparently I can't do this.
I nearly gave some idiot muppet both barrels he was soooooo feckin rude.

Customer complaint letters will be being sent today !
Skubber

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
Re: Wrong letters sent to your address
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 07:53:05 AM »
A woman called Zak?  rubschin:

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 08:10:20 AM »
Exactly ...it all seems wrong !!!!
Skubber

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 08:11:57 AM »
Three weeks ago my GP wrote to the local hospital asking for a scan on my ongoing back problems, with particular attention to both kidneys and bladder as he suspects the cancer may be back and may even have spread to the kidneys.
Yesterday I got a letter from the hospital enclosing the usual "What will happen when you attend" leaflet. They were inviting MR Snoopy to present himself for a FEMALE PELVIC ULTRASOUND SCAN and cautioned that it may also be necessary for me to undergo  TRANSVAGINAL EXAMINATION.  eeek:

I called and introduced myself as the recipient of their correctly addressed letter and asked where they expected to find my FEMALE PELVIC area and for that matter how they planned to carry out the TRANSVAGINAL EXAMINATION. 

No WHOOPS! No Sorry! Not even a giggle.  noooo:  Just a blunt "That must be what your Doctor requested".

Like Miss D I then lost it completely and told the idiot that I may seem like a cunt and may even act like one but I certainly don't have one. I went on to add that I was present when the GP had written the letter requesting a scan on Bladder and Kidneys as well as lower spine area.

They are sending a revised letter.  evil:

Seems all wrong to me too!!!!!!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 08:15:38 AM »
Oh Snoops huge hug for you hound. happy100 happy100 xx
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 08:21:25 AM »
Exactly ...it all seems wrong !!!!

Zakly!  ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 10:20:59 AM »
We had a Blackberry phone thing delivered from Orange. Wrong name, right address, wrong (unrecognised) landline number.
I called Orange and explained it was nothing to do with us, they said they would collect it. Nothing happened, called again each month for 3 months, nothing happened.
About 6 months later, daughter #2 had an immersion incident with her Blackberry, so I gave the Orange one to her. She's still using it.

The world is full of idiots who don't care.  noooo:

Snoopy, I would have just turned up for the appointment to see what they did.
There is a good chance they would just wheel you round to the right place and jump the queue.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 12:59:00 PM »
We had a Blackberry phone thing delivered from Orange. Wrong name, right address, wrong (unrecognised) landline number.
I called Orange and explained it was nothing to do with us, they said they would collect it. Nothing happened, called again each month for 3 months, nothing happened.
About 6 months later, daughter #2 had an immersion incident with her Blackberry, so I gave the Orange one to her. She's still using it.

The world is full of idiots who don't care.  noooo:

Snoopy, I would have just turned up for the appointment to see what they did.
There is a good chance they would just wheel you round to the right place and jump the queue.

:thumbsup: Well done on the Blackberry!

As for the appointment they have given me the same time/date etc but the instructions will be the right ones!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 01:18:52 PM »
Last night when I got home there was 3 letters sent  from 2 mobile phone companies to my house for a Mrs Zak Todd.

Never heard of her !  Both letters advertised the fact that her pay as you go sim card was included in the envelope.

I tried to contact both of the mobile phone companies to inform them this person did not live at this address.

This seems like an impossible task. The stock answer is that as the SIM cards are free to order there is nothing they can do. I wanted them to cancel the number and not have my address associated with it as I don't wish for leaflets, letters , promotional stuff being sent to me. Apparently I can't do this.
I nearly gave some idiot muppet both barrels he was soooooo feckin rude.

Customer complaint letters will be being sent today !

Be careful all these type of phones are normally used for "different " types of work .......have you got a communal area for post ?   

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 01:19:44 PM »
Nope just my house .

Not the Brat's scam either I have checked  lol:
Skubber

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 08:30:40 AM »
Yesterday I had a Screwfix catalogue delivered that Mrs Zak Todd had ordered apparently  rubschin:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 08:37:11 AM by Miss Demeanour »
Skubber

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 08:36:15 AM »
Yesterday I had a Srewfix catalogue delivered that Mrs Zak Todd had ordered apparently  rubschin:

Shouldn't that be Shrewfix?
I mostly despair

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 11:34:05 AM »
Yesterday I had a Screwfix catalogue delivered that Mrs Zak Todd had ordered apparently  rubschin:

It is not a dating catalouge you know...... whistle: