Disgusterous

Author Topic: Stack overflow at line 0  (Read 2106 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Stack overflow at line 0
« on: January 22, 2013, 11:36:22 AM »
"Message from web page", as per thread title.

Seeing this more and more these days, especially in here and on Autotrader.

What's it mean? confused:
Can't proceed until i click 'ok', then proceeds normally.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
Re: Stack overflow at line 0
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2013, 12:14:42 PM »

I suspect the valve feeding your stack may be stuck open.

Give it a clout.  :thumbsup:
I mostly despair

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2013, 12:25:45 PM »

I suspect the valve feeding your stack may be stuck open.

Give it a clout.  :thumbsup:

Mmmmmmmmm  rubschin:

'Ammer should be beckoning you reckon? crash:

Anna's log possibly frozen even?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 12:27:32 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2013, 12:31:03 PM »
It is a common error message when using Explorer .... Basically it refers to a Java Script error on the site(s) you are visiting.

Not one I see as I use Firefox.

Perhaps, since it is associated with using Explorer, you could change your browser to Chrome or Firefox. That may cure the problem.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2013, 12:43:54 PM »
It is a common error message when using Explorer .... Basically it refers to a Java Script error on the site(s) you are visiting.

Perhaps, since it is associated with using Explorer, you could change your browser to Chrome or Firefox. That may cure the problem.

It's not a major problem,more of a mild annoyance, and as  I stated, I just have to click on the lickle message, and it goes, enabling me to continue normally.

Particulary bad and annoying on Autotrader though, but as the Autotrader rep who I bumped into recently stated, "our web site IS utter shite."

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2013, 04:00:07 PM »

It's not a major problem,more of a mild annoyance, and as  I stated, I just have to click on the lickle message, and it goes, enabling me to continue normally.

Particulary bad and annoying on Autotrader though, but as the Autotrader rep who I bumped into recently stated, "our web site IS utter shite."

Like Snoopy says.... move to Firefox or Chrome...

I use Firefox on me PC and Chrome on me tablet.... never have stack overflow issues....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »

I use Firefox on me PC and Chrome on me tablet.... never have stack overflow issues....

What are they anyway like? confused:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »

What are they anyway like? confused:

It is sort of a temporary storage area for data... You should never be aware of its existence...

In technical terms...

In computer science, a stack is a particular kind of abstract data type or collection in which the principal (or only) operations on the collection are the addition of an entity to the collection, known as push, and removal of an entity, known as pop. The relation between the push and pop operations is such that the stack is a Last-In-First-Out (LIFO) data structure. In a LIFO data structure, the last element added to the structure must be the first one to be removed. This is equivalent to the requirement that, considered as a linear data structure, or more abstractly a sequential collection, the push and pop operations occur only at one end of the structure, referred to as the top of the stack. Often a peek or top operation is also implemented, returning the value of the top element without removing it.

A stack may be implemented to have a bounded capacity. If the stack is full and does not contain enough space to accept an entity to be pushed, the stack is then considered to be in an overflow state. The pop operation removes an item from the top of the stack. A pop either reveals previously concealed items or results in an empty stack, but if the stack is empty then it goes into underflow state (It means no items are present in stack to be removed).

A stack is a restricted data structure, because only a small number of operations are performed on it. The nature of the pop and push operations also means that stack elements have a natural order. Elements are removed from the stack in the reverse order to the order of their addition: therefore, the lower elements are those that have been on the stack the longest.

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2013, 09:59:06 PM »
Couldn't have put it better myself  :thumbsup:
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.