Author Topic: People who say "going forward"  (Read 4261 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: People who say "going forward"
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2013, 06:07:31 PM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2013, 09:21:26 PM »
I think you need to hit the ground running, keep your eye on the ball, and make sure that you are singing off the same hymn sheet.

At the end of the day it is not a level playing field and the goal posts may move; if they do, someone else may have to pick it up and run with it.

You must therefore have a golf bag of options hot-to-trot from the word 'go'. It is your train set but we cannot afford to leave it on the back burner; you've got a lot of irons in the fire, right now.

You will need to un-stick a few potential poo traps but it all depends on the flash-to-bang time and fudge factor allowed. Things may end up slipping to the left and, if they do, you will need to run a tight ship.

You shouldn't want to re-invent the wheel but you must get right down in the weeds on this one. If push comes to shove, you may have to up stumps and then you'll be in a whole new ball game.

I suggest you test the water with a few warmers in the bank. If HQ can produce the goods then you are cooking with gas. If not, then you are in a world of hurt. You don't want to die in a ditch over it but you could easily end up in a flat spin if people start getting twitchy.

To that end, you need to get round the bazaars and make sure the movers and shakers are on-side from day one. If you can hit him with your shopping list he can take it to the head honchos and start the ball rolling.

If it goes pear-shaped, it is no good throwing your toys out of the pram or your teddy in the corner. Instead you may have to fine-tune it in order to do a re-gain. You'll be hung out to dry if it becomes a show-stopper.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and I think you have backed a winner, here. So get your feet in to his in-tray and give him chapter and verse as to how you see things panning out.

As long as your ducks are in a row I think the ball will stay in play and you can come up smelling of roses. You need to nail your colours very firmly to the mast and look at the big picture.

You've got to march to the beat of the drum. You are on a sticky wicket. You'll need to play with a straight bat and watch out for low balls.

You don't want to rock the boat or teach anyone to suck eggs. You must keep this very firmly in your sight picture or it could fall between the cracks. You don't want to be seen to be re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic but if the cap fits, wear it.

At the end of the day, it's like a big game of Space Invaders; the aliens are getting closer and if you don't zap them it'll be game over for the lot of you.

There are a number of wolves close to the sledge, and alligators close to the canoe, which need to be shot. As you are aware, it's a bit like punching a cloud, round here. The heads of shed often play fast and loose, so it's standby to repel boarders, I'm afraid.

Right! Unless anyone wants to flag-up any bullet points I'll be in my office. My door is always open and I'm as flexible as a palm tree in a hurricane. The ball is in your court; don't let the wheel come off. If it unravels, your arse is grass, I'm a lawn-mower, then it's 'Good night, Vienna
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2013, 09:32:19 PM »
I think you need to hit the ground running, keep your eye on the ball, and make sure that you are singing off the same hymn sheet.

At the end of the day it is not a level playing field and the goal posts may move; if they do, someone else may have to pick it up and run with it.

You must therefore have a golf bag of options hot-to-trot from the word 'go'. It is your train set but we cannot afford to leave it on the back burner; you've got a lot of irons in the fire, right now.

You will need to un-stick a few potential poo traps but it all depends on the flash-to-bang time and fudge factor allowed. Things may end up slipping to the left and, if they do, you will need to run a tight ship.

You shouldn't want to re-invent the wheel but you must get right down in the weeds on this one. If push comes to shove, you may have to up stumps and then you'll be in a whole new ball game.

I suggest you test the water with a few warmers in the bank. If HQ can produce the goods then you are cooking with gas. If not, then you are in a world of hurt. You don't want to die in a ditch over it but you could easily end up in a flat spin if people start getting twitchy.

To that end, you need to get round the bazaars and make sure the movers and shakers are on-side from day one. If you can hit him with your shopping list he can take it to the head honchos and start the ball rolling.

If it goes pear-shaped, it is no good throwing your toys out of the pram or your teddy in the corner. Instead you may have to fine-tune it in order to do a re-gain. You'll be hung out to dry if it becomes a show-stopper.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and I think you have backed a winner, here. So get your feet in to his in-tray and give him chapter and verse as to how you see things panning out.

As long as your ducks are in a row I think the ball will stay in play and you can come up smelling of roses. You need to nail your colours very firmly to the mast and look at the big picture.

You've got to march to the beat of the drum. You are on a sticky wicket. You'll need to play with a straight bat and watch out for low balls.

You don't want to rock the boat or teach anyone to suck eggs. You must keep this very firmly in your sight picture or it could fall between the cracks. You don't want to be seen to be re-arranging the deck chairs on the Titanic but if the cap fits, wear it.

At the end of the day, it's like a big game of Space Invaders; the aliens are getting closer and if you don't zap them it'll be game over for the lot of you.

There are a number of wolves close to the sledge, and alligators close to the canoe, which need to be shot. As you are aware, it's a bit like punching a cloud, round here. The heads of shed often play fast and loose, so it's standby to repel boarders, I'm afraid.

Right! Unless anyone wants to flag-up any bullet points I'll be in my office. My door is always open and I'm as flexible as a palm tree in a hurricane. The ball is in your court; don't let the wheel come off. If it unravels, your arse is grass, I'm a lawn-mower, then it's 'Good night, Vienna
worthy: worthy: worthy: worthy:

Anybody trying to beat that lot is stuck between a rock and a hard place.
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2013, 07:27:58 AM »
^^^Wot he said^^^ I'm not even going to try to beat that.  I think that this thread should be closed.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2013, 07:47:46 AM »
 lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2013, 09:46:43 AM »
^^^Wot he said^^^ I'm not even going to try to beat that.  I think that this thread should be closed.

At the end of the day, you are probably on-message and we should put this to bed now.
I mostly despair

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2013, 11:47:42 AM »
Umm possibly but if we push our dates out by a week couldn't we start going forward?
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2013, 11:54:10 AM »

Now that is giving it 101%
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »
I thought this thread was all finished - but it appears to be an ongoing situation....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 12:03:45 PM »
I say we should to see if the spaghetti sticks to the wall... That should give us enough wriggle room  rubschin:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 12:06:48 PM »
I say we should to see if the spaghetti sticks to the wall... That should give us enough wriggle room  rubschin:

Good old Pastis, I knew we could rely on him to step up to the plate.
I mostly despair

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 12:08:07 PM »
So no need as yet for an exit strategy?
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 12:09:55 PM »
So no need as yet for an exit strategy?

No, we are still on a roll and all the beans are in a row.
I mostly despair

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 12:32:37 PM »
Agreed.  Perhaps we should take a different tack, sail a bit closer to the wind. We really need to get out of the harbour with this one and into the deep blue ... that's where the big fish are. Messing about in the shallows is for small fry.

Oh, and I hope everyone's onboard!
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #44 on: February 18, 2013, 10:15:17 AM »
I think it's probably safe to say, we're all "au fait" with that as a consensus. Time to be going forward I think . . . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!