Disgusterous

Author Topic: In what year did?  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
In what year did?
« on: February 04, 2013, 08:38:41 AM »
Blankets become 'throws'?

Scented candles become a must?

Real men come out of the closet and admit to liking quiche?

I lose my marbles?

What other changes I have missed?
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: In what year did?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:44:46 AM »

I lose my marbles?

You know the war is over don't you...? happy100
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Al

• Wet behind the ears
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:53:01 AM »
Nowt wrong with quiche - eggs, bacon, cheese, mushrooms....

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 09:02:02 AM »

Yes there is. It's disgustourous vile donkey food, and being a MAN  eveilgrin: you should be ashamed of yerself. evil:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 09:34:08 AM »

I lose my marbles?

I can help you out with a couple of the answers if it helps.  Thumbs:

Blankets became throws early on the morning of 8th February 1991.
Albert Derpson of 42 Union Avenue, Bedville, Oklahoma awoke to find that he was late for work. This was due to his wife having uncontrollable sexual urges the night before. Albert, trying to be the loving husband, managed to relieve her of her desires but the unfortunate situation of expending an unusual amount of energy meant that he missed the early wake up call of the cockrel in his back yard. In a sudden panic he jumped out of bed throwing his side of the blanket over to his wife's side of the bed. From that point on the blanket became known as a 'throw'.

Scented candles became a must in most dwellings in the evening of 10th October 1998.
Mrs Edna Higginbottom of 14 Back Street, St Albans, Herts was together with her husband Harold in their living room watching Emmerdale. Harold, originating from Yorkshire, was known to be somewhat miserly with his money and had told Edna to turn the lights off in order to conserve electricity. "There is enough light from the telly you old bint" was his usual saying. Edna, who was optically challenged, encountered some difficulty in finding the second half of her lard sandwich she had knocked on the floor on the way back from turning out the lights. Being too frightened of Harold becoming agitated should she turn on the lights Edna decided to rummage through the sideboard where she had put some candles from the 'blackouts' during the second world war. The candles had been placed next to some parlma violets that Harold had bought Edna for their wedding day, "They should stop your gob from smelling shite when I have to kiss you at the altar" Harold had barked on the morning of their special day. Because of the close proximity of the candles to the palma violets, the candles had infused some of the scent of the aforementioned sweets. When Edna lit the candles they gave off a different aroma than simple paraffin wax. Not only did Edna find her sandwich, but the 'scented candle' managed to quash the smell emitting from Harold. Edna had an 'eureka moment' and thought there could be a worldwide market for her accidental find. After setting up her 'factory' in one of their spare coal bunkers she started production, unfortunately Edna forgot to patent the idea and very quickly other producers 'jumped on the band wagon' and poor Edna did not benefit from her invention as much as she deserved. However, should you come across one of Edna's original scented candles, they are currently selling on Ebay for up to Fifty Eight pence (Sterling), you can identify them due to the inscription of ........ "Get rid of your husband's farty smells and thank Edna Higginbottom".

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 09:40:54 AM »

I lose my marbles?

I can help you out with a couple of the answers if it helps.  Thumbs:

Blankets became throws early on the morning of 8th February 1991.
Albert Derpson of 42 Union Avenue, Bedville, Oklahoma awoke to find that he was late for work. This was due to his wife having uncontrollable sexual urges the night before. Albert, trying to be the loving husband, managed to relieve her of her desires but the unfortunate situation of expending an unusual amount of energy meant that he missed the early wake up call of the cockrel in his back yard. In a sudden panic he jumped out of bed throwing his side of the blanket over to his wife's side of the bed. From that point on the blanket became known as a 'throw'.

Scented candles became a must in most dwellings in the evening of 10th October 1998.
Mrs Edna Higginbottom of 14 Back Street, St Albans, Herts was together with her husband Harold in their living room watching Emmerdale. Harold, originating from Yorkshire, was known to be somewhat miserly with his money and had told Edna to turn the lights off in order to conserve electricity. "There is enough light from the telly you old bint" was his usual saying. Edna, who was optically challenged, encountered some difficulty in finding the second half of her lard sandwich she had knocked on the floor on the way back from turning out the lights. Being too frightened of Harold becoming agitated should she turn on the lights Edna decided to rummage through the sideboard where she had put some candles from the 'blackouts' during the second world war. The candles had been placed next to some parlma violets that Harold had bought Edna for their wedding day, "They should stop your gob from smelling shite when I have to kiss you at the altar" Harold had barked on the morning of their special day. Because of the close proximity of the candles to the palma violets, the candles had infused some of the scent of the aforementioned sweets. When Edna lit the candles they gave off a different aroma than simple paraffin wax. Not only did Edna find her sandwich, but the 'scented candle' managed to quash the smell emitting from Harold. Edna had an 'eureka moment' and thought there could be a worldwide market for her accidental find. After setting up her 'factory' in one of their spare coal bunkers she started production, unfortunately Edna forgot to patent the idea and very quickly other producers 'jumped on the band wagon' and poor Edna did not benefit from her invention as much as she deserved. However, should you come across one of Edna's original scented candles, they are currently selling on Ebay for up to Fifty Eight pence (Sterling), you can identify them due to the inscription of ........ "Get rid of your husband's farty smells and thank Edna Higginbottom".

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 04:26:32 PM »
 lol: lol: Thanks for that Baldy. :thumbsup:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 04:36:53 PM »

Agreed.  Although it was bacon 'n' egg flan when I were a lad.
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 04:38:32 PM »

And me... I even cooked it in 'Cookery' at skool.....  redface:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 04:44:13 PM »
When I was at skool cookery wasn't a subject, it was an object ...

And object we often did   ;)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 04:54:21 PM »

I always forgot to being me ingredients....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 05:02:34 PM »

I always forgot to being me ingredients....  noooo:

eeek:   What part of you were you including in the recipe?   Actually, don't answer that ...   noooo:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 05:49:59 PM »

rubschin:
When I was at school, 'Cookery classes' were all about how to explain what was needed to Mrs Bridges.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 06:05:35 PM »

rubschin:
When I was at school, 'Cookery classes' were all about how to explain what was needed to Mrs Bridges.

Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2013, 06:35:00 PM »
lol: lol: Thanks for that Baldy. :thumbsup:

Thumbs: No problem, I found out about it all on wankeypedia.  :thumbsup: