Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 5194 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Retirement
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2013, 10:02:33 PM »
not at all Miss C. It was excellent.  Thumbs:

Indeed.

Quite, no, very actually,  inspiring it was, and gave me food for thought....bit late mind. ::)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2013, 10:04:18 PM »
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=203280383144662" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I will prolly get slated for posting this but hey why not. I haven't had a good slating for ages.
Not working (pun?)

Video Unavailable
This video has either been removed from Facebook or is not visible due to privacy settings
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2013, 10:10:10 PM »
^^^ he's not wrong either you know. confused:

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #63 on: February 26, 2013, 05:27:23 AM »
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #64 on: February 26, 2013, 07:15:36 AM »
I don't see myself ever really retiring. I live in the middle of what I have always loved doing and can wander about poking my nose into it as much or as little as I want.

Sudden stops seem very bad news from what I have seen.

Wot Darwin said  :thumbsup:  Unlike Darwin, I have managers, but still enjoy the same freedoms

... and sudden stops are definitely bad news in my experience both retirement and job-wise  noooo:
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #65 on: February 26, 2013, 09:02:02 AM »

Indeed.

Quite, no, very actually,  inspiring it was, and gave me food for thought....bit late mind. ::)

Thank you. I sort of posted it for you Growler. It had me in tears and I posted it on my youngest daughters wall, she is a bit lost a the moment.

She currently lives with her father and his wife.  They pushed her into Uni which was doomed from the start, so she dropped out feeling a failure.  Her father and step mother are damaging her beyond belief and I can't do a damned thing about it.  cussing:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #66 on: February 26, 2013, 10:09:39 AM »

Indeed.

Thank you. I sort of posted it for you Growler. It had me in tears and I posted it on my youngest daughters wall, she is a bit lost a the moment.

She currently lives with her father and his wife.  They pushed her into Uni which was doomed from the start, so she dropped out feeling a failure.  Her father and step mother are damaging her beyond belief and I can't do a damned thing about it.  cussing:

Awwwwwwww, awwwwwwwwww  sad24:
That is SSSSSSSSSSSSSO sweet MC....please excuse me. sad24:

No, soz, I'll have to come back after I've composed meself like, as I'm all fillded up now. sad32:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2013, 12:00:09 AM »

Indeed.

I left Uni after my first year. Well I came to Cyprus for the summer and never went back. I was pushed into it also. I never got the chance to really consider what course (at uni and in life) I wanted to take so settled for what Ma n Pa wanted, left, and have felt I let them down ever since.
 Had I been given the time to make my own choices things may have ended differently. However, I'm glad they didn't.

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2013, 06:07:54 AM »

Indeed.

I left Uni after my first year. Well I came to Cyprus for the summer and never went back. I was pushed into it also. I never got the chance to really consider what course (at uni and in life) I wanted to take so settled for what Ma n Pa wanted, left, and have felt I let them down ever since.
 Had I been given the time to make my own choices things may have ended differently. However, I'm glad they didn't.

Good for you too!

There are plenty that have ploughed through university courses with very little to show for it after....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2013, 09:01:38 AM »
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:03:25 AM by GROWLER »

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2013, 09:39:13 AM »

Indeed.

Good for you too!

There are plenty that have ploughed through university courses with very little to show for it after....

^^^Wot he said Miss T^^^

Good for you.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2013, 09:42:05 AM »

It did me no harm.  redface:
I mostly despair

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2013, 11:34:08 AM »

You probably did a useful degree that has served you well in your career. Have you seen the amount of pointless, stupid courses on offer now?

Online Nick

« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2013, 11:58:14 AM »
 redface:
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2013, 12:21:39 PM »

You probably did a useful degree that has served you well in your career. Have you seen the amount of pointless, stupid courses on offer now?

Yes I have, and it is no wonder society is failing to produce people who know which way is up.  noooo:

I like the idea of a "career" by the way.   ;)
I mostly despair