Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 5233 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Retirement
« on: February 25, 2013, 02:31:13 PM »
Almost feels as though Iam at present due to the horrendous lack of werk.  Banghead Banghead Banghead

Tell you though, even IF I could afford not to werk, I just cannot EVER see me sitting back, reading my bank statements, doing a bit of gardening, leaning on the fence with me flat cap nattering to the neighbours, going down the P.O. for me pension every week, day trips to The Asda and B and great big bastard long Q, lah dee dah dee diddly dum dum.

Highlight of the week, down the oap club for 'luncheon' follwed by crown green bowling and a sherry! ::)
PISS OFF! NO BASTARD CHANCE! Angry9:

Or worrabout joining the local 'Ramblers Association' then p'raps?
 3 mile gentle downhill walk for those with terminal bunyon prioblems and a migrane, led by ex Colnel Doasyerfuckin'toldyounastylittleman. cussing:

Christ on a bastard bike, what a bloody way to exist ey? eeek:

May as well just bring that bastard BIG black bus RIGHT now, RIGHT NOW and let me get on the whoreing thing if it ever comes to THAT!^^^ Banghead
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:34:09 PM by GROWLER »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Retirement
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 02:37:28 PM »
Going piggin' senile. eeek:

Should have posted this in the Saloon bar too, as it's a valid and most enthusiastic gripe snarl and grumble.! cussing:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2013, 02:40:52 PM »
Oh noes ..........I like not working .........I always find something to do..........as I had said before twice in my life did not work (through choice)  and never bored .....

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 02:44:53 PM »
Oh noes ..........I like not working .........I always find something to do..........as I had said before twice in my life did not work (through choice)  and never bored .....

Well I am, so p'raps that's just me then? Shrugs:

I can't stand doing nowt. Absolutey frustrates me beyond belief.
I'm an exceedingly restless owld Bear, and I need adventure and excitement in me life, not mundane every day shite wot everyone else seems to enjoy doing for some inexplicable reason. evil:

Soz like, as i know many of you DO enjoy it, but I can't even stand going down the ale 'ouse.
So friggin' BORING! Banghead

Quiz nights perhaps? :thumbsup:

NO! sick2:
Stick 'em right up yer rigget! Angry9:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:47:57 PM by GROWLER »

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 02:51:05 PM »

I'm an exceedingly restless owld Bear, and I need adventure and excitement in me life, not mundane every day shite wot everyone else seems to enjoy doing for some inexplicable reason. evil:

Soz like, as i know many of you DO enjoy it, but I can't even stand going down the ale 'ouse.

NO! sick2:

Oh noes the ale house can be fun with the right characters ..............the last time out with the Smug club (minus BM AGAIN)  came home laughing so much my face ached ....

Plus reading n walking.............in fairness here coz of the weather there is more to do...

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »
Show you how 'busy ' / bored I am. whistle:

Even managed to get me inbox of unread emails down from 78 to 24!! Shocked:

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2013, 02:51:55 PM »

Not just you Growler - I think a very high percentage of blokes are the same. Especially when you hear of those who croak it 6 months into retirement. Boredom is te biggest killer if you've spent your life "busy"  noooo:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 02:55:40 PM »

NO! sick2:

Oh noes the ale house can be fun with the right characters ..............the last time out with the Smug club (minus BM AGAIN)  came home laughing so much my face ached ....

Plus reading n walking.............in fairness here coz of the weather there is more to do...

Well at least you've got frens to go the ale 'ouse with.

IF and when i go, it's usually on me own, 'cus i ain't got any frens anymore.
The only one I had has turned into a fuckin' 'pipe and slippers' merchant, wanting to sit at home all the time now, snoring in front of the tv whilst holding hands with his DARLING wife....FFS!!! Banghead
Come the summer though, he'll really push the bastard boat out, and polish his friggin' hoe and shuvel, and measure out the green contrasting lines on his bastard lawn. Shocked:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 03:00:33 PM »
I think it depends on your outlook and interests ...........If you just sit in front of the gogglebox and wait for the grim reaper ...........But in Paphos there are over 10,000 retired ex-pats and not all are alkis.......all seems pretty happy ....(although most are tossers).....

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 03:03:17 PM »

Not just you Growler - I think a very high percentage of blokes are the same. Especially when you hear of those who croak it 6 months into retirement. Boredom is te biggest killer if you've spent your life "busy"  noooo:

NEVER a truer werd spoken.

I personally know several cases that fit that criteria VERY sadly.

Work ALL your bastard life, then croak it after a few weeks.

Pitiful and heartbreakingly sad.

I think this must be ferreting away in the back of me mind tbh.
I'd rather be deded than bored rigid, but I'd MUCH rather be out and about snufflin' and exploring, meeting sheeples here there and everywhere, grunting growling ansd snarling at evrythink that crosses me path like. evil:

Some folk tell me I'll give meself an 'eart attack with all me consatnt ranting and raving on me soap box, but i tell 'em NO, actually all this release of pent up frustration acts like a release valve, otherwise you just get SSSSSSSSSo stressed out, yu ticker explodes! :thumbsup:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 03:08:59 PM »
I think it depends on your outlook and interests ...........If you just sit in front of the gogglebox and wait for the grim reaper ...........But in Paphos there are over 10,000 retired ex-pats and not all are alkis.......all seems pretty happy ....(although most are tossers).....

How though? rubschin:

What do they ACTUALLY do, apart from cause ques everybastardwhere?  Shrugs:

I meet some of these friggin' fossils in The Asda, standing it lickle huddles, with false laffin' and chortles, ramblin on and on and on, for hours and hours on end about the luuuuuvlee 3 month break they've just had soaking up the winter sunshine in Tenabastardrife...and yeh, you withered owld TERRRRWAT, your skin shows it, like the arse of a well tanned aged hippo. sick2:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:10:32 PM by GROWLER »

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 03:13:31 PM »

How though? rubschin:

What do they ACTUALLY do, apart from cause ques everybastardwhere?  Shrugs:

I meet some of these friggin' fossils in The Asda, standing it lickle huddles, with false laffin' and chortles, ramblin on and on and on, for hours and hours on end about the luuuuuvlee 3 month break they've just had soaking up the winter sunshine in Tenabastardrife...and yeh, you withered owld nice person, your skin shows it, like the arse of a well tanned hippo. sick2:

All types of stuff from crafts, gardening, restoring old motors .....most of them avoid the sunbathing type thing ...........yeah some spend all their life in the boozers but each to their own....

Most the ones I know are more active than me......(awaits BM )........

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2013, 03:19:41 PM »
Anyhoo when you retire ..........you n Nick should get a motorhome and tour europe ... :thumbsup:  would make good TV ,,,,,,,,,,,,

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2013, 03:32:25 PM »
It all depends on your interests. My mam and Dad moved over here a few years ago. Sold up in UK and rented a lovely bungalow in the village. I have never seen my Dad happier. He spent the days fishing off the rocks in the bay, swimming, ,snorkling, building fences at the donkey sanctuary, helping look after all the animals at the charity rescue place, a few beers with me when the footie/rugby was on, landscaping a gorgeous garden,, built me my aviary etc. He had a few stress related illnesses in the past which cleared up, he never looked healthier.
  My mam, however was bored stupid cos the only thing that interests her is shopping and because they were no longer working, they had to mind the pennies.

Now they are back in England, my Mum went back to work, my dad had to get a crappy job and is now miserable.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2013, 03:40:38 PM »
It all depends on your interests. My mam and Dad moved over here a few years ago. Sold up in UK and rented a lovely bungalow in the village. I have never seen my Dad happier. He spent the days fishing off the rocks in the bay, swimming, ,snorkling, building fences at the donkey sanctuary, helping look after all the animals at the charity rescue place, a few beers with me when the footie/rugby was on, landscaping a gorgeous garden,, built me my aviary etc. He had a few stress related illnesses in the past which cleared up, he never looked healthier.
  My mam, however was bored stupid cos the only thing that interests her is shopping and because they were no longer working, they had to mind the pennies.

Now they are back in England, my Mum went back to work, my dad had to get a crappy job and is now miserable.

Horses for courses ey/

All a fine balancing act that has to seemingly be tailored to ones own preferences. rubschin:

Dunno wtf I'm going to do.
Loads and loads I could do IF I had the dosh like. ::)

You'd never see me in here, as I'd be out in the wilderness's exploring the unknown andd visiting me furry frens well up north.. cloud9:

Meanwhiles., I need to werk to help me realise my ambitions to go the places i need to go