Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 5232 times)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: Retirement
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2013, 03:42:13 PM »
I retired ten years ago - I love every single day of it....  cloud9:

I wonder how I ever found time to do stuff when I was werking....  rubschin:

Of course there are downsides - like when a couple of mongs turn up, drink all yer booze and smash your house up - but apart from that...  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2013, 03:43:24 PM »
I retired ten years ago - I love every single day of it....  cloud9:

I wonder how I ever found time to do stuff when I was werking....  rubschin:

Of course there are downsides - like when a couple of mongs turn up, drink all yer booze and smash your house up - but apart from that...  Thumbs:

Moaniomondo gorra twin bruvver then? lol:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2013, 03:44:05 PM »
Technically, although only turned 65 last July, I've been retired for 12 years now ...... Frankly I dunno how I ever found time to go to work.
What do I do? Well for a start I never go shopping and medication prevents me from drinking.
I manage to fill my days doing all the things I want to do and none of the things I can't be arsed with anymore.

Oh and I seem to have spend an enormous amount of time in hospitals.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2013, 03:50:31 PM »
@BM

That's all well and good, ESPECIALLY if you have things to occupy you that you thouroughly enjoy and are content with.
Trouble with me is most ofl the things i want to do ...travel to desolate parts mainly... are just too damned expensive, and me body problee is too creaky now anyway. sad32:

Absolutely NOWT around here enthralls me. noooo:
Town full of mongulated 12 fingered interbred retards whose main thrill of the week is a trip to McShittles, followd by a glass fight in the local shit'ouse and a jolly old 130 decibel 'sing song' on the way home down our road at 03:30am whilst lobbing their half empty ale glasses at your front room window or car.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 03:54:14 PM by GROWLER »

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2013, 03:52:31 PM »
Technically, although only turned 65 last July, I've been retired for 12 years now ...... Frankly I dunno how I ever found time to go to work.
What do I do? Well for a start I never go shopping and medication prevents me from drinking.
I manage to fill my days doing all the things I want to do and none of the things I can't be arsed with anymore.

But apart from your health problems...obviously, you're actually quite a 'appy and contented owld puppy, aren't you ey? rubschin:
That's good. :thumbsup:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2013, 03:54:19 PM »

But apart from your health problems...obviously, you're actually quite a 'appy and contented owld puppy, aren't you ey? rubschin:

Oh yes ~ 'course it helps having a child bride who can werk for another 12 years yet  :thumbsup: NOW THAT'S A TOP TIP!
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2013, 03:57:49 PM »

Oh yes ~ 'course it helps having a child bride who can werk for another 12 years yet  :thumbsup: NOW THAT'S A TOP TIP!

Wot?! eeek:

Get meself a CHILD BRIDE!?? eeek: eeek: eeek: Shocked:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2013, 03:58:38 PM »

doh:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2013, 04:09:41 PM »
I think I retired last year.  Well I walked out of a shite job umpteen commuting miles away (great people though) and haven't really looked for work since

It helps that Mrs K did same thing a year earlier.  Much as I like having the time to do stuff, I reckon if someone is in a worthwhile job where they make a difference (or they really need the money) then keep working.  There's a buzz from doing work well that someone appreciates.

[/serious mode]
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 04:20:42 PM »
[serious]I used to be lucky enough to have The. best. Job. In. The. Whole. World.  cloud9:

I made loadsamunny, had world-wide travel, new cars, an aeroplane and could do (almost) anything I wanted...  cloud9: cloud9:

Yet being retired and living on meagre resources is infinitely better....  cloud9: cloud9: cloud9:

And I'm constantly reminded that we are only here once - and it might not be for as long as we think...  sad24: [/serious]
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 04:21:48 PM »
I think I retired last year.  Well I walked out of a shite job umpteen commuting miles away (great people though) and haven't really looked for work since

It helps that Mrs K did same thing a year earlier.  Much as I like having the time to do stuff, I reckon if someone is in a worthwhile job where they make a difference (or they really need the money) then keep working.  There's a buzz from doing work well that someone appreciates.

[/serious mode]

Nail, bang, head.

I luv me job generally speaking, and most of the time, but the job doesn't seem to luv me anymore.

Sign of the times I guess. Everyone's tightening their belts, and I'm now seen as a 'luxury' seemingly (reading between the lines of the feedback) rather than a cure for them saving money. ::)

Just spoken to MM about it, and she complains about her life being dull, with no money, but as I said to her, she's got her whole life in front of her, with the prospects of a good job some time in the future too.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2013, 04:24:13 PM »
[serious]I used to be lucky enough to have The. best. Job. In. The. Whole. World.  cloud9:

I made loadsamunny, had world-wide travel, new cars, an aeroplane and could do (almost) anything I wanted...  cloud9: cloud9:

Yet being retired and living on meagre resources is infinitely better....  cloud9: cloud9: cloud9:

And I'm constantly reminded that we are only here once - and it might not be for as long as we think...  sad24: [/serious]

Nick's public liability insurer?  rubschin:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2013, 04:25:21 PM »

Wot he said...^^^

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #28 on: February 25, 2013, 04:25:48 PM »

Nick's public liability insurer?  rubschin:

lol: lol: lol:

I said 'best', not 'most profitable'.... ::)
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #29 on: February 25, 2013, 04:27:40 PM »

:thumbsup: Only works if she doesn't walk out  sad32:

Fortunately she left me with my money and pension so I was still able to retire early. I was getting seriously stressed out and then the heart op made me realise that life's too short to be working in job I no longer enjoyed.

Best thing I ever did.