Author Topic: Retirement  (Read 5211 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Re: Retirement
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »

another guy 60 plus is taking up bowling ,,,,,,

Each to their own like, but... sleep017

I mean, if every sod in the werld liked what i liked doing, there'd be piggin traffic lights speed cameras, toll paths and contraflows on the mountains, and that piggin' JOM lad would be up there with his herd of pikeys laying TARMAC down over the boulders for H and bastrd S purposes. Banghead
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 06:12:58 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 06:25:57 PM »
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=203280383144662" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I will prolly get slated for posting this but hey why not. I haven't had a good slating for ages.

Awesome!  cloud9:

Why should we slate you for that...?
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2013, 06:28:07 PM »
<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=203280383144662" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I will prolly get slated for posting this but hey why not. I haven't had a good slating for ages.

Awesome!  cloud9:

I just said that........ ::)

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »

Awesome!  cloud9:

I just said that........ ::)

No you didn't you potty-mouthed gayer... ::)

You said: -

Fucking awesome .........and so true
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2013, 06:45:46 PM »

I have got chills and tears in my eyes. When I moved to Cyprus and went into the entertaiinment industry, it was a massive let down for my parents who called me a beach bum and kind of hoped iit was a fad that would pass. 13 years on I am still here and skint, but I love what I do.
We got offered a lot of money for our business a couple of years ago and I didn't even consider selling because there is nothing I want to do more than waht I do now. When my parents call it is only to lecture me on what I should be doing and where I should be in life by my age. They are ruled by the shite conformists of society who dictate the way you should live your life, without ever questioning why.

I don't have sky TV and on the first ever Christmas day I hosted, they had to leave early to watch the eastenders xmas special. 'nuff said.

The one question they never ask when they call to berate me and my life choices is "are you happy?"..........well for anyone who is interested....Yes, yes I am.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2013, 06:48:23 PM »

I have got chills and tears in my eyes. When I moved to Cyprus and went into the entertaiinment industry, it was a massive let down for my parents who called me a beach bum and kind of hoped iit was a fad that would pass. 13 years on I am still here and skint, but I love what I do.
We got offered a lot of money for our business a couple of years ago and I didn't even consider selling because there is nothing I want to do more than waht I do now. When my parents call it is only to lecture me on what I should be doing and where I should be in life by my age. They are ruled by the shite conformists of society who dictate the way you should live your life, without ever questioning why.

I don't have sky TV and on the first ever Christmas day I hosted, they had to leave early to watch the eastenders xmas special. 'nuff said.

The one question they never ask when they call to berate me and my life choices is "are you happy?"..........well for anyone who is interested....Yes, yes I am.

Since you met me like...?  eyes:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2013, 06:49:35 PM »

Awesome!  cloud9:

Yes indeed.  cloud9:

But yes, we REALLY need to know why you think we're going to be all cross with you about it like.
One sentence reply will suffice. :thumbsup:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2013, 06:52:21 PM »

Now THAT ^^last bit would absolutely do for me chief! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Pastis

• Power Poster
  • a continuing precarious position
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2013, 06:54:49 PM »

If these are the words of the Alan Watts I think it is then no surprise  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Like the Buddhist said to the hot dog vendor...
"Make me one with everything"

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2013, 06:57:50 PM »

Now THAT ^^last bit would absolutely do for me chief! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cloud9:

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2013, 07:33:37 PM »

cloud9:
I've always thought and said that me lickle sosage.

Told the GROWLERS Jnr collective that i really don't give a flying herd o' turds WHAT they do in life ...within reason, as long as they're happy. cloud9:

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2013, 07:35:38 PM »

cloud9:
I've always thought and said that me lickle sosage.

Told the GROWLERS Jnr collective that i really don't give a flying herd o' turds WHAT they do in life ...within reason, as long as they're happy. cloud9:

adopt me. sad24:

ooooo I love morris minors btw.

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2013, 09:23:15 PM »

Awesome!  cloud9:

Yes indeed.  cloud9:

But yes, we REALLY need to know why you think we're going to be all cross with you about it like.
One sentence reply will suffice. :thumbsup:

Because I am a daft owd bat? 
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2013, 09:38:07 PM »
not at all Miss C. It was excellent.  Thumbs:

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2013, 09:54:15 PM »
I don't see myself ever really retiring. I live in the middle of what I have always loved doing and can wander about poking my nose into it as much or as little as I want.

Sudden stops seem very bad news from what I have seen.

I mostly despair