Author Topic: Amongst the current various shite, some good news!  (Read 1431 times)

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
Amongst the current various shite, some good news!
« on: March 29, 2013, 11:03:26 PM »
 Shocked:

Young GROWLER cub jnr has got an interview next week with one of the largest public transport operators in the UK...and with many thanks to a glowing reference from one of his current line managers, who I have rung and personally thanked.

He isn't automatically guaranteed a job, naturally, but he's in with a pretty damned good shout it seems.
I'm a very proud owld Bear with him, regardless of the outcome.

So nice to hear glowing testaments about your nippers ey? angel1
So good to receive good news for a change too amongst all the other current crap that's going on around here....including possibly some very serious trouble with my eldest that I've disturbingly been just made aware of. eeek: eeek: eeek:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:06:17 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
Re: Amongst the current various shite, some good news!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 11:08:00 PM »
 :thumbsup: to him, and to you too
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 11:11:26 PM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 11:14:53 PM »
 :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  keeping fingers crossed mind for that interview
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 11:16:16 PM »

I've done nowt, and take NO credit whatsoever.
HE used his initiative and did all the ground work himself, without any help whatsoever, going into the new depot in Chester, and asking for an application form without even knowing if their were any vacancies...which there weren't at the time.
he filled it in carfefully, and hand delivered it.

They were gobsmaked apparently when he told them he'd already got his PCV and with 12 months experience under his belt.

I don't like crowing about my cubs, but he really has made me a aproud owld Bear tbqh, which is more than can be said for elder brother who is sadly going to be hitting the fan with copius amounts of deep deep shit some time very soon I fear.

Deep joy and deep despair all at the same time.
No wonder I'm a confuzzled and happy miserable knackered owld sod. confused:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 11:19:05 PM by GROWLER »

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 03:31:32 AM »
Oh Growler, happy100 happy100  The joy of kids eh?  You bring them up more or less the same and they turn out so differently.  Some virtual strength is winging it's way to you . xx
« Last Edit: March 30, 2013, 07:30:49 AM by Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons) »
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 07:14:11 AM »

HE used his initiative and did all the ground work himself, without any help whatsoever, going into the new depot in Chester, and asking for an application form without even knowing if their were any vacancies...which there weren't at the time.

They were gobsmaked apparently when he told them he'd already got his PCV and with 12 months experience under his belt.

I don't like crowing about my cubs, but he really has made me a aproud owld Bear tbqh, which is more than can be said for elder brother who is sadly going to be hitting the fan with copius amounts of deep deep shit some time very soon I fear.

You are one of a number that played your part in shaping him into the person he is, that's where credit is due. I was also referring to you thanking his manager, thanks go a long way with me, both receiving and giving

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 07:35:14 AM »

You are one of a number that played your part in shaping him into the person he is, that's where credit is due. I was also referring to you thanking his manager, thanks go a long way with me, both receiving and giving

I am with JOM on this one. Having made a few phone calls myself and having suggested to various children that a phone call might be a good idea, or any other way of communicating long distance. The rearing of the cubs is a given IMO. :thumbsup:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Miss Demeanour

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 07:39:18 AM »
Well done Cub Jnr.

Growler - do you fancy taking in a stray 16 year old vixen? She has a nasty bite and needs some house training  rubschin:
Skubber

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 07:43:21 AM »
Well done Cub Jnr.

Growler - do you fancy taking in a stray 16 year old vixen? She has a nasty bite and needs some house training  rubschin:

eeek: Gordon Bennett, she's 16, who stole those years? That's what I want to know.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 07:46:31 AM »
Miss C has now lost some years as well as a day. Can we all please check our sheds and outbuildings....Also, look out for dead bodies in case the walkers, joggers and dog walkers have missed any  ;D

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 08:48:31 AM »
Miss C has now lost some years as well as a day. Can we all please check our sheds and outbuildings....Also, look out for dead bodies in case the walkers, joggers and dog walkers have missed any  ;D

lol: lol: Thank you JOM
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2013, 06:58:28 AM »

Hurrah. Another one for the dog walkers   OK, not a complete result I grant you

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2013, 07:01:57 AM »

Hurrah. Another one for the dog walkers   OK, not a complete result I grant you

lol: lol: lol:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 08:24:21 AM »
Oh Growler, happy100 happy100  The joy of kids eh?  You bring them up more or less the same and they turn out so differently.  Some virtual strength is winging it's way to you . xx

Seconded :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .