Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
Re: OH
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 11:52:37 PM »
happy day?

what a lovely war?

Seems you can castigate the government et al, but do the same to Scousers and you unleash all hell. Good on him.

Offline The Moan Ranger

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • No surrender
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 11:54:31 PM »
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 12:01:49 AM by The Moan Ranger (Orderer of the Youngs) »

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 12:27:02 AM »
Ta

eeek: not

I see his blog has been taken down

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 03:27:29 AM »
Gotta love that man.  He used to make me laff. lol: lol:
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 04:07:54 AM »
What a police/nanny state the country is now....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 06:48:40 AM »
He likes/liked to rattle cages but his blog didn't see much activity for a few months. I gave up going back to check a couple of months back
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2013, 06:51:49 AM »
He likes/liked to rattle cages but his blog didn't see much activity for a few months. I gave up going back to check a couple of months back

Indeed...

But I thought he had fled the country to some idyllic paradise to avoid paying tax and the nanny state...?  rubschin:

Turns out he is still living in Braintree! happy001
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2013, 07:22:07 AM »
Turns out he is still living in Braintree! happy001

and in gainful employment.  ::)

From the Liverpool Echo:

A spokeswoman for the man’s employers confirmed they were investigating the situation themselves, after the matter was raised with them.

However:

She added that a number of messages had been sent to the company which they considered to be of a threatening nature, and she called on any complainants to allow them the freedom to continue with their own internal processes.

So it seems that Scousers don't take criticism well.

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2013, 08:25:33 AM »
 ::)

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2013, 08:33:35 AM »
Q.E.D.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 08:52:14 AM »
I have to say that OH often made me laugh too but I was always vaguely uncomfortable with the uncertainty of whether I was laughing with him or at him.
Whatever ~ he has courted trouble for a long time and now it seems it has found him. Deliberate? I always though so. His aim long seemed to me to be notoriety and although he made some very valid points he was also too free with the insults for his own good. Some may say he was fearless in his outing of cant, vanity and hubris but there are limits even in our so called "free country" and he would have been well advised to remember them. Guido, Hislop and others have managed to score points without too much trouble over the years and done so without resort to gratuitous foul language and insults.

I am all for pricking the bubble of pomposity that many in power live in but there are ways and then there is OH's way. Shame he never learned the difference.

As for slurs about Scousers etc ..... Well I come from Hampshire and have never taken offence at being labelled, as all Hampshire people are, of being "Strong in the arm but thick in the head". I am open in my dislike of many things North of Watford Gap, the food, the chip on shoulder attitude of many, the "cartoon" Yorkshire Tykes (Parkinson, Freddy Trueman etc) and the "We are an oppressed nation" attitude of both the Welsh and the Scots Nationalists but I am also aware that amongst the slag heaps there are many nuggets of pure gold. If anything really upsets my equilibrium it is intolerance.

OH is a victim of his own silliness I'm afraid and should have worked out that treading on Scouse toes over such matters as Bulger, Hillsborough etc. would play straight into the hands of those who, rightly or wrongly, feel that the Country, Judiciary and Press have always been against them. He will probably now feel that he is as much a victim of prejudice as those he has apparently upset feel they are. Then again, knowing him only through his ranting and posting, he may well be feeling highly pleased with himself but it will, I fear, cost him dearly.

And that will probably be my last serious post for a while ..... Normal service may now be resumed. angel1
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 10:20:18 AM »
Excellent post Snoopy

OH is very clever and resourceful, he will be back on the interweb in some form.

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 10:31:32 AM »
I have to say that OH often made me laugh too but I was always vaguely uncomfortable with the uncertainty of whether I was laughing with him or at him.
Whatever ~ he has courted trouble for a long time and now it seems it has found him. Deliberate? I always though so. His aim long seemed to me to be notoriety and although he made some very valid points he was also too free with the insults for his own good. Some may say he was fearless in his outing of cant, vanity and hubris but there are limits even in our so called "free country" and he would have been well advised to remember them. Guido, Hislop and others have managed to score points without too much trouble over the years and done so without resort to gratuitous foul language and insults.

I am all for pricking the bubble of pomposity that many in power live in but there are ways and then there is OH's way. Shame he never learned the difference.

As for slurs about Scousers etc ..... Well I come from Hampshire and have never taken offence at being labelled, as all Hampshire people are, of being "Strong in the arm but thick in the head". I am open in my dislike of many things North of Watford Gap, the food, the chip on shoulder attitude of many, the "cartoon" Yorkshire Tykes (Parkinson, Freddy Trueman etc) and the "We are an oppressed nation" attitude of both the Welsh and the Scots Nationalists but I am also aware that amongst the slag heaps there are many nuggets of pure gold. If anything really upsets my equilibrium it is intolerance.

OH is a victim of his own silliness I'm afraid and should have worked out that treading on Scouse toes over such matters as Bulger, Hillsborough etc. would play straight into the hands of those who, rightly or wrongly, feel that the Country, Judiciary and Press have always been against them. He will probably now feel that he is as much a victim of prejudice as those he has apparently upset feel they are. Then again, knowing him only through his ranting and posting, he may well be feeling highly pleased with himself but it will, I fear, cost him dearly.

And that will probably be my last serious post for a while ..... Normal service may now be resumed. angel1

happ096
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie