Author Topic: People are SCUM.  (Read 1239 times)

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
People are SCUM.
« on: May 11, 2013, 09:57:32 AM »
Llast night coming home about 11 30 saw a tourist at the side of the road with a dog on his lap ......pulled over to help, he said he thought it had been run over..
but checked him no visible signs of injury ...so guessed it was poison ...got the dog n him n wife in car ..drove like a maniac to emergency vet ....bashed on the door woke him up....the poor bastard died in my arms ...tried heart massage n everything .......

Took the tourists home ..they were disgusted n upset ....the last night of their holiday....

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: People are SCUM.
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 10:05:46 AM »
Llast night coming home about 11 30 saw a tourist at the side of the road with a dog on his lap ......pulled over to help, he said he thought it had been run over..
but checked him no visible signs of injury ...so guessed it was poison ...got the dog n him n wife in car ..drove like a maniac to emergency vet ....bashed on the door woke him up....the poor bastard died in my arms ...tried heart massage n everything .......

Took the tourists home ..they were disgusted n upset ....the last night of their holiday....

What a ghastly thing...

...well done you for helping like....  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 10:06:50 AM »

Seconded! Stand that man a beer (or three)
What a ghastly thing...

...well done you for helping like....  Thumbs:
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Offline GROWLER

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 10:25:35 AM »
The sooner wulfies take over the planet and start dishing out their revenge, the better.

Good on you anyway Apey.
Just such a shame it came to nothing, but at least you and the tourist tried. angel1

You've got a kind and caring streak hiding behind that seemingly gruff exterior. Nice one, and most comendable.:thumbsup:

Offline Just One More

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 10:32:43 AM »
I just can't get my head around how anybody can do that to an animal. Utter scum  cussing:

And well done on yer efforts
LiFe - It's an "F" in lie

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 10:51:32 AM »
I just can't get my head around how anybody can do that to an animal. Utter scum  cussing:

And well done on yer efforts

It is surprisingly common here....  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 10:52:53 AM »
Sorry Apey never saw this before I posted on the other thread..... redface:

Big hug for trying...it's awful....who could do something like that..... evil:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline miss Tchevious

• Senior Moment
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 01:05:39 PM »
We have his collar. It has a reference number on it instead of ID tag so we think it has got out of the animal sanctuary. Will have to chase it up incase there is an owner missing him.

Every time there is a poisoned animal taken to our vet they send out a group message to warn us where there is poison. When you get multiple messages a day from them it is heartbreaking and disgusting.

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 09:45:52 PM »
We have his collar. It has a reference number on it instead of ID tag so we think it has got out of the animal sanctuary. Will have to chase it up incase there is an owner missing him.

Every time there is a poisoned animal taken to our vet they send out a group message to warn us where there is poison. When you get multiple messages a day from them it is heartbreaking and disgusting.

That is so sad... sad24:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Miss Creant Commander of the picklement and baking BAb(Hons)

• Power Poster
  • I have a keen sense of stupidity!
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 05:31:30 AM »
Well done for trying to help.  I echo what others have said ghastly experience for you both.  Despicable behaviour from whoever did it.  Force feeding them some of their own poison might be an option if you ever get hold of him.
I have always thought that the worst thing about drowning was having to call 'help!' You must look such a fool. It's put me against drowning.
J Basil Boothroyd

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 08:03:30 AM »
Not to detract in any way from the horror of this incident, but the assumption is that the poor dog was deliberately poisoned.
I don't know the general practice in Cyprus, but my experience of hot countries was that rats are a big problem and the poison put down for them often found its way into hapless dogs.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 08:10:21 AM »
Not to detract in any way from the horror of this incident, but the assumption is that the poor dog was deliberately poisoned.
I don't know the general practice in Cyprus, but my experience of hot countries was that rats are a big problem and the poison put down for them often found its way into hapless dogs.  noooo:

It is complicated Darwin...

Farmers use poison (Lanate) to kill the foxes and dogs that attack their goats and sheep. The dogs often having been let free by owners that simply don't want them...

So sometimes people out walking their dogs have them poisoned by the meat left out by farmers...

But pet dogs are also poisoned at home - by meat thrown into the garden. My mate's (and next-but-two neighbour) two dogs were poisoned in the garden while we were there - it was ghastly...

It is quite a frequent occurrence...

God knows what goes through the minds of people that would put an animal through such a terrible ordeal...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2013, 08:48:38 AM »

Farmers use poison (Lanate) to kill the foxes and dogs that attack their goats and sheep. The dogs often having been let free by owners that simply don't want them...

So sometimes people out walking their dogs have them poisoned by the meat left out by farmers...

But pet dogs are also poisoned at home - by meat thrown into the garden. My mate's (and next-but-two neighbour) two dogs were poisoned in the garden while we were there - it was ghastly...

God knows what goes through the minds of people that would put an animal through such a terrible ordeal...  noooo:
Understood. As I said I don't know the local practices.

Sheep/goat protection is a problem everywhere but a remote injection of lead is the usual answer, and very quick.
I mostly despair

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2013, 09:01:30 AM »

Sheep/goat protection is a problem everywhere but a remote injection of lead is the usual answer, and very quick.

Indeed...

Problem here is that the sheep/goat roam over a vast area... They don't keep them penned "because it is easier to steal them all" and of course they don't have to feed them if they are helping themselves to everything in my garden...
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2013, 09:23:41 AM »

Indeed...

Problem here is that the sheep/goat roam over a vast area... They don't keep them penned "because it is easier to steal them all" and of course they don't have to feed them if they are helping themselves to everything in my garden...
Lead injection and freezer in that case.  whistle:
I mostly despair