Disgusterous

Author Topic: Barman's bad day  (Read 7290 times)

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
Re: Barman's bad day
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 09:20:34 AM »
We always use linen. Sorry ~ hadn't realised how the other half live. Just wait until Mr Dance learns about it. ::)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  doh:
So do we (use linen that is) but only for those guests that I know have appropraite motor skills to use eating implements without either dropping my culinary delights on their own personage or my tablecloth enroute to their gobs  ;D Suprisingly few merit the linen, so the paper serviette versions are always on hand too  razz:

Actually this thread diversion onto serviette holders and eating capabilities leads me onto another of my issues with current child rearing practices in that (very sadly) I have noted over the past few years a marked decline in younger peoples food to mouth co-ordination adbilities. When I was younger we were taught to use a knife and fork properly (none this now apparently accepted fork in right hand wrong way up shovelling method allowed) and one of my GrandMothers favourite and when needed very vocally voiced sayings was:

''Food to your mouth, not mouth to your food''

So be assured that your linen serviettes are safe with me at the dinner table  ;D

Finally - Where oh where is Mr. Dance? Were you all nasty to him?   

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
  • In the Prime of Senility
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2007, 09:35:17 AM »
I don't think we were particularly nasty to Mr Dance ~ though he does give the impression that he thinks we are a bit beneath him and of course taking the p*** out of him is almost a national sport. I'm sure he'll be around when he feels he has something worth declaiming about.
I used to have a handle on life but it broke.

Offline Nick

• Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2007, 11:08:31 AM »
I often find myself enquiring of The Boy whether his knife and fork are broken. Strangely his manners in restaurants are impeccable, but at home the urgency to stoke in the vast quantities of food he requires and then go to do something else seems overwhelming.
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Sour Puss

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2007, 11:51:36 AM »
We always use linen. Sorry ~ hadn't realised how the other half live. Just wait until Mr Dance learns about it. ::)

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  doh:
So do we (use linen that is) but only for those guests that I know have appropraite motor skills to use eating implements without either dropping my culinary delights on their own personage or my tablecloth enroute to their gobs  ;D Suprisingly few merit the linen, so the paper serviette versions are always on hand too  razz:

Exactly so, I use linen for dinner parties. Sadly I fear Snoopy's family and guests are of a far higher quality than mine, if they use linen everyday.  I use paper when it is appropriate, normally the overnight visits of Granddaughters merit the paper, as do family meals consisting of curry or bolognaise, as some people do not take the care they should, and as you say, appear not to know where their mouths are.
No need to post one, but thanks for the offer, I have a very nice, refined holder but it does not take IKEA serviettes, they are much to big. Mine are dainty.  cloud9:

Offline Nick

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2007, 11:54:58 AM »
With some of the rellies we just hose them down noooo:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2007, 11:58:03 AM »

Offline Nick

« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2007, 12:01:11 PM »
Mrs Nick's scally cousin Edgar and I claim my ?5

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2007, 12:28:30 PM »

Now what was the famours film that was from ???  rubschin:

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2007, 12:30:14 PM »
It was a Monty Python Sketch

Offline Nick

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2007, 12:32:48 PM »
Similar thing in Magical Mystery Tour

Offline Bar Wench

• Power Poster
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2007, 12:33:50 PM »
Actually it's from The Meaning of Life.

We use linen here too. I inherited a load of tat a couple of years ago and there were hundreds of the things. Those that are deemed unworthy get kitchen roll.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2007, 12:35:58 PM »

We use linen here too. I inherited a load of tat a couple of years ago and there were hundreds of the things. Those that are deemed unworthy get kitchen roll.

A girl after my own heart.

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »
It was a Monty Python Sketch

I think the later and agree with Nick  shocked003 - they had loads of surreal clips that accompanied that classic  45rpm release.

Offline Snoopy

• Administrator
  • Power Poster
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2007, 12:46:43 PM »

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life is a musical film comedy made in 1983 by the Monty Python comedy team. Unlike their previous two films, which had told a single, coherent story, The Meaning of Life returns to the sketch comedy format of the original television series, being a series of comic skits about the various stages of life. It was the last of the Monty Python films.

So it was a sketch RIGHT! evil:

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2007, 12:49:17 PM »

Monty Python's The Meaning of Life is a musical film comedy made in 1983 by the Monty Python comedy team. Unlike their previous two films, which had told a single, coherent story, The Meaning of Life returns to the sketch comedy format of the original television series, being a series of comic skits about the various stages of life. It was the last of the Monty Python films.

So it was a sketch RIGHT! evil:

Right   worthy: Knotted don't your knickers get  smile: