Author Topic: Syria  (Read 4075 times)

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
Syria
« on: June 17, 2013, 09:09:11 PM »
As far as I'm concerned the UK should just say it's nothing to do with us and stop trying to interfere.

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
Re: Syria
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 09:31:56 PM »
As far as I'm concerned the UK should just say it's nothing to do with us and stop trying to interfere.

They can't resist can they ... poking noses in where they don't belong ... absolute madness they seem to think we are back in the late nineteenth century when we were a force to be reckoned with..

Apart from anything else we are virtually bankrupt so where the hell is the money to come from to get involved... Wholesale  cuts in our service personnel and another enemy without a uniform so they don't even know who the hell the enemy are . eeek:

My question is 'WHY' if it was us who would fucking care... Not the Syrian's  I'm sure... noooo:

Then what do I know... ::)
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 04:42:09 AM »

They can't resist can they ... poking noses in where they don't belong ... absolute madness they seem to think we are back in the late nineteenth century when we were a force to be reckoned with..

Apart from anything else we are virtually bankrupt so where the hell is the money to come from to get involved... Wholesale  cuts in our service personnel and another enemy without a uniform so they don't even know who the hell the enemy are . eeek:

My question is 'WHY' if it was us who would fucking care... Not the Syrian's  I'm sure... noooo:

Then what do I know... ::)

Agree with both....  Thumbs:

This is an unfolding disaster that could spread to the entire region...  noooo:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 07:29:02 AM »
. . .
And further if you take a turn a blind eye attitude

To me it's the "what would you do if you saw your neighbour stabbing his wife issue?"  Yes it's none of your business, yes you could get stabbed but what are the end effects of finding excuses for doing nothing?

You have to learn from history and the 1930's are a very good reference point

Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 07:33:02 AM »
. . .

To me it's the "what would you do if you saw your neighbour stabbing his wife issue?"  Yes it's none of your business, yes you could get stabbed but what are the end effects of finding excuses for doing nothing?

Good point - you should obviously give the wife a bigger knife....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 07:59:24 AM »
. . .

No excuses it is their business let them get on with it ... The rest of us butt out.. If they choose to fight so be it . Why should our young people die for  something they prolly don't understand or want to  understand..
They signed up to defend us not god knows who because our PM wants to make a name for himself...  It just seems to me another Blair situation... Look at me I am going to make world peace ... Did fuck all but increase his personal fortune..
At least in the 1930"s  there was a threat of invaision and you knew who the enemy were  they know who our guys are .. evil:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 08:04:34 AM »
. . .

No excuses it is their business let them get on with it ... The rest of us butt out.. If they choose to fight so be it . Why should our young people die for  something they prolly don't understand or want to  understand..
They signed up to defend us not god knows who because our PM wants to make a name for himself...  It just seems to me another Blair situation... Look at me I am going to make world peace ... Did fuck all but increase his personal fortune..
At least in the 1930"s  there was a threat of invaision and you knew who the enemy were  they know who our guys are .. evil:

Indeed...

It is nothing to do with the UK and the 'people' we are planning to arm hate us and have vowed to destroy us...

It is amazing how the UK gubberment is so keen to dish arms out to every Muslim in the world yet has disarmed its own citizens....

... leaving them unable to defend themselves against Muslims who chose to hack them to death in broad daylight on the streets of London....
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 08:11:41 AM »
. . .

Indeed...

It is nothing to do with the UK and the 'people' we are planning to arm hate us and have vowed to destroy us...

It is amazing how the UK gubberment is so keen to dish arms out to every Muslim in the world yet has disarmed its own citizens....

... leaving them unable to defend themselves against Muslims who chose to hack them to death in broad daylight on the streets of London....

Well said that man..... :thumbsup:(left)

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 08:24:45 AM »
So lets get this clear

If a man is forced to watch his wife and children being cluster bombed and two people want to help him.  One is an Islamic zealot and the other a reasonable guy then Boogs you would say to the reasonable guy no you must not help and if you do we will prosecute you.

A few facts BTW

Wasn't til 1940 that we were threatened, in the 30s I referred to we did 1st class hand wringing and stuff all else while Italy, Japan and later Germany were annexing all sorts of territory.  Guess what 1940 came after those events.

No one I know has suggested sending UK troops, just not making it illegal to send real help

Oh and the majority of armed opponents to Assad are secular
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 10:05:36 AM »
Like most of the middle East problems, the underlying problem is differing religious factions, much as Ulster was during the 'troubles'.

That was on 'our' home ground and it is barely sorted out today.
The fact that two slightly different shades of raghead choose to destroy each other makes no more sense and will be just as difficult to resolve.

They don't have much oil or anything else useful so we might as well let them slug it out.

Bring all the journalists out too, and stop showing us sad pictures of civilians who are caught up in it all every night on TV. 

Until 'embedded journalism' was invented for Vietnam, we were all quite happy not knowing about such things.

Freedom of the press is such an Albatross round the neck of our conscience.  noooo:
I mostly despair

Offline Uncle Mort

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 12:02:33 PM »

I don't see how you can relate the rise of fascism to the current civil war in Syria. We did nothing in Thirties and countries were annexed. Do nothing in Syria and eventually either Assad will remain in power or he won't. It's not as if Syria is planning to annex Turkey and then invade Europe.

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 12:30:04 PM »
Like most of the middle East problems, the underlying problem is differing religious factions, much as Ulster was during the 'troubles'.

That was on 'our' home ground and it is barely sorted out today.
The fact that two slightly different shades of raghead choose to destroy each other makes no more sense and will be just as difficult to resolve.

They don't have much oil or anything else useful so we might as well let them slug it out.

Bring all the journalists out too, and stop showing us sad pictures of civilians who are caught up in it all every night on TV. 

Until 'embedded journalism' was invented for Vietnam, we were all quite happy not knowing about such things.

Freedom of the press is such an Albatross round the neck of our conscience.  noooo:

happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 12:30:29 PM »

I don't see how you can relate the rise of fascism to the current civil war in Syria. We did nothing in Thirties and countries were annexed. Do nothing in Syria and eventually either Assad will remain in power or he won't. It's not as if Syria is planning to annex Turkey and then invade Europe.

happ096
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2013, 12:48:12 PM »
Think we have some refugees here now....... noooo:

Offline Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!