Author Topic: The State of the Nation  (Read 2512 times)

Online Nick

• Needs to get out more...
Warning: May contain Skub
Cat sitter extraordinaire
Semi-professional crocodile

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
Re: The State of the Nation
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 12:58:53 PM »
Now the kid will sue ........ noooo:

Online Nick

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 01:02:07 PM »
or get a taste for bacon  :thumbsup:

Offline Grumpmeister

• Power Poster
  • Prankmeister General
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 01:39:52 PM »
FFS if she had gaffer taped the kid to a dining room chair and forced pork down his throat then fair enough but she made a simple mistake while trying to serve 250 people (not including staff members). Hell I spent enough time working as a waiter and chef when I was younger to know that when you get to those numbers at some point mistakes are going to be inevitable and when they happen you apologise, sort it out and move on. 

The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest.

Online Nick

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 02:11:11 PM »
I live next door to a Nursery. All the kids are out playing in the sun. Naturally, they have to be protected from this with special hats and sun block in case they die. This also seems to apply to the African lad  noooo:

Offline Marley's Ghost (Imbiber of Spirits)

• Fool Member
  • What a dead end job . .
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 03:00:07 PM »
I live next door to a Nursery. All the kids are out playing in the sun. Naturally, they have to be protected from this with special hats and sun block in case they die. This also seems to apply to the African lad  noooo:

Well Nick, believe it or not, they too can get sunburned!

More years ago than I care to remember, in my RAF days, I shared a billet with a bloke called Maurice Green - who was not green but a very dark black!

Ace bloke.

He spent a very sunny weekend at a festival and returned complaining of sunburn - how we larfed!

Until he started peeling sheets of skin off a week or so later . . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Well, someone had to say it!

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 04:38:26 PM »
Should have served the little cnut rat poison and have a propper reason to get the sack like.  Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 04:47:00 PM »
. . .The company continued: “Obviously we cannot provide all of the details surrounding the dismissal. However, as a general note, Lunchtime UK would not seek to dismiss any employee due to just one honest mistake.

seems she had form
Well, whatever, nevermind

Online Nick

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 04:49:17 PM »
For what? Cucumber insertion?

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 05:22:13 PM »
dunno but seems the headmaster was watching her closely for food related cock ups so seems a reasonable guess she'd done this very thing on more than one occasion

Not sure what the right thing is, most of us would just accept that cock ups occur and if you really really don't want any risk of your child eating pork then put them in a faith school

Well, whatever, nevermind

• Fool Member
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 05:44:12 PM »
Also, in light of the fact that the rug rat had specifically requested the gammon, and she checked it, it hardly seems fair IMO . . . .

Maybe, if they're not putting her in a faith school, then at least teach the daft girl that gammon is made from pork - like pork pies, bacon etc . . . .
"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." 

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 06:12:40 PM »
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-08-01/dinner-lady-sacked-for-serving-pork-to-a-muslim-pupil/

Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9:

When are we in this country going to do something ......before anyone  says I have no idea what..... But this woman does not go out to work for the love of it I am sure.... now will have no income.... all because some kid may have eaten some pork ffs... 
This is our fault for allowing it to happen and it will only get worse  so we can only blame ourselves ....  Angry9:

People can defend this sort of thing..... and plenty of brainwashed middle class mostly wimmin I am sorry to say will find any excuse for it but we are a British Christian society  and as there  are lots of Muslim country's to live in if they are not happy to respect our ways as we have to in their country's then leave... I am not racist but these people are ....our fecking government not just this one but successive ones over the years have been gutless or clueless  and blind to what is going on..... Left alone we will be living in a British Muslim society..... Angry9: Angry9: Angry9:
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

• Fool Member
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 06:18:06 PM »
http://www.itv.com/news/update/2013-08-01/dinner-lady-sacked-for-serving-pork-to-a-muslim-pupil/

Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9: Angry9:

When are we in this country going to do something ......before anyone  says I have no idea what..... But this woman does not go out to work for the love of it I am sure.... now will have no income.... all because some kid may have eaten some pork ffs... 
This is our fault for allowing it to happen and it will only get worse  so we can only blame ourselves ....  Angry9:

People can defend this sort of thing..... and plenty of brainwashed middle class mostly wimmin I am sorry to say will find any excuse for it but we are a British Christian society  and as there  are lots of Muslim country's to live in if they are not happy to respect our ways as we have to in their country's then leave... I am not racist but these people are ....our fecking government not just this one but successive ones over the years have been gutless or clueless  and blind to what is going on..... Left alone we will be living in a British Muslim society..... Angry9: Angry9: Angry9:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: