Disgusterous

Author Topic: The State of the Nation  (Read 2508 times)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
Re: The State of the Nation
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2013, 07:35:46 AM »
Anyhoooo... Back to The State of the Nation...

there is a great piece by Russel Taylor in praise of Lads Mags here....

The Co-op didn’t come up with the campaign against lads’ mags by itself. It hopped on a bandwagon driven by groups like UK Feminista and Object, and cheered on by self-righteous bitches’ covens like Mumsnet. Their argument appears to be that these magazines are instruments of a culture that treats women as sexual objects and denies them the respect they deserve. By putting their lewd covers behind opaque plastic sleeves, campaigners hope to break the cycle and prevent the next generation of young men from becoming a chauvinistic cabal of wolf-whistlers, arse-pinchers, wife-beaters and glass-ceiling-builders.

Well worth a read!  Thumbs:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2013, 07:43:45 AM »

The Co-op didn’t come up with the campaign against lads’ mags by itself. It hopped on a bandwagon driven by groups like UK Feminista and Object, and cheered on by self-righteous bitches’ covens like Mumsnet. Their argument appears to be that these magazines are instruments of a culture that treats women as sexual objects and denies them the respect they deserve. By putting their lewd covers behind opaque plastic sleeves, campaigners hope to break the cycle and prevent the next generation of young men from becoming a chauvinistic cabal of wolf-whistlers, arse-pinchers and glass-ceiling-builders.

Correct me if I am wrong but does that not come naturally to most young men....... rubschin:

Put it in any sort of cover makes it more appealing ::)
You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2013, 07:49:15 AM »

The Co-op didn’t come up with the campaign against lads’ mags by itself. It hopped on a bandwagon driven by groups like UK Feminista and Object, and cheered on by self-righteous bitches’ covens like Mumsnet. Their argument appears to be that these magazines are instruments of a culture that treats women as sexual objects and denies them the respect they deserve. By putting their lewd covers behind opaque plastic sleeves, campaigners hope to break the cycle and prevent the next generation of young men from becoming a chauvinistic cabal of wolf-whistlers, arse-pinchers and glass-ceiling-builders.

Correct me if I am wrong but does that not come naturally to most young men....... rubschin:

Not me!  angel1
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »

Not me!  angel1

Your not young .... ::)

Online Barman

• Administrator
  • Since 1960...
    • Virtual Pub!
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2013, 08:53:11 AM »

Not me!  angel1

Young at heart....  whistle:
Pro Skub  Thumbs:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2013, 09:19:26 AM »

Not me!  angel1

Young at heart....  whistle:

Heart and head .. aren't we all   :thumbsup: