Author Topic: Rip Off Britain  (Read 5247 times)

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
Rip Off Britain
« on: August 12, 2013, 08:45:00 PM »
Took the grandchildren to the park today Picked them up in town had to sit with the engine running in case a traffic warden came along nowhere to stop without paying....

Arrived at park Carpark £2.40 for 2hrs

Go for a drink mum says daughter 1 coffee (well that was what it was supposed to be) in paper cup 3 soft drinks 2 children's sandwiches  £16.20  eeek:

Children's entertainment ... Donkeys £3 each... Go-karts £1.50 each for 5 mins .... Bouncy Castle £1.50 each 5mins

They wanted to go on the canoes £5 each 10 mins ... noooo: (Grandma puts foot down)

Me... go play on the swings and climbing frames ....  over an hour Free  :thumbsup:

It is empty..... parents dragging kids in opposite direction lots of tears ....... sad24:

Now I know I am Scottish but I am not tight .. ;)

In this economic climate there are a lot of families who like us in the old days went to the park with a picnic free parking and  swings etc..

They could charge much less to give the families a fighting chance to enjoy these extra things ...

Instead there were countless children upset and not understanding why they were unable to enjoy the same as others...

They could half their prices, free parking , giving all families the chance to enjoy... Not just those of us who can afford it...

angry037

You only get one chance at this life so make the most of it .

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
Re: Rip Off Britain
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2013, 09:23:53 PM »
yep they should be sent up chimneys

OK does seem a rip off but IIRC from my dim and distant past kids always want something they think some other kids can't have.   It won't change.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2013, 09:41:56 PM »
Shame..........same every where now........ noooo:

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 09:43:45 PM »

OK does seem a rip off but IIRC from my dim and distant past kids always want something they think some other kids can't have.  It won't change.

No what I am trying to get over  is the fact that the greedy council can't leave anything alone ... what I have seen today shows me nothing is sacred ....   They will try to screw us every way .....

When I was in Scotland last week for example last week it cost me nothing for car parking here it would have needed a mortgage.. at least £12 per day.... cussing:

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 09:48:49 PM »

OK does seem a rip off but IIRC from my dim and distant past kids always want something they think some other kids can't have.  It won't change.

No what I am trying to get over  is the fact that the greedy council can't leave anything alone ... what I have seen today shows me nothing is sacred ....   They will try to screw us every way .....

When I was in Scotland last week for example last week it cost me nothing for car parking here it would have needed a mortgage.. at least £12 per day.... cussing:

Use the donkey...... Thumbs:

Offline Steve

• Power Poster
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 10:48:02 PM »

Drive them out to Cropwell Bishop, lovely village not far from you and free parking.  Don't talk to the locals though as one will be my niece and she might tell all the K family secrets.
Well, whatever, nevermind

Offline Landlady

• Fool Member
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2013, 11:36:58 AM »
It is a shame Boogs and I agree that the children certainly don't understand the expense.

Its similar to those blasted sweet displays being put at the start of the supermarket check out queues.......if we were still that little we'd want them too......

Not being smug (truly and honestly) but when daughter and Princess Immy were over (aged 3) we took her to an indoor play complex - climbing things, shooty balls, loads and loads and a very very happy hour plus was spent for the cost of E3, no charge for adults accompanying the children  - outside the safe enclosed area were a set up of mechanical pay as you go ride on toys but again they were very reasonable IMHO at E1 a ride for most and E2 for an exciting go cart thingy and when Nanna chose to go on the jungle birthday train it was still only E1 because the staff don't charge for adults supervising the children ............

The park nearest to why our daughter lives has a nice range of non mechanical items (slides, swings etc) and we do have happy times there but I do dread taking her somewhere in the UK which is profit driven....................

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 10:14:01 PM »
Exactly LL that is how it should be ....  Unfortunately greed takes over ...  noooo:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 07:45:33 PM »
I took ours to France, it was always cheaper.  Municipal campsite in the Loire - free sight of castles and rivers, free play areas, free picnic spots and the municipal pool this year if you bought your ticket from the Campsite Office €2 per adult no time limit, choice of 4 pools. 

.... Tour De France, end of a stage, free parking in a field and to watch the event - free.  3 Course Plat de Jour €8 each.

:thumbsup:
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline boogs

• Power Poster
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 10:02:17 PM »
That's my experience in France , Belgium, Germany,  Austria and Holland Tipsy .. Just seems to be here we get ripped off... noooo:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 10:06:37 PM »
That's my experience in France , Belgium, Germany,  Austria and Holland Tipsy .. Just seems to be here we get ripped off... noooo:

Feck moi.  eeek:

That Bradley Wiggins and Chris Froome cycled a long way for the title.

Offline apc2010

• Power Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 10:18:49 PM »

Feck moi.  eeek:

Lance Armstrong flew there...... whistle:

Offline Baldy

• Power Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 10:19:56 PM »

Feck moi.  eeek:

drumroll:

Offline Tipsy Gipsy

• Power Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2013, 07:59:04 AM »

Feck moi.  eeek:

happy001
It's better than I ever even knew.  They say that the world was built for two.  Only worth living if somebody is loving you.  Baby now you do.

Offline Darwins Selection

• Power Poster
  • I mostly despair
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2013, 09:29:13 AM »

Feck moi.  eeek:

happy001
happy001  happy001

I mostly despair